Let's All Laugh At Man Utd! (Merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Let's All Laugh At Man Utd!

Post by northbank123 »

Notwithstanding the Fergie factor there is no excusing a drop of these proportions from previous seasons. Yes they have serious shortcomings but under huge scrutiny with a negative perspective so do all sides.

Liverpool have one world class striker, a good PL striker and a fairly talented but very inconsistent playmaker, other than that they're garbage. Spurs have one striker that has one great spell every season before losing interest again and other than that are jam-packed with average footballers. A squad containing Rooney and van Persie (and now Mata) alongside other useful players like Carrick and Valencia who have proved they are capable of being substantial contributors to title-winning sides should not be cut adrift of the former two.

augie

Post by augie »

MM99 wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:There were also many posters on here in the summer clammering for Moyes to replace AW. Are they still keen?
I remember a few seasons ago when some posters were asking for Wenger to be sacked and replaced by Owen Coyle :lol:

Don't think I am guilty on that count but wont swear to it either :rubchin:

On a more general wider scale, is it fair or right to dismiss managers like own coyle based on how their career went after they left a club ? Di matteo was absolute garbage at the baggies but then went on to win the champs league with the chavs so being shit at a smaller club doesn't necessarily make the manager shit. Maybe if the likes of coyle, paul jewell, mick mc carthy etc had been placed into a club with players like le cock has had to work with, then their careers could have taken a different/better course :rubchin: I'm not for one second suggesting that every manager would be a success if they were at a big club, but our team/players have badly lacked a manager to tactically set them up and motivate them (on occasions) over the last few years and I don't think there are many managers in this world that are worse than wenker in that regard :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Augie you and Fat Sam would get on like a house on fire :lol:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

They will be lucky to reach the Channel 5 cup at this rate!
Last edited by scotgooner on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

wibble wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
wibble wrote:Man United season-ticket holders who don't buy a ticket for the return leg against Olympiakos will have their season ticket suspended for the Manchester derby six days later!

:shock: :lol:
that cant be true surely can it ? - a season ticket is a contract.

its not up front that us the problem - its the midfield, they can't win and keep possesion, dominate a game and set up the forwards, and protect the back four.

ironically, they need their own Ramsay, Flamini and Rosicky.
Article about it in yesterdays metro. Apparently as in small print, its not illegal!

http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/26/mancheste ... b-4324593/
bloody hell thats disgraceful - i hope they boycott the Derby in HUGE numbers. i would not be blackmailed like that - especially when its possoble you're going to get dicked at home by city anyway....

that little mexican fella had a dig back at RVP lol :
Under a picture of Hernandez celebrating a goal with Patrice Evra, the Mexican wrote: ‘Without your teammates you can’t be somebody in football, always be thankful…’

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

scotgooner wrote:There isn't a lets all laugh at Tottenham thread so I will put it on this.

Hahahahaha

Getting knocked out of the last 16 of the Chanel 5 cup...

No matter our state they will always outshine us :barscarf:
try the avb/scum thread.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Tbh I deleted my post after they scored 3 goals in 10 minutes and now look to be going through :shock:

Ah well they are still shit and always will be!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

scotgooner wrote:Tbh I deleted my post after they scored 3 goals in 10 minutes and now look to be going through :shock:

Well another away tie in deepest darkest Europe will only stretch their shite squad further and put more pressure on when it comes to crunch league matches.

Plus they will at some point come across a decent team soon as there are quite a few left in.

Anyway fuck em.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

StuartL wrote:
scotgooner wrote:Tbh I deleted my post after they scored 3 goals in 10 minutes and now look to be going through :shock:

Well another away tie in deepest darkest Europe will only stretch their shite squad further and put more pressure on when it comes to crunch league matches.

Plus they will at some point come across a decent team soon as there are quite a few left in.

Anyway fuck em.
Exactly Stuart, these extra European games are only going to hinder their chance at the last top 4 place which they were looking so likely to get ...

Oh wait ... :D

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

BBC's top sport story this afternoon was "Kroos refuses to rule out Man United move". Seemed far-fetched to me so I actually read the article and fair to say the carpet didn't match the drapes as the saying goes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically they quizzed him on a potential PL move and he said it would be a possibility but all the stuff that's been written is bollocks. Even for the BBC's sensationalist reporting this was a step too far and they had to change the title to "Kroos refuses to rule out PL move" and relegate it to 6th or 7th story.

Maybe Moyes can piss away the summer bigging up reports about Kroos potentially signing like he did with Fabregas this summer, if we're lucky they may even spunk away £35m on Leon Osman :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Kroos would be insane to leave the best team in Europe for a Europa League side managed by Gollum.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

1989 wrote:Kroos would be insane to leave the best team in Europe for a Europa League side managed by Gollum.
Yeah ain't ever gonna happen. Think him or Bayern will cave but if they can't cross this impasse he will have his choice of just about any club to go to.

They could still shop above their current status if they had Ferguson at the helm but who in their right mind would take a huge gamble to go and play for Moyes?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

northbank123 wrote:
1989 wrote:Kroos would be insane to leave the best team in Europe for a Europa League side managed by Gollum.
Yeah ain't ever gonna happen. Think him or Bayern will cave but if they can't cross this impasse he will have his choice of just about any club to go to.

They could still shop above their current status if they had Ferguson at the helm but who in their right mind would take a huge gamble to go and play for Moyes?
Then again there's nothing like a desperate English club willing to overpay wages in multiples of hundred thousands.....wouldn't rule it out. They will chuck something like 180-200k per week at him in the hope it sticks

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
northbank123 wrote:

Then again there's nothing like a desperate English club willing to overpay wages in multiples of hundred thousands.....wouldn't rule it out. They will chuck something like 180-200k per week at him in the hope it sticks
Agree they will, especially if they offload van Judas. But surely if he's available Citeh will be sniffing around and able to offer more money, better team-mates, CL football etc? Also possible Madrid might be sniffing around and although PL is more competitive who is to say he won't be tempted by mega bucks in France?

United have the stature and resources to ensure that they won't spend too long in the wilderness but hopefully Moyes will continue to woefully misdirect their transfer budget.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Also depends on personality. I built my career on taking the jobs no one else wanted. Much rather be the saviour of Manure than one of a mega squad at Bayern.