Villa A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Villa vaginas A Sat 18th Feb KO 1230

Post by TeeCee »

I'm not really sure what I think for today. We could easily lose this. Arteta has to drop Tomi and Martinelli as a minimum. He should drop Xhaka but we all know that will never happen.
If Villa double up on Saka then we'll struggle like fuck again. The thought of Eddie against Tyrone Minge (if he's fit) really makes me laugh.
A tough day for Gooners I think
2-0 Villa.

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Must get Ben White back in, mistake to drop him v the dirty oil money cheats. Tomiyasoo not mentally up for the big moment games. Big mistake not to sign a top striker last window. Nketiah so average and our whole attack are so young.
Hard to see us winning. Unai will be highly motivated to get one over us, will have been analyzing this all season. A draw.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:38 am
I'm not really sure what I think for today. We could easily lose this. Arteta has to drop Tomi and Martinelli as a minimum. He should drop Xhaka but we all know that will never happen.
If Villa double up on Saka then we'll struggle like fuck again. The thought of Eddie against Tyrone Minge (if he's fit) really makes me laugh.
A tough day for Gooners I think
2-0 Villa.
I wonder how our centre halfs will get on :rubchin: if it's anything like the last few games they'll get (to quote DB) fingered like a couple of Sharon's ronud the back of the pub :cry: I'm with you,tough day and another loss :cry:

Wengerballs

Post by Wengerballs »

Dick Emery's English is so much improved, listen to his prematch. he's been taking lessons.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wengerballs wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:35 am
Must get Ben White back in, mistake to drop him v the dirty oil money cheats. Tomiyasoo not mentally up for the big moment games. Big mistake not to sign a top striker last window. Nketiah so average and our whole attack are so young.
Hard to see us winning. Unai will be highly motivated to get one over us, will have been analyzing this all season. A draw.
It was utter nonsense to drop White to start with - he seems like some sort of fall guy for our inability to keep clean sheets, yet from where I've been watching its that walking liability Gabriel that unnerves the whole defence all the time. As for Tomiasyu - after a bright start, I can't remember the bloke having a decent game for over a year. He offers fuck all going forward and looks ponderous in defence - why people were shouting for him over White is absolutely beyond me. Hasn't been the same player since that injury which kept him out longer than anyone thought at the time - not his fault, but he most definitely hasn't been anywhere near the player he was before.

Trossard is a must too - we all love Gabi to bits but he's off form, and Trossard has had a positive impact every time he's come on. He's 28 and a PL seasoned pro - he wasn't bought to be a benchwarmer, he's ready now. I have no idea how the Polish kid has looked in training or reserve games, but we need to bring up his levels to be a Gabriel replacement.

Lets hope for the best. Unai has been getting a tune out of them, but they aren't really up to much

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Of the million reasons to be pissed off at Wenger, one of the main ones was his insistence on setting up the team the same way and keeping the same team no matter what and Arteta seems to be exactly the same. How the fuck did Arteta watch us against Everton and Brentford and think(enforced change of Giorginho for Partey aside) to make only one change to the line up and what did he think Tomiysau was going to offer against City. Just like Wenger, I have no faith in Arteta to offer anything different tactically and won't even do the most obvious change of Trossard in for Martinelli. This is why it's a nailed on defeat.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:13 am
Wengerballs wrote:
It was utter nonsense to drop White to start with - he seems like some sort of fall guy for our inability to keep clean sheets, yet from where I've been watching its that walking liability Gabriel that unnerves the whole defence all the time. As for Tomiasyu - after a bright start, I can't remember the bloke having a decent game for over a year. He offers fuck all going forward and looks ponderous in defence - why people were shouting for him over White is absolutely beyond me. Hasn't been the same player since that injury which kept him out longer than anyone thought at the time - not his fault, but he most definitely hasn't been anywhere near the player he was before.

Trossard is a must too - we all love Gabi to bits but he's off form, and Trossard has had a positive impact every time he's come on. He's 28 and a PL seasoned pro - he wasn't bought to be a benchwarmer, he's ready now. I have no idea how the Polish kid has looked in training or reserve games, but we need to bring up his levels to be a Gabriel replacement.

Lets hope for the best. Unai has been getting a tune out of them, but they aren't really up to much
Agreed, Ben white has been one of our most consistent performers this season, its why we've been so strong down the right hand side yet it seems most posters here wanted him dropped, everyone's an expert I guess.

Yes I think we all agree Gabriel needs replacing with an upgrade.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Wengerballs wrote:
"Analyzing us all season" :lol:
Yeah I'd forgotten what a master tactician he was.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Hard one ti call but we need to get back to winning ways. Both teams have gifted the opposition goals in recent games so hopefully it’s villa on this occasion if needs be! Some shots in target from open play would be nice!

Might be a close one, thankfully their keeper is shit so that could be the difference :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wibble wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:57 am
Hard one ti call but we need to get back to winning ways. Both teams have gifted the opposition goals in recent games so hopefully it’s villa on this occasion if needs be! Some shots in target from open play would be nice!

Might be a close one, thankfully their keeper is shit so that could be the difference :wink:

:lol: :fishing:

I'm not biting Wib. :wink:

The battle of the keepers. It will be interesting, that's for sure.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:55 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:17 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:26 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:00 pm
As 1 long banned poster on here once said, this is the biggest game of the week for us :lol:
Ah the old days..Udinese away after the 8-2 turdholing at Auld Traffart :oops:

:lol: That was Red Member wasn't it? To be honest, I always quite liked him, added a bit of interest and optimism, had to laugh at the things he said too. Could never quite make out if he actually believed what he said, or was just a consummate wind up merchant. :lol:

I liked Babatunde too. Didn't the come back with a different name?

Mind you, I thought US Martin was hard done by to get the bullet. I hadn't joined the forum back then, but used to read it. To be honest, it was a big forum back then, loads of posters and full of good characters.
Retro were u back that far in the day ,US Martin an absolute legend with the written word, babatunde the man with a cousin in France ,who was an authority on everything French, Red member a breath of fresh air on here,till DB ejected him

I think I discovered the forum in either 2008 or 09 and used to read it, but didn't join. Always felt like posting, but knew that joining was the thin end of the wedge and that I'd squander time that I didn't have...and still don't have! By 2011, I was so pissed of with Wenger that I joined so that I could vent my spleen. Mind you, even after joining, I still resisted the urge and didn't post for a long time.

So yes, I remember US Martin, who I had a lot of sympathy for, because he was onto the failings of the board at an early stage. His long repetitive posts were quite something though! :lol: Babatunde and Red Member came along quite a bit later.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

📋 Arsenal XI vs. Aston Villa: Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Jorginho, Xhaka, Saka, Odegaard, Trossard, Nketiah.

Turner, Tierney, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Kiwior, Holding, Tomiyasu, Vieira, Nelson.

#AVLARS

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:55 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:17 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:26 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:00 pm
As 1 long banned poster on here once said, this is the biggest game of the week for us :lol:
Ah the old days..Udinese away after the 8-2 turdholing at Auld Traffart :oops:

:lol: That was Red Member wasn't it? To be honest, I always quite liked him, added a bit of interest and optimism, had to laugh at the things he said too. Could never quite make out if he actually believed what he said, or was just a consummate wind up merchant. :lol:

I liked Babatunde too. Didn't the come back with a different name?

Mind you, I thought US Martin was hard done by to get the bullet. I hadn't joined the forum back then, but used to read it. To be honest, it was a big forum back then, loads of posters and full of good characters.
Retro were u back that far in the day ,US Martin an absolute legend with the written word, babatunde the man with a cousin in France ,who was an authority on everything French, Red member a breath of fresh air on here,till DB ejected him
I hear you McD......I hear you old pal. A little bit of the forum died that day when scary Irish man DB10 ejected our friend permanently. Just because he wanted Denilson as captain, that Djourou was an excellent CB, longed for Almunia's return and wanted to see Theo's pay upped from a paltry 100k per week :D In fact weren't they Red's 'big three' - Song, Walcott and Denilson :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Poor old Red - I wonder how he fills his days now? Baba was a legend too

The only one that showed promise in replacing either of them was Wenger's Hat, and DB10 saw him off too :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Happy times at Villa Park :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Will we ever see his like again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22yNOd1ihfY

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:31 am
📋 Arsenal XI vs. Aston Villa: Ramsdale, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Jorginho, Xhaka, Saka, Odegaard, Trossard, Nketiah.

Turner, Tierney, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Kiwior, Holding, Tomiyasu, Vieira, Nelson.

#AVLARS
Zinchenko again at left,so he won't be at left..if they've got a decent right winger we could be in bother..And the Swiss bulge in the middle well no words.Comfortable win for them I think :cry: