Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:07 pm
StuartL wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:26 pm

( I did see one of our fans impaled on metal fence railing after presumably slipping while trying to bunk in )
Said legendary fella is proper Arsenal going since mid '70's. We certainly have our share of jibbers, who traditionally operated in single or pairs, like the two for one bribing the turnstile operators, or the lads who went on the lunchtime tourist tour of the stadium & hid until the crowds entered much later in Paris 2006. :shock:

I knew of a lad who used to do forged tickets, only 30 per game, for some Euro aways. He could have done much more but was aware of the safety dangers. Auxerre 94 away was another game when dozens of Gooners managed to get into without paying, including myself. :D

Bit of a difference between a few hundred trying to storm the gates & fellas sneaking in one by one. Never saw any of ours robbing tickets from their own fans either.

I seem to remember Arsenal closing the away end turnstiles when hundreds of Scouse had got in with forged tickets, was it the CL 1/4 final match?

Yep. The usual from them. Fake tickets and trying to storm in just before the match started.
Back in the day, away fans got kept behind for an hour or so. This lot need to be put in an hour before. If they're not in by an hour before, the doors are shut.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fucking state of the Forest and Huddersfield managers.... :shock: :lol:

One looks like a homeless alcoholic (Forest) the other looks like a junkie. :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Jesus Christ sky have an article asking Scouse supporters to share their horrific experiences from last night.

Like ffs the media feeding their need to be the victims

Midz

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:04 pm
Fucking state of the Forest and Huddersfield managers.... :shock: :lol:

One looks like a homeless alcoholic (Forest) the other looks like a junkie. :lol:
He'll get a salary increase now he's in the PL and just do cocaine like the rest of the managers. :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:21 am
rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:47 pm
Kenny’s daughter and Sky's own Kelly Dalglish has responded to the UEFA statement about all the trouble stemming from thousands of victims knowingly turning up with fake tickets in order to rush the turnstiles, by blaming the organisers for not having areas away for the stadium where tickets could be pre checked and those with their shitty fakes weeded out.

Fucking hell those c.unts never take responsibility for the actions of their rat fans. Has to be someone else to blame :roll:

Always the victims it’s never your fault indeed.
Unbelievable shit isn't it. It's like a bank robber walking into a bank and shooting half the customers but the the media blame it not on the bank robber but on the bank for being there. :roll:

These cùnts never take responsibility and are never criticised or punished for their repeated cunty behaviour. The only time anyone tried to punish them was after they murdered 39 innocent Italians and then the fucking idiots at UEFA punished all English clubs for the actions of one cunty club. :roll: :censored:
Women and children were in that 39.....absolute disgrace....fuckers should be jailed

Perryashburtongroves

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:22 pm
Jesus Christ sky have an article asking Scouse supporters to share their horrific experiences from last night.

Like ffs the media feeding their need to be the victims
UEFA and the French police will wait a few days and then release the footage of them acting like cúnts. That still doesn't explain why the press continually allow that cesspit of a club to get away with metaphorical and literal murder. They are never, ever held to account or even questioned.

Perryashburtongroves

Also, are they the only team to ever have a full BBC live text commentary for not winning a trophy? The favouritism is pathetic.

John F

Post by John F »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:03 pm
The richest match in world football takes place between the team that provided Arsenal with their first set of shirts, and the team that gave Arsenal their greatest ever manager. Personally, I'd like to see Forest return to the PL.
Good to see Forest up and also to see John Moss sign off on his last game by not giving a clear penalty. What might be of interest to the bubble bathers on here is that the owner of Forest also owns Olympiakos. :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

But but but it was all Parisian youths that were forcing their way in :roll:

https://twitter.com/mancant/status/1530 ... DpeK004reA

Perryashburtongroves

rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 7:34 pm
But but but it was all Parisian youths that were forcing their way in :roll:

https://twitter.com/mancant/status/1530 ... DpeK004reA
They wouldn't be forcing their way in and trampling over their own, would they? Never seen that before.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Dare I say, the ticketing issue and storming turnstiles is not a Liverpool issue, rather in general with the English supporters. This happened in all the knockout games of England's EURO run and it was progressively 100x worse at the Final.

I was asked by four different people if can tag along and just push through as I scan my ticket and then run off and they'd pay me £50 (lol). The hold-up at Wembley entrance was due to multiple sets of fans trying to convince stewards their tickers are valid/genuine and all it was showing is screenshots and tickets from previous games etc..

The scenes at EURO Final was enough of a reason and evidence to tighten security at the Finals. UEFA's fault to not put double the security knowing what is going to happen and on Liverpool fans to try and force their way in with fake tickets.

Same thing happened at the CL final a few years ago between Spurs and Liverpool. Clearly the recurring problem is when English clubs are involved, more so when Liverpool is in the mix.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:10 pm
Dare I say, the ticketing issue and storming turnstiles is not a Liverpool issue, rather in general with the English supporters. This happened in all the knockout games of England's EURO run and it was progressively 100x worse at the Final.

I was asked by four different people if can tag along and just push through as I scan my ticket and then run off and they'd pay me £50 (lol). The hold-up at Wembley entrance was due to multiple sets of fans trying to convince stewards their tickers are valid/genuine and all it was showing is screenshots and tickets from previous games etc..

The scenes at EURO Final was enough of a reason and evidence to tighten security at the Finals. UEFA's fault to not put double the security knowing what is going to happen and on Liverpool fans to try and force their way in with fake tickets.

Same thing happened at the CL final a few years ago between Spurs and Liverpool. Clearly the recurring problem is when English clubs are involved, more so when Liverpool is in the mix.
Two separate things.

Alot of fans (not all but a lot) that religiously and obsessively follow their national team are cùnts and act like cùnts when pissed up. So yes you get some of that shit carry on at interlull level in all countries.

We are talking about clubs here.

I've followed Arsenal all over Europe since the 80s and have never once seen Arsenal fans or oppo fans storm turnstiles in huge numbers, rob their fellow supporters of tickets, kill supporters, or cause the general safety issues and tragedies that victims* fans cause.

Anyone playing devil's advocate and saying they have seen that is a liar. End of. :roll:

Comparing the two is ridiculous.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

John F wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 6:49 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 3:03 pm
The richest match in world football takes place between the team that provided Arsenal with their first set of shirts, and the team that gave Arsenal their greatest ever manager. Personally, I'd like to see Forest return to the PL.
Good to see Forest up and also to see John Moss sign off on his last game by not giving a clear penalty. What might be of interest to the bubble bathers on here is that the owner of Forest also owns Olympiakos. :D
The Forest owner hasn't gone unnoticed my friend - I wondered where Demis Roussos had got to, so perhaps we will have additional songs from the bathtub in addition to the Walrus of Love

Ever and ever.....forever and ever......you'll be the one .......

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:52 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:10 pm

Two separate things.

Alot of fans (not all but a lot) that religiously and obsessively follow their national team are cùnts and act like cùnts when pissed up. So yes you get some of that shit carry on at interlull level in all countries.

We are talking about clubs here.

I've followed Arsenal all over Europe since the 80s and have never once seen Arsenal fans or oppo fans storm turnstiles in huge numbers, rob their fellow supporters of tickets, kill supporters, or cause the general safety issues and tragedies that victims* fans cause.

Anyone playing devil's advocate and saying they have seen that is a liar. End of. :roll:

Comparing the two is ridiculous.
Glad you put that right

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Unbelievable Jeff. Talk about clutching at straws and playing the victim:
Very suspicious for me this happened 33 years after Hillsborough, this may have been deliberately caused by the officials. We're in 2022, surely the organisers aren't that inept now. This stinks all the way.
Some bloke on Twitter, copied and pasted