The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Did anyone else get an e-mail from sexy Natalie yesterday ? Rodders will be well jealous :lol: :lol:
:lol:

If he did, we won't see him on here for at least a week... :-P

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

McDowell

I would take Diarra back, with his versatility and experience he should fit right in.

The article is incorrect though, he left not because he failed to impress, he was good for us.
He left because he was stirring it up in training about not starting enough games, to the point that other players got into arguments with him and started to dislike him.

Perhaps he is now older and wiser.

A one year deal could be the answer, with options on a further year.

I will say that what little I have seen of Hayden, I really liked his positional sense and temperament. As a defensive midfielder, who can also play at centre back and right back he is one to keep an eye on, but at his age and with his lack of experience there is time for him to develop.

If Flamini is injured I would put Coquelin in midfield for now, at least he covers ground and can tackle, though can give the ball away too easily.

augie

Post by augie »

QuartzGooner wrote:McDowell

I would take Diarra back, with his versatility and experience he should fit right in.

The article is incorrect though, he left not because he failed to impress, he was good for us.
He left because he was stirring it up in training about not starting enough games, to the point that other players got into arguments with him and started to dislike him.

Perhaps he is now older and wiser.

A one year deal could be the answer, with options on a further year.

I will say that what little I have seen of Hayden, I really liked his positional sense and temperament. As a defensive midfielder, who can also play at centre back and right back he is one to keep an eye on, but at his age and with his lack of experience there is time for him to develop.

If Flamini is injured I would put Coquelin in midfield for now, at least he covers ground and can tackle, though can give the ball away too easily.

Just what we need.....another arrogant french cock :roll: :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

apparently we are now being linked with Joseph Yobo and some defender who has just been released from West Brom.
we can get these players on a free now that the window has closed.

you really couldnt make it up :rubchin:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Joseph fucking Yobo :coffeespit:

Arsene knows!

augie

Post by augie »

The joseph yobo from a few years ago was a bloody good defender......the current joseph yobo is probably a different story altogether :roll:

I think if le cock signs yobo/yepes or some such defender as this stage, will look worse for him than not signing a defender at all - if he signs no defender he can claim (wrongly of course) that he felt confident with the options he has, but if he signs a defender on the back of 1 injury it will announce to all the world that he is short on defenders but still didn't sign one when he had the chance :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

FFS This Virtual team we supposedly almost but never had gets bigger by the day! :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://talksport.com/football/wenger-i- ... 0918114390

:yawn:

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

what a total humiliation for a club of our (once proud) stature to go now searching through the rubbish tip of world football in the search for players now regarded as not good enough for supposed lesser clubs.

whatever happened to simply identifying the players you seek during the transfer window and buying them??? Wenger yet again invites a backlash from fans as he once more teases us with who he almost signed, while scooping up shit from the dole office.

Get the *word censored* away from our club before we are competing with the Indian league for the signatures of any *word censored* that can kick a ball.

spike241

Post by spike241 »

green gooner wrote: whatever happened to simply identifying the players you seek during the transfer window and buying them??? Wenger yet again invites a backlash from fans as he once more teases us with who he almost signed, while scooping up shit from the sorting office.
Fixed ;)

Post by 1989 »

green gooner wrote:what a total humiliation for a club of our (once proud) stature to go now searching through the rubbish tip of world football in the search for players now regarded as not good enough for supposed lesser clubs.

whatever happened to simply identifying the players you seek during the transfer window and buying them??? Wenger yet again invites a backlash from fans as he once more teases us with who he almost signed, while scooping up shit from the dole office.

Get the *word censored* away from our club before we are competing with the Indian league for the signatures of any *word censored* that can kick a ball.
I'm quite tall and can head a ball - sign me up Wenger! I would cost fuck all and won't possibly be as bad as Silvestre, I promise.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

One of the richest clubs in the world looking into free transfers barely a month into the new season of the world's richest league

But why should we be surprised - the money at the club belongs to one man and is looked after by this personal guardian angel.

The Monreal problem - "its a short term injury, but difficult to say how long". Debuchy "it might be six weeks to three months".

Yet again we'll be hearing how 'special circumstances' have wrecked Arsene's make believe title dream. The same 'special circumstances' that come round every year

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The bottom line on this Summer's transfer thread is that - we bought Debuchy, Alexis, Ospina and then Chambers - and finally Welbeck, but before buying Welbeck everyone was hoping with the departure of Vermalaen that wenker would bring in another bona fide CB AND the essential DMF - and even though wenker knew 100% that Vermalaen was going to leave he sat on his wallet and did sweet FA.

He is a *word censored* of the highest order and lowest kind and Cannot Be Trusted to Tell The Truth Nor Manage Our Club in a way that gives us even a chance to win the prem title.

I always like to give anyone/everyone a second chance - everyone make mistakes & wrong decisions everyday of their life, but this *word censored* has been making the same mistake/s year in year out that impact on hundreds of thousands of people...any other business or club would have sacked him and kicked him out the door a long time ago...But he has inveigled his way onto the heart of the club in such a way that to get him out is going to take a monumental effort on the owners/boards behalf. They are so enamoured of his ability to turn a profit before all else , why should they get rid of him?

Arsenal's new motto should be 'Profit Before Trophies, Money Before Fans'

For all his so -called loyalty - he is dishonest and lacks moral worthiness. - An Arrogant *word censored* - who rather than bow out gracefully and with the blessing of those he has mis-lead and wronged he clings to his position in the most deceptive and cringeworthy ways.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

OneBardGooner wrote:The bottom line on this Summer's transfer thread is that - we bought Debuchy, Alexis, Ospina and then Chambers - and finally Welbeck, but before buying Welbeck everyone was hoping with the departure of Vermalaen that wenker would bring in another bona fide CB AND the essential DMF - and even though wenker knew 100% that Vermalaen was going to leave he sat on his wallet and did sweet FA.

He is a *word censored* of the highest order and lowest kind and Cannot Be Trusted to Tell The Truth Nor Manage Our Club in a way that gives us even a chance to win the prem title.

I always like to give anyone/everyone a second chance - everyone make mistakes & wrong decisions everyday of their life, but this *word censored* has been making the same mistake/s year in year out that impact on hundreds of thousands of people...any other business or club would have sacked him and kicked him out the door a long time ago...But he has inveigled his way onto the heart of the club in such a way that to get him out is going to take a monumental effort on the owners/boards behalf. They are so enamoured of his ability to turn a profit before all else , why should they get rid of him?

Arsenal's new motto should be 'Profit Before Trophies, Money Before Fans'

For all his so -called loyalty - he is dishonest and lacks moral worthiness. - An Arrogant *word censored* - who rather than bow out gracefully and with the blessing of those he has mis-lead and wronged he clings to his position in the most deceptive and cringeworthy ways.
And that is where I have been with him since 2008. He let the Invincibles break up too soon, but as you say everyone deserves a second chance and his record had been amazing up till then. Even in 2006 when he unforgiveably (together with the board at the time) let Cole go on the cheap to those Chav *word censored*, I was still prepared to give him a chance. We scraped 4th that year but made the CL final.

But in 2008/09 when he let a developing team break up again, my view changed and ever since then nothing has changed - from Cole to Van Persie, from Cesc to Nasri - he'll always be a nearly man, and he's sat back spending more time moaning about City and Chelsea's 'financial doping' and waiting for UEFA's half baked FFP rules to save the day....rather than addressing the fundamental issues in the team. Once we had great forward players and he persisted with Almunia in goal and let 3 CDMs leave together. Last year he shored up the defence, only to see Giroud have to play 50 odd games because the Postie and Barry Bender were his only other options.

This year he let Sagna, Vermaelen and Miquel leave and brought in Debuchy and Chambers. After the Vermaelen sale he promised he would 'certainly' buy a CB.....a few weeks later Miquel was gone. I'm not saying Ignasi Miquel was the answer but he let another body go rather than bring one in. We've already had injuries to Gibbs (like that's a surprise) and now Monreal (plus illness for Chambers). If Koscielny gets a suspension or injury we are totally fucked. Its September and we've got Hector Bellerin playing in Dortmund

The guy leaves us exposed in at least one position, often two, after each transfer window closes and it has been that way for a good 8 years now. It doesn't matter whether we've got a £50m deal from Puma, or a £500m deal - the bloke will stick to his policy of adding no more than one or two players net, with at least 2 of the additions being under 21s that will take time to blend into the squad. At the other end of the range at least one player aged 25-30 will be coming into his final contract year and wanting to go somewhere to win the PL or CL.......and so the cycle will continue. For every Ozil and Alexis, there's an important player on the way out somewhere too.