The Scum Thread/Stadium Redevelopment

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: The Scum Thread/Stadium Redevelopment

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Herd wrote:The area round anfailed has always been pretty bad as is walton next door although gentrification in parts of Liverpool have worked well I think !
A better class of alloy wheels for the locals I suppose :? :shock: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Doubt it was the nicest place to start with but haven't Liverpool absolutely ruined the local Anfield area by buying up any houses they can and leaving them vacant which perpetuates even more crime?

Herd

Post by Herd »

StuartL wrote:
Herd wrote:According to my sauces,Levy has bought up way more land than he needs and is intent on gentrifying the area and have young professionals move in and colonise the place .
Good luck with that one mate !
Are they hoping for a better class of rioter next time :rubchin:
what I loved in the high road riots was the large amount of hasidic jews involved at the beginning !
Looting Tottenham High road must have been the most futile exercises I have seen since everyone knew there was nothibng of value in the entire 3 mile strip !

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Herd wrote:The area round anfailed has always been pretty bad as is walton next door although gentrification in parts of Liverpool have worked well I think !
I currently live in Walton and its less bad as it used to be. They've managed to jail, separate and relocate a lot of those undesirable to general society. The gentrification of certain areas has enabled the authorities to move people and as a social experiment they can say its worked, but they've just moved the problem away from the inner city. Gone are the high rises, replaced by pretty semi detached housing. Certain parts look quite nice compared to the shitholes they used to be. They same type of housing will be built next to the stadium. Yet, I still wouldn't go out to my local. Keep my head down, mouth shut. They really don't like southerners round here.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Herd wrote:According to my sauces,Levy has bought up way more land than he needs and is intent on gentrifying the area and have young professionals move in and colonise the place .
what I loved in the high road riots was the large amount of hasidic jews involved at the beginning !
Looting Tottenham High road must have been the most futile exercises I have seen since everyone knew there was nothibng of value in the entire 3 mile strip !
Tottenham must be pretty the only football ground/area, where its actually safer to walk around on a match day than non match day!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Tottenham must be pretty the only football ground/area, where its actually safer to walk around on a match day than non match day!
Yeah area is a total shit hole....but going there recently supporting the Arsenal you take your life in your hands, they really are taking liberties....even women and kids get abuse, thats totally out of order ....as for all this firms looking for likewise stuff is absolute shit, anyone is fair game, and have to say the old bill don't seem to get too involved.

Times change of course there was a time when the Arsenal fans went over there and more than stood there ground

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

61,000 Capacity!!!!!!! ?????????????

FECCCKKKKKKK The BIGGEST TOILET IN THE WORLD. :lol:

foyscummmmmmmmm

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
Herd wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Yeah area is a total shit hole....but going there recently supporting the Arsenal you take your life in your hands, they really are taking liberties....even women and kids get abuse, thats totally out of order ....as for all this firms looking for likewise stuff is absolute shit, anyone is fair game, and have to say the old bill don't seem to get too involved.

Times change of course there was a time when the Arsenal fans went over there and more than stood there ground
Standard tottenham tbh, Get lairy when its 10/1 and pick on shirts who never cause trouble. Never see them going for the casuals though. Funny that.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Yeah agreed.....but just adding as seems to be worst i can remember at the present, was a time when kids went together one spurs and one Arsenal thats long gone now....

trouble is when someone reacts to the untold provocation they are instantly nicked by the old bill.....

in that way bring on the new stadium with a bigger allocation for the away fans

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Nice to see Winston Churchill,
Howard from the Halifax Ads and Bill Cosby watching Totts yesterday

:D :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

"Never, in the field of human conflict, have so many signings, been cheered by so few"

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Rosie_titters wrote:Image

Sp*rs steward to Churchill: "Sir, you are drunk. I'm afraid you must leave now!"

Churchill: "Yes, and Sp*rs are shit. But I shall be sober in the morning, and Sp*rs will still be shit". :oops: :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

QuartzGooner wrote:"Never, in the field of human conflict, have so many signings, been cheered by so few"

:lol: :lol:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

g88ner wrote: Sp*rs steward to Churchill: "Sir, you are drunk. I'm afraid you must leave now!"

Churchill: "Yes, and Sp*rs are shit. But I shall be sober in the morning, and Sp*rs will still be shit". :oops: :lol:
Brilliant!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

g88ner wrote:
Rosie_titters wrote:Image

Sp*rs steward to Churchill: "Sir, you are drunk. I'm afraid you must leave now!"

Very good, exceptional bastardastion of a famous Churchill quote. ( Very comprehensive too, should even amuse 3rd parties on here )