Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xgtdec

Re: Palass A Mon 21st Aug KO 8pm

Post by xgtdec »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:10 pm
i guess it remains to be seen but the inclusion of partey at left back, havertz in the middle...and eddie up front.....doesnt inspire confidence, One the the traits of the wenger era was the entire planet bar a few spackers could see the issues.....this could be turning out the same way.

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:06 pm
No Gabriel again? We must be in negotiations to sell him surely?
Is Partey at right back again FFS? I despair I really do, along with Kai Mogodon up front not wanting to go over his 2000 steps on his Fitbit today :banghead: :banghead:

One of the rags today was linking real madrid with a move for him - honestly if he isnt good enough then we should have gone after laporte for 25m cos ben white isnt the answer imo. Have to say that the dropping of gabriel is a real head scratcher for me cos I didnt see it coming

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

xgtdec wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:14 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:10 pm
i guess it remains to be seen but the inclusion of partey at left back, white at CB, havertz in the middle...and eddie up front.....doesnt inspire confidence, One the the traits of the wenger era was the entire planet bar a few spackers could see the issues.....this could be turning out the same way.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Fucking shite decision to bench Gabriel. Reports saying there's been discussions with a Saudi team but it would be criminal to let him leave.

We've gone from a stacked defence at the start of the season, to a Timber injury and a midfielder playing RB.

Starting to think Arteta has started the inevitable journey up his own arse like Guardiola sometimes has a habit of doing, but without the trophies to back it up!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Fucking strange line-up. Back to the days of midfielders playing in the back four, I see.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The Gabriel thing is definitely due to the Saudi issue I’m 100% convinced of that.

Party at right back is fucking infuriating all the same though, just no excuse for that :banghead:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Al-Ittihad president Anmar Al-Haili met with Arsenal defender Gabriel Magalhães in London today to continue negotiations, which are said to be positive, to sign the player. [@ahmad2man] #afc

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:29 pm
🚨 Al-Ittihad president Anmar Al-Haili met with Arsenal defender Gabriel Magalhães in London today to continue negotiations, which are said to be positive, to sign the player. [@ahmad2man] #afc
So if hes on the way out call him injured and leave him out of the squad......

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

xgtdec wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:32 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
I couldn't imagine on the day of a match that we would allow him to have any talks/negotiations :?

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
The Gabriel thing is definitely due to the Saudi issue I’m 100% convinced of that.

Party at right back is fucking infuriating all the same though, just no excuse for that :banghead:
Coming into this season, I never thought I'd see Gabriel being sold before Rob Holding :shock: :oops:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Give us 80m and it's a deal.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

so we are an injury away from a back 4 of tommy, white, holding, Partey..................just think about that for a while

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:34 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Coming into this season, I never thought I'd see Gabriel being sold before Rob Holding :shock: :oops:
They’ll offer him 30 million a year and he’ll be out the gap like all the rest of them. No player is turning down that cash. This of course is now compounded by the Timber injury.

The tanks are on our front lawns firing 50 pound notes at us again.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Didn’t think I would ever see Monday Night Live Defensive Suicide. :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

xgtdec wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:32 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

And at least try and get laporte before he fcuks off to saudi :evil: :evil: :evil: