Chavs FB H Tue May 2nd KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Chavs FB H Tue May 2nd KO 8pm

Post by Midz »

Until the first ball is kicked I'm going with a 7-0 er. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I reserve the right to change my prediction after 5 or 10 minutes of play.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

arrgee wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:00 pm
xisstential wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 11:07 am
I don't believe that we are in the right state of mind to win this? There cannot be a person on the planet who thinks we can still win the league and the players must know that as well. I don't think they believe they can win the next game, never mind the league.
Dredging the memory banks, Arsenal were written off in 1971 when Leeds had 6 games remaining including Arsenal's visit to Elland Road. Then miraculously, there were 2 draws followed by a very dodgy offside decision at The Hawthorns after a European game which led to Leeds losing to WBA, and suddenly the impossible became possible.

Unlikely to win the league, but Arsenal have to keep going and see what happens
Sadly the spirit of 71 and 89 has long since gone - Storey, McLintock, Adams, O'Leary - replaced by wimps like Partey, Gabriel and Xhaka. Imagine any of the 71 or 89 team being bullied by a man in an alice band who is renowned as being the biggest diver in English football! I hoped this crop would be different, but they're not. As weak as the teams of 2008,10,13,16 and last year - all shit the bed when it matters most. Even if City lost 2 games, they'd still find a way to fuck it up. I agree with you by the way - they have to keep going......but I just can't see this lot doing it. You'll be wondering after 15 mins if someone has poured cement in their boots

Midz

Post by Midz »

Good Luck to the Arsenal no matter who plays . C'mon you Reds!!

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

My prediction is that Arteta changes it up too much with Kiwior and Jorginho in and perhaps Nketiah up front. We then proceed to go behind early and he then brings the cavalry on to no avail.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal XI vs. Chelsea: Ramsdale; White, Kiwior, Gabriel, Zinchenko; Odegaard, Jorginho, Xhaka; Saka, Jesus, Trossard.

Subs: Turner, Tierney, Partey, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Nketiah, Holding, Vieira, Nelson.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Too late.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Good to see the two main culprits who sunk the season have finally been binned - Holding and Partey.

Harsh that Martinelli drops out rather than Saka, star boy owes us a major performance tonight on the back of that decision because he’s a lucky boy not to find himself on the bench.

augie

Post by augie »

I'd love to know in what universe jesus has shown better performances lately than martinelli, cos it sure as shit hasnt been the case in the world I am living in - jesus has shit lately, and martinelli has been far and away the best of our front 3, yes it is him that gets dropped and I dont understand that :roll:
Personally I probably wouldnt have started Kiwior tonight cos beating these c.unts is an absolute must in my book, but I would certainly have started him in the remaining games after tonight - I said here in recent days that writing off Kiwior already is way ott imo, but we do need to know what we have with him before the summer transfer window opens, so start him in all the games left in this season and give the kid a chance to get accustomed to this level
Prior to the last month partey has been my player of the season, but he has been dogshite lately and I have no qualms about him being dropped

I want this win so badly Lord, but can I also be a little greedy and ask that someone snaps that Azpilicueta c.unt in half before the game ends and I will give a little extra to the collection basket next weekend 8)

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:09 pm
Good to see the two main culprits who sunk the season have finally been binned - Holding and Partey.

Harsh that Martinelli drops out rather than Saka, star boy owes us a major performance tonight on the back of that decision because he’s a lucky boy not to find himself on the bench.
If your talking culprits Rodders that fucking arsepiece Xhaka should be bounced out first the wanker that he is :cry:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

3 points and a maiming, you’re a man after my own heart Augie :wink:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:15 pm
I concur 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I wish we had N'Golo Kante in our team :?

But Naaaah! Wenger The Fraud went out and bought Xhaka instead, while the chavs bought Kante from Leicester :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:14 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:09 pm

If your talking culprits Rodders that fucking arsepiece Xhaka should be bounced out first the wanker that he is :cry:
You could easily make an argument for dropping the lot of them.

Martinelli definitely the most harshly treated here, he scored against Liverpool, West Ham and Southampton - far more players deserve to be benched rather than him especially Saka.

Jesus scored at Anfield and against West Ham which is why he’s spared I reckon.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:14 pm
I'd love to know in what universe jesus has shown better performances lately than martinelli, cos it sure as shit hasnt been the case in the world I am living in - jesus has shit lately, and martinelli has been far and away the best of our front 3, yes it is him that gets dropped and I dont understand that :roll:
Personally I probably wouldnt have started Kiwior tonight cos beating these c.unts is an absolute must in my book, but I would certainly have started him in the remaining games after tonight - I said here in recent days that writing off Kiwior already is way ott imo, but we do need to know what we have with him before the summer transfer window opens, so start him in all the games left in this season and give the kid a chance to get accustomed to this level
Prior to the last month partey has been my player of the season, but he has been dogshite lately and I have no qualms about him being dropped

I want this win so badly Lord, but can I also be a little greedy and ask that someone snaps that Azpilicueta c.unt in half before the game ends and I will give a little extra to the collection basket next weekend 8)
Can you add Thiago to that wish list please

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:15 pm

I brought my kids up telling them that winning should be enough and that they shouldnt get involved in any bullsh!t during games they playing in, but there are exceptions to every rule and that whinging whiny spanish c.unt is right at the top of my list - watch him getting into the ref's ear every time one of ours commits a foul :cussing: :cussing: :censored: :censored: :censored: