The ONLY Euro 2016 thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: The ONLY Euro 2016 thread

Post by GranadaJoe »

northbank123 wrote:The pundits who would have absolutely castigated England's performance had Sturridge not scored then described it as superb after the game....

Disappointed not to see Wales play more positive football but to come that close to getting a result with the difference in quality you can't fault them much. Only one side you could say deserved to win the game but Wales restricted England to very few clear-cut chances and that was their game plan. Davies and Chester were superb but awful mistake from Williams for the first and Walker terrorised Taylor throughout.

Also found the praise of Rooney laughable. The fat twat dropping deep and spraying sideways passes was exactly what Wales wanted. His only notable contribution to the game was giving Wales the free-kick for the goal yet Lineker thinks he was phenomenal again.

Shame that fucking Dave Edwards was caught dozing at half pace again for the goal - just like Slovakia. Problem with sitting that deep is no matter how well you defend the chances are that a few loose balls are going to drop the oppositions way in the danger area and that's what happened.

I agree about Rooney.

How he got MOM in the first game is beyond me. He was slow, gave away possession and, a few long balls aside, his passing was very tame.
One tabloid journalist called a ball to Kyle Walker "a once in a century pass". Utter bollocks.

Today he was exactly the same, yet still got praised by some of the pundits.

I hope the English press don't get carried away. because we're still very average.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:came down nutty :wink:

great to see us win a big match at a major tournament, would have loved to have seen it but i'm holiday- sky updates were all i could get.

next time bale, mouth off after you've beaten us will you? :wink: :blah:

8)
Double post was as a result of beer and new mobile. Very happy.

:)

Post by 1989 »

Get in.

ENGLAND TILL I DIE.

nut flush gooner

GranadaJoe wrote:
northbank123 wrote:The pundits who would have absolutely castigated England's performance had Sturridge not scored then described it as superb after the game....

Disappointed not to see Wales play more positive football but to come that close to getting a result with the difference in quality you can't fault them much. Only one side you could say deserved to win the game but Wales restricted England to very few clear-cut chances and that was their game plan. Davies and Chester were superb but awful mistake from Williams for the first and Walker terrorised Taylor throughout.

Also found the praise of Rooney laughable. The fat twat dropping deep and spraying sideways passes was exactly what Wales wanted. His only notable contribution to the game was giving Wales the free-kick for the goal yet Lineker thinks he was phenomenal again.

Shame that fucking Dave Edwards was caught dozing at half pace again for the goal - just like Slovakia. Problem with sitting that deep is no matter how well you defend the chances are that a few loose balls are going to drop the oppositions way in the danger area and that's what happened.

I agree about Rooney.

How he got MOM in the first game is beyond me. He was slow, gave away possession and, a few long balls aside, his passing was very tame.
One tabloid journalist called a ball to Kyle Walker "a once in a century pass". Utter bollocks.

I hope the English press don't get carried away. because we're still very average.
Disagree about Rooney, considering he isn't a playmaker he gives England something they desperately miss, leadership and versatility. I still think Jack could play in a similar role, but it would be too much of a risk to drop our Scouse friend with the experience he has at the top level.

nut flush gooner

nut flush gooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

I agree about Rooney.

Disagree about Rooney, considering he isn't a playmaker he gives England something they desperately miss, leadership and versatility. I still think Jack could play in a similar role, but it would be too much of a risk to drop our Scouse friend with the experience he has at the top level.

Everytime I see the blond one shirk out of a tackle next season I will remind him about the way he tried to bully Ali.
(/quote]

nut flush gooner

nut flush gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

I agree about Rooney.

Everytime I see the blond one shirk out of a tackle next season I will remind him about the way he tried to bully Ali.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I think Rooney has been our best player by a mile in the 2 games so far

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:I think Rooney has been our best player by a mile in the 2 games so far

Kills me to say it but I think that scumbag walker has been engerlands best player so far :cry: :cry:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
augie wrote:
Shocked to see another night of trouble for engerland fans last night :roll: It's not like we couldn't predict that we would hear the usual "the cops went in heavy handed" excuses could we ? :oops: We know that the vast majority of English fans are behaving themselves, but at the same time just watch how many of them faced off and goaded the French cops - when you know that as fans you are being heavily criticised for your behaviour, why would you put yourself in that situation ? I know that if I was having a drink and enjoying myself and seen how some of my fellow fans were goading the cops, I would have got my arse out of there and gone elsewhere - we would see how brave these scumbags would be if the peaceful English fans left them their on their own :roll:
augie, I've been posting on here for 10 years and once we'd got you to write in paragraphs I thought everything would be ok :lol: . :wink:

Look, the "peaceful" England fans have done exactly what you've advocated. Around 45-50k in Marseille on Saturday - how many were facing off against the Russians or police, maybe 500? So, where the fuck do you think the other 45k were then? They were leaving these wankers to their own devices, in much the same way as I'd leave a certain pub cos I could see trouble flaring at home.

Most of these c :censored: s are transferring anti social behaviour to another setting and the only good thing that can be said is that at least some cities and towns in England will be better for it.

but there was hardly any trouble a few minor skirmishes and it was simply like being on magaluf strip in the summer. nothing worse than that. the media are bigging it up just to generate interest.
Over to our reporter on the ground, Geoff Shreeves. What's the latest, Geoff? :D :wink:
haha I spoke to geraint Williams from sky sports yesterday in lille just after he finished a piece to camera! he said himself nothing had happened ( this was just after we got back from the Slovakia game). think I must have been on TV too if it was live as I was drunkenly wandering around behind him!

all this bollox about drinking bans...well no ones told lille or lens!

no trouble in lens so far. shit game with 2 crap teams though. Welsh support was top notch Englands not. how kyle walker was mom is beyond us. rambo was surprisingly best player and Joe Allen did well too. all England players were bang average. especially fat tongue, alli and dier who is atrocious. as for danny rose the poor bastard looks like a bewildered fan whose found himself somehow as the England left back and doesn't know how to get back in the stands.

ps lens is a shit hole.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:I think Rooney has been our best player by a mile in the 2 games so far
Agree, few bitter posters on here at mo though lol

Only joking Taff's :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

To borrow from Arsene's lexicon he's great for illusory dominance. Looks nice to have somebody getting on the ball and spraying good passes. Fuck all danger to the opposition though.

His only notable contribution today was helping give the goal away. I could have sat in that England midfield and sprayed passes about because Wales let them do that.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

northbank123 wrote:
To borrow from Arsene's lexicon he's great for illusory dominance. Looks nice to have somebody getting on the ball and spraying good passes. Fuck all danger to the opposition though.

His only notable contribution today was helping give the goal away. I could have sat in that England midfield and sprayed passes about because Wales let them do that.
No, no you couldn't :wink: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

I'm surprised at how people can claim that ramsey did well and/or worked hard today.........I thought that he was garbage and far too often he appeared lazy by allowing players to run by him and run off the back of him :roll: His little handbags spat with ali aside, I thought that he showed a real yellow streak today and pulled out of several 50/50s

silus

Post by silus »

augie wrote:I'm surprised at how people can claim that ramsey did well and/or worked hard today.........I thought that he was garbage and far too often he appeared lazy by allowing players to run by him and run off the back of him :roll: His little handbags spat with ali aside, I thought that he showed a real yellow streak today and pulled out of several 50/50s
I thought he was the best player on the pitch in the first half...then reverted back to his usual self in the 2nd

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

augie wrote:I'm surprised at how people can claim that ramsey did well and/or worked hard today.........I thought that he was garbage and far too often he appeared lazy by allowing players to run by him and run off the back of him :roll: His little handbags spat with ali aside, I thought that he showed a real yellow streak today and pulled out of several 50/50s
He was okay. In a Wales side that has no intention of playing any attacking football he made a decent go of making himself busy.

Significantly outplayed by Joe Allen as he is every game in a Wales shirt.

The second coming of Jesus Christ Dele Alli was underwhelming. Walker was fantastic though and had Taylor on toast all game. It was England's full backs bombing forward all game relentlessly that was their real threat.