It's back, other games this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: It's back, other games this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

Dzeko being cleaned out by the keeper after being wrongly flagged for offside was the first stonewall penalty.

Alexander Arnold going full on 2001 Handball Henchoz by becoming a second goalkeeper was the second one.

City were taken to the cleaners by the officials against the victims too.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:02 pm
the fact that they are on to win it 3 in a row which would be unprecedented...
Unprecedented except for Ajax...

and Bayern....

and Real Madrid...

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

I might actually take this. Even if it means a mickie CL title.
From the BBC.
There is a scenario where fourth place in the Premier League - Tottenham currently - don't qualify for the Champions League next season.

If Liverpool win the Champions League and drop out of the top four (which is still possible - if Chelsea beat them this weekend, the gap is down to three points and the Blues have a game in hand) and Arsenal win the Europa League, then England have reached the maximum of five teams you can have in the competition.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

wilko49er wrote: I might actually take this. Even if it means a mickie CL title.
From the BBC.
There is a scenario where fourth place in the Premier League - Tottenham currently - don't qualify for the Champions League next season.

If Liverpool win the Champions League and drop out of the top four (which is still possible - if Chelsea beat them this weekend, the gap is down to three points and the Blues have a game in hand) and Arsenal win the Europa League, then England have reached the maximum of five teams you can have in the competition.
Then, and only then, would it be acceptable. Anyway I was interested until I read the last scenario necessary for this to occur. Not going to happen.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:38 pm
7-6 fucking farce :coffeespit:

Klopp the tactical genius me hairy fucking hole.
No no no Rodders that's blasphemy! :lol: He's a tactical genius - not a spoofer whose sole tactic is hope to Christ you outscore the oppo because you've no idea how to set up a defence.... :roll:

Reminds me of someone actually.... :rubchin:

Scraping through 7-6 against the worst team that was left in the last 8 never mind the last 4 is "tactical genius" of a Wengeresque level. :wink:

I hope (and believe) Madrid will beat them comfortably enough.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 6:24 am
rodders999 wrote:

No no no Rodders that's blasphemy! :lol: He's a tactical genius - not a spoofer whose sole tactic is hope to Christ you outscore the oppo because you've no idea how to set up a defence.... :roll:

Reminds me of someone actually.... :rubchin:

Scraping through 7-6 against the worst team that was left in the last 8 never mind the last 4 is "tactical genius" of a Wengeresque level. :wink:

I hope (and believe) Madrid will beat them comfortably enough.
I take it everyone knows the final is on 26th May too :shock: :shock:

It’s bad enough that the Mancs won the CL on our special date .

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It's the poor young family from Madrid that are going to get mugged for their tickets out in Ukraine that I feel sorry for 8)

augie

Post by augie »

wilko49er wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 pm
From the BBC.

Dont want that on any level - fcuk those thieving, murdering scum and their entitled attitude :evil: :censored: :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:

The commentator on BT used this farcical scoreline to claim that ''the CL is just getting better and better'' :roll:

Why do people just think more goals means better? Its the same people that think Portsmouth 7 v 4 Reading was a PL classic. Too many goals look ridiculous. Especially when most of them are down to amateur defending.

The woeful standard of defending is an embarrassment. Teams cannot even comfortably defend 3 goals leads anymore.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:53 am
rodders999 wrote:

The commentator on BT used this farcical scoreline to claim that ''the CL is just getting better and better'' :roll:

Why do people just think more goals means better? Its the same people that think Portsmouth 7 v 4 Reading was a PL classic. Too many goals look ridiculous. Especially when most of them are down to amateur defending.

The woeful standard of defending is an embarrassment. Teams cannot even comfortably defend 3 goals leads anymore.
It's a dying art. Every fucker wants to be entertaining and be a ball playing "foobler". The first PL manager that twigs this and builds a back 5 like the Arsenal had circa 89 - 02 and adds one top DM, a top number 10, and a couple top strikers will absolutely dominate the PL for years to come, rather than just win it once or twice.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:51 am
It's the poor young family from Madrid that are going to get mugged for their tickets out in Ukraine that I feel sorry for 8)
Not just the young Madrid family either.... these fucking mouser scumbags have no problem beating and mugging their own. :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:53 am
rodders999 wrote:

It's funny though cos there are many football fans that I know (and these guys would be knowledgeable guys) who heavily criticise the ac milan v juve 0-0 champs league final game in old trafford, and I really enjoyed it. I love attacking football as much as the next guy, but I am also a disciple of the GG form of defending, and I loved the tactical/chess battle of both teams that night - people forget that there was strikers of the class of shevchenko, pippo inzagi etc playing that night, and the often overlooked art of defending was outstanding that night 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Our defensive masterclass against Parma in 94 was outstanding and a thing of terrible beauty. 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:54 am
wilko49er wrote:
From the BBC.

Dont want that on any level - fcuk those thieving, murdering scum and their entitled attitude :evil: :censored: :censored:
I concur wholeheartedly augie 8) Fuck that dirty shower of fuckholes getting a sixth star on their badge..i remember some anuses were happy in 2012 when dogbreath and co won it and the scum missed out :roll: this gooner wasn't happy! fuck it if they get in the champs lge...they're about as much use as us in it :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 3:25 pm
augie wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:54 am
wilko49er wrote:
From the BBC.

I concur wholeheartedly augie 8) Fuck that dirty shower of fuckholes getting a sixth star on their badge..i remember some anuses were happy in 2012 when dogbreath and co won it and the scum missed out :roll: this gooner wasn't happy! fuck it if they get in the champs lge...they're about as much use as us in it :lol:
Worse than that mate, some fuckwit Gooners wanted the chav to win because "they are an English club"... :oops: :roll: Fuck that. Club before country every fucking day.