OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: OZIL No shows, Injury, illness ??

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:38 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:36 am
Apparantly, ozil didn't make the trip to Liverpool due a knee injury he was complaining about. He trained on Friday but pulled out the trip to Liverpool. If he plays against Fulham then that's clearly him shirking his duty to play against the big teams.
Sorry mate that is a really silly comment to make about any footballer. If he had an injury or was advised to withdraw as a precaution then he did the right thing. It's not as simple as he just decided not to play. The club have a medical and physio team that analyse and assess these things and advise the player and manager accordingly.

Christ this whole Ozil agenda is getting embarrassing tbh. Have you ever played football competitively over a number of years? You can pick up what at the time feels like a bad knock and three days later it feels fine when the swelling goes down. If he plays against Fulham who is to say he was not legit injured for the mouser game?
It happens too often for my liking. He needs to get himself sorted out take 2-3 months off if necessary. We can't afford to have a player of his quality on his wages dilly dallying over his fitness.
Yes I did play competitively and I did have those niggles but didn't drop out one game to play the next.
Certainly no agenda here. In the sanchez or ozil debate i'd always back Ozil, because in my view he was the better all round player. Simply, losing patience with his sporadic absence. If Arsenal had an attendence disciplinary process for it players Ozil would be on a final written warning for sporadic absences. If he's dropped then that's a manager's decision and shows that Ozil isn't performing in training. If that is due to injury he should just say he's not fit and take the necessary time off to recuperate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:19 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:38 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:36 am
Apparantly, ozil didn't make the trip to Liverpool due a knee injury he was complaining about. He trained on Friday but pulled out the trip to Liverpool. If he plays against Fulham then that's clearly him shirking his duty to play against the big teams.
Sorry mate that is a really silly comment to make about any footballer. If he had an injury or was advised to withdraw as a precaution then he did the right thing. It's not as simple as he just decided not to play. The club have a medical and physio team that analyse and assess these things and advise the player and manager accordingly.

Christ this whole Ozil agenda is getting embarrassing tbh. Have you ever played football competitively over a number of years? You can pick up what at the time feels like a bad knock and three days later it feels fine when the swelling goes down. If he plays against Fulham who is to say he was not legit injured for the mouser game?
It happens too often for my liking. He needs to get himself sorted out take 2-3 months off if necessary. We can't afford to have a player of his quality on his wages dilly dallying over his fitness.
Yes I did play competitively and I did have those niggles but didn't drop out one game to play the next.
Certainly no agenda here. In the sanchez or ozil debate i'd always back Ozil, because in my view he was the better all round player. Simply, losing patience with his sporadic absence. If Arsenal had an attendence disciplinary process for it players Ozil would be on a final written warning for sporadic absences. If he's dropped then that's a manager's decision and shows that Ozil isn't performing in training. If that is due to injury he should just say he's not fit and take the necessary time off to recuperate.
OK I see what you mean and would agree with most of that.

If it is a case that Dick has decided he's not the type of player for him (which is fair enough club before player every day) then we really are fucked for trying to unload that huge wage increase Wenger gave him. Even as someone that has always rated Ozil and still does I was horrified and incredulous at the contract Wenger gave him.

augie

Post by augie »

To be fair, if I was on 350k per week and only having to play once a month or so, I would have no desire to leave either :wink: :lol: :lol:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -his-agent

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:49 pm
To be fair, if I was on 350k per week and only having to play once a month or so, I would have no desire to leave either :wink: :lol: :lol:

That's exactly right. He's now just a wage drain and is not pulling his weight to help the team. The ridiculous contract was given during the wenger reign but we've moved to a new era now and the club should look at doing what's best for its purposes.
Mr Mistltoe can sort that one out.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Midz wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 am
augie wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:49 pm

That's exactly right. He's now just a wage drain and is not pulling his weight to help the team. The ridiculous contract was given during the wenger reign but we've moved to a new era now and the club should look at doing what's best for its purposes.
Mr Mistltoe can sort that one out.
Spot on lads,for a club supposedly watching it's finances he is terrible value for money.I think the negotiating team have learned from this and this is why Ramsey isn't getting the ridiculous amount he was after and why jack was punted for free.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

So potentially we have another 2.5 years of paying Ozil £18M a year and we have managed to let Ramsey go for nothing - rate him or not we should still be picking up around £40M for him and then we will be out about £20M IF we buy a replacement given our current spending. We are also paying Mkhi about £180k per week so about £10M a year for another 3 years. Don't wish to be too negative but I can't help but think that we still have a little way to go before we really start to get the money thing under control.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:36 am
So potentially we have another 2.5 years of paying Ozil £18M a year and we have managed to let Ramsey go for nothing - rate him or not we should still be picking up around £40M for him and then we will be out about £20M IF we buy a replacement given our current spending. We are also paying Mkhi about £180k per week so about £10M a year for another 3 years. Don't wish to be too negative but I can't help but think that we still have a little way to go before we really start to get the money thing under control.
Without a doubt the full thing has been a shit show jock.If OzILL runs his contract it's another 45mil in wages :shock: and mikki is 30mil :shock: fuck me.As you say rate him or not(I don't I think he's good 1 game in 10) we should be getting a fee for Ramsey,but his is a situation that has been handled poorly and can be stuck in the pile along with sanchez and numeous others.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The wages issue runs much deeper than even that. We have players like Mustafi and Xhaka on close to 100k per week, meaning we will never shift them even if we accept that neither is a 35m player (even in today’s market).

Kolasinac reportedly on about that too - mindlessly overpaid because we got him on a free. Ozil on 300-350k isn’t justified but as a point of principle I support paying an absolutely star player 300k a week more than I do paying dross 80-120k. Ozil was just the wrong choice for the wrong reasons and we as a club aren’t in a position to attract somebody we can justify paying that sort of money to any time soon even if we can afford it.

Torreira widely reported to be on 50k a week. Shows the difference as that’s a reasonable wage for a signing of his level and if he wants an increase he can justify it on the pitch. Under Wenger he would have been on more - he’s paid less than Elneny for fucks sake.

It will be a fucking slow process of offloading shit players on inflated wages, taking a hit on transfer fees in the process and leaving Emery with nothing to invest. Reducing the squad and the wage bill without funds to spend to replace is a huge hindrance in the short and medium term, and highlights that things would have continued to get worse under Wenger not better.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

www.dailymail.co.uk .. rtaking-police-car-125MPH.htm

Evidently the motor in question is registered in Ozil’s name. (I know someone who travels by his house regularly). If true he really isn’t doing himself any favours! :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

back injury....knee injury.....he hasn't even fucking played this season!! Lazy cu.nt on his Christmas holidays still. Fucking get rid!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Confirmed that he was fit today. Just dropped...something’s got to give here.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:09 pm
Yep. Hopefully he fucks off at the end of the season.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Interesting - where did you see that. I read somewhere that he had trained during the week but was still carrying that "knock" so Dick decided to leave him out. Although that could be a huge load of lies and bollox :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:27 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Interesting - where did you see that. I read somewhere that he had trained during the week but was still carrying that "knock" so Dick decided to leave him out. Although that could be a huge load of lies and bollox :lol:
Press Association say #AFC confirmed to them that Özil is fit and available for selection. No setback or a new injury. Just a tactical decision.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

From twatter-
Since signing his new contract Mesut Ozil has earned £921,000 per Premier League game he has played
Almost a million quid a fucking game :shock: