FA CUP 3RD ROUND THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: FA CUP 3RD ROUND THREAD

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

if I had the wings of a sparrow
if I had the arse of a crow
i'd fly over tottenham tomorrow
and i'd shit on the bastards below below
i'd shit on the bastards below

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:if I had the wings of a sparrow

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:if I had the wings of a sparrow

Nice pictures Henry - happy memories of all of them. Actually no, they were fucking shit memories. I remember every time thinking "oh bollocks, this cup is getting in the away of qualifying for Europe and my dream of playing Olympiacos"

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

not the Cup but this was special :

any win over the filth is special, and it pissed down that day. Got soaked in The Clock End but it was worth it to see their brief hopes of celebrating a 1-1 draw fade ( remember when they use to celebrate a 0-0 at Highbury ?) and then get finished off by class.

:barscarf:

burg hohenzollern

Post by burg hohenzollern »

Gentlemen, thank you. Brilliant photos/memories. My last one. Yes, Barry Bendtner came on, 06/07? made it 2-1 to the Arsenal, never forget it. Scored it at the clock end (as it is now)

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

The wanky tottenham hotspur went to Rome to see the pope
and this is what he said, "fuck off!"
who's that team we call The Arsenal?
who's that team we all adore?
we're the boys in red 'n' white
and we're fucking dynamite
and "insert one of their many managers names here"'s mother is a whore !!!

:barscarf: :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

burg hohenzollern wrote:Gentlemen, thank you. Brilliant photos/memories. My last one. Yes, Barry Bendtner came on, 06/07? made it 2-1 to the Arsenal, never forget it. Scored it at the clock end (as it is now)
Think it was 07/08 because it was the week after we turned over Chelsea just before Christmas. We were dire and to be fair to the Scum they deserved at least a point from the game but after they equalised Almunia did one of the only useful things in his career and saved Keane's pen. Bendtner scored from a corner - by that point Robinson's confidence in the air had diminished so completely that every week players were scoring from inside the 6 yard box from set pieces and he was rooted to the line.

The 2009/10 game was brilliant too. I mean it wasn't, it was a damp squib and then suddenly all over in 5 minutes. But THAT Fabregas goal was amazing, from the way Fabregas fucking ghosted past him you'd never guess Ledley King is naturally the best English centre-half since Bobbdy Moore :roll:

topcat

Post by topcat »

Very nervous about this. Heard Jack Wilshere talk after the cardiff game, he seemed to be more focused on the next premier league game!..he said something like "we've got a big break now, so we can review the season so far".. seemed a bit odd to me that he didnt mention this game!...i might be overthinking but i think spuds might want it a bit more than us, plus we've got ozil, ramsey and giroud out!...so yeah, i am worried. :?

augie

Post by augie »

I know that we didn't (directly) win a trophy for those victories, but those league cup games against the scum in 87 still hold a special place in my heart 8) It was a different era I know and we hadn't got the saturated tv coverage that exists nowadays, but the manner of the victory (written off at ht in 2nd leg) and the feeling, even then, that it signified a new era at the club made it a brilliant brilliant victory :barscarf:

SammyDroppedHisShorts
Location: In front of the best fans on earth. The Arse and all.

Post by SammyDroppedHisShorts »

augie wrote:I know that we didn't (directly) win a trophy for those victories, but those league cup games against the scum in 87 still hold a special place in my heart 8) It was a different era I know and we hadn't got the saturated tv coverage that exists nowadays, but the manner of the victory (written off at ht in 2nd leg) and the feeling, even then, that it signified a new era at the club made it a brilliant brilliant victory :barscarf:
Despite losing 0-1 in first leg.....that season we played them five times and did some damage.....it was truly a case of Arsenal being truly number one......and nigh on 26 years later the scum are STILL forever in our shadow

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gedion Zelalem may have just missed out on being in Arsenal's squad today. It seems Park could have taken the final spot as back-up striker
10:00am - 4 Jan 14

Matt law sunday mirror

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:Gedion Zelalem may have just missed out on being in Arsenal's squad today. It seems Park could have taken the final spot as back-up striker

Matt law sunday mirror

Steve O will be almost orgasmic at the prospect of seeing "super quality" park back in the line up :lol: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rumours of flappy being in goal today as well

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rumours of flappy being in goal today as well

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Gedion Zelalem may have just missed out on being in Arsenal's squad today. It seems Park could have taken the final spot as back-up striker

Matt law sunday mirror

Steve O will be almost orgasmic at the prospect of seeing "super quality" park back in the line up :lol: :lol:
If he starts with that useless *word censored* and plays Flapper in goal I will stick his fucking head on the BBQ

I'm already starting to fear a repeat of last season's debacle against Blackburn

THIS CUP MATTERS YOU FUCKING GOON......SOD THAT SHITEY THING WE HAVE NEVER WON AND WILL NEVER WIN WITH YOU AT THE HELM :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

This is the Scummers....in the cup we can win......now go out and fucking batter the sad swamp dwelling shitebags