When Sanchez goes

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: When Sanchez goes

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:14 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 pm
Wow!! City pull out of transfer for Sanchez...why go to Manure? No likely to win titles as we are.
Will he decide to stay if he can't go to city?
If you took Wenger out the equation I’d absolutely agree with that. Particularly as i still think Mourinho is on for a meltdown in the next 12-18 months - he won’t last next season if City piss all over them again (which looks likely).

Thing with Sanchez is hes obviously fallen out with teammates and strikes me as the sort of bloke who doesn’t have the patience to wait half a season to fuck off, especially given City haven’t been as desperate to sign him as he’d have hoped.
With city pulling out bizarrely this takes the incentive away from Sanchez to move. I don't think he'll fancy a move to United in which case, he'll be made to move overseas or sign the contract he agreed with Arsenal last year.
Or just see out the last three and a half months (our season is as good as over in April) and just walk out and get a huge signing on fee and super wages.
Doubtless he will have a little niggle to keep him out for a month or three.

augie

Post by augie »

Personally I am still expecting sanchez to sign for citeeh this month for somewhere around the £22.5m mark - as I said before, sanchez holds all the power here

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 pm
Personally I am still expecting sanchez to sign for citeeh this month for somewhere around the £22.5m mark - as I said before, sanchez holds all the power here
Could it be City's plan to back off, get Sanchez for free in the summer and completely destroy Man Utd' s reputation for years to come? Take a step back and see if he turns down Man Utd to wait for their rivals and show the world that Man Utd are are nothing in comparison.

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:10 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 pm
Could it be City's plan to back off, get Sanchez for free in the summer and completely destroy Man Utd' s reputation for years to come? Take a step back and see if he turns down Man Utd to wait for their rivals and show the world that Man Utd are are nothing in comparison.

I think sanchez will go to wenker or gazidas and tell them that he has no interest in signing for manure, and if they dont want to accept £20m from citeeh, then he will sit tight and see out the next few months before walking away on a free - our club then has a major decision to make.........sacrifice £10m to sell him now, or keep him for rest of season and sacrifice the full £30m just to make a point to sanchez. As I say, sanchez has the power here and IF he knows for sure that pep still wants him, then he doesnt need to go to manure at all

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

All the Sanchez bashers are going to be left stunned. Watching pundits like Keown offer politically correct comments such as "Wenger is more important to Arsenal than Sanchez" always made my head spin. Now we will find out just how dependent this team in on Sanchez in getting results. Sanchez is the best player to have played for this club since Henry - better than Cesc and RVP, yet the Wenger lovers are so determined to typecast him as a 'problem player', all because he would berate his team mates for not putting in the same amount of effort Sanchez himself would. Sanchez would hurry a defender into the final third, yet that defender would find an outlet to one of his wingbacks as Feo or Iwobi didnt press, then Sanchez would berate them for not closing down the wingback - and apparently thats not allowed, instead Sanchez was suppose to do nothing and accept his team mates not showing the same level of commitment despite not offering the same level of contribution.

The fact that Sanchez imminent departure is being viewed positively is indicative of this mentality of this club. We are losing a world class player who wants to win every game and works as hard as anyone, yet we are keeping the bozo's who dont score, dont run, dont tackle and dont give a F, but they tow the line and dont rock the boat - the most important trait to have in Wenger's Arsenal.

Its alright lads, Theo is still here. He is loyal, and by loyal, I mean has never attracted any interest in 10 years. Although I think Southmpton want to loan him, and he may want to go to improve his WC chances, but we will need to subsidize his wages because he is on more money than Arjen Robben.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Wilson wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 am
All the Sanchez bashers are going to be left stunned. Watching pundits like Keown offer politically correct comments such as "Wenger is more important to Arsenal than Sanchez" always made my head spin. Now we will find out just how dependent this team in on Sanchez in getting results. Sanchez is the best player to have played for this club since Henry - better than Cesc and RVP, yet the Wenger lovers are so determined to typecast him as a 'problem player', all because he would berate his team mates for not putting in the same amount of effort Sanchez himself would. Sanchez would hurry a defender into the final third, yet that defender would find an outlet to one of his wingbacks as Feo or Iwobi didnt press, then Sanchez would berate them for not closing down the wingback - and apparently thats not allowed, instead Sanchez was suppose to do nothing and accept his team mates not showing the same level of commitment despite not offering the same level of contribution.

The fact that Sanchez imminent departure is being viewed positively is indicative of this mentality of this club. We are losing a world class player who wants to win every game and works as hard as anyone, yet we are keeping the bozo's who dont score, dont run, dont tackle and dont give a F, but they tow the line and dont rock the boat - the most important trait to have in Wenger's Arsenal.

Its alright lads, Theo is still here. He is loyal, and by loyal, I mean has never attracted any interest in 10 years. Although I think Southmpton want to loan him, and he may want to go to improve his WC chances, but we will need to subsidize his wages because he is on more money than Arjen Robben.
It was said to me on Sunday that the good thing about Sanchez going to Manchester United is that he "may be disruptive there as well"...You can bet that the stories from "insiders" at Arsenal will paint Sanchez as an ungrateful greedy person.
I didn't hear that comment by Keown but sadly it doesn't surprise me..As for Feo, I still don't get the Everton/Big Sam link...Feo ain't a worker so how he fits into Sam's thinking is a mystery. I think he will still be an Arsenal player on February 1st...

augie

Post by augie »

Huge dilemma ......... would you rather sell sanchez to manure or to the chavs ? Tbh that question wouldnt even needed me to think about a few years ago, but now I find myself not as sure as I once was - I have hated the chavs and manure almost my whole life but maybe the chavs a small bit less now since pikey terry, cashly cole, fat frank, didier dogbreath and moaninho are no longer there, and moaninho is a hateful c.unt no matter where he goes

I still believe that he will end up at citeeh IF pep still wants him

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Whoever gets him will have the benefit next season of, for the first time in 4 years, a fully rested Sanchez.

Seeing as he switched off quite a while ago, I just want it all over and done with. If he could just slip something...... :censored: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 pm
Wow!! City pull out of transfer for Sanchez...why go to Manure? No likely to win titles as we are.
Will he decide to stay if he can't go to city?
still this fairytale seems to exist amongst our supporters that we might challenge for the league.

look Kroenke has even come out and said that he is not here to win titles, what part of not competing for titles do you not understand!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I think Sanchez will end up at citeh. These transfer sagas are often games of stupidity and brinksmanship with clubs letting the meeja morons know they've "dropped their interest in player x" and then rekindling that interest a few days later.... :roll:

As for Sanchez himself, he surely is smart enough to see that in the short to medium term, citeh is the place to go to pick up a couple of PL titles (especially this season) and maybe an FA cup or 2 and possibly a CL in the next 2 or 3 seasons - before the Baldy Spaniard moves on.

Manure in the short to medium term is a disaster waiting to happen with Moron-hio not winning the PL, then trying to provoke a sacking / exit strategy with compo for himself etc etc blah blah cúnt blah etc.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I would like to think the club can can Martial for Sanchez given Martial is not in favour and would be pushed down the pecking order if Sanchez were to sign. A straight cash deal is pointless as it will not be reinvested. Point being, we dont put player sales on top of an already prepared budget. We sell Cesc ans Nasri for 55m combined, and we didnt pool that 55m with 30m and spend 80-90m. Instead we spent about 40m on Arteta, Mertesacker, Santos and some other knob head, and the club called it spending 40m even though we didnt spend more than we took in from sales.

And when does someone at the club admit the constant problem of losing top talent to top rivals? This is the second time we will have sold our best player to a domestic rival due, who also happened to be Man United. It makes us look weak and not important anymore. But no one is ever held accountable, no one at the club has to answer for anything. They call continue to compliment each other and reassure each other how good a job they are all doing. Our piggy management and executives really do have their noses in the truffle. Yet sill, retards like TY from AFTV keep telling themselves Wenger is doing a good job

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Sanchez is going to spend the next 4 months on the Banter Bus, then walk out the door for nada in May and pocket a cool £30m signing on fee at City plus wages.

All these transfer stories are just designed to muddy the waters to make it look like an agreement couldn't be reached in January with different clubs and different bids in for him.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:01 am
Sanchez is going to spend the next 4 months on the Banter Bus, then walk out the door for nada in May and pocket a cool £30m signing on fee at City plus wages.

All these transfer stories are just designed to muddy the waters to make it look like an agreement couldn't be reached in January with different clubs and different bids in for him.
I've been thinking this over the last few days. City pulling out is weird.

Yesterday oddschecker showing Sanchez as 16/1 to stay, now it's 5/1. I would have been tempted if that 16/1 was still available.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

:rubchin:

I think a deal has already been done - his agent and man $hitty's people are just fine tuning it all.

He may miss out on a Prem Winners medal this season...but the way it's looking with Pep in charge $hitty are gonna rule the roost for a few seasons to come so he'll get one next season.

Meanwhile we have to endure Le Fool. :cry:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:09 am
rodders999 wrote:

I've been thinking this over the last few days. City pulling out is weird.

Yesterday oddschecker showing Sanchez as 16/1 to stay, now it's 5/1. I would have been tempted if that 16/1 was still available.
you also have to think back to August - the only reason that Sanchez is still hereis because no one wanted to come to us anyway.
players like Aubameyang are even less likely to come now surely ?