Bendtner; The Leg-end

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
MegaGooner

Re: The "Nicklas Bendtner progress" thread

Post by MegaGooner »

safcftm wrote:Yes, this is going to be a very popular
Since it took you this long to write a song for the greatest striker on earth, which we gave you Mackems at a pittance :lol: , I took the liberty. I hope you don't mind, but I was very board :banghead: and drunk......does it sound familiar? :lol:

At first I was afraid, I was petrified,
Kept thinking "can we score enough to remain a Premier side?"
But then I turned on SkySports news, the banner told me that you signed,
And I felt fine, I knew you'd score every time,
And so we're back, we're staying up,
You're so much better than Jon Stead oh Barry your balls I want to cup,
I want to kiss you when you score, I want to hug you when you miss,
And if you score against Newcastle I'll even rim you when you piss.

Well now go, walk on the pitch,
Don't turn your back on goal, and make defenders your bitch,
Bendy you're the one who's going to score a cheeky lob,
A right foot screamer, and a tap in off your gob,
Oh Barry B, from here to Kent,
We love your pink boots and we love you more than Darren Bent,
And we'll bake you a birthday cake, with a candle and a flake,
Ni-cho-las, Ben -tner, hey hey

It took all the strength I had, not to call Arsene,
And tell the daft French *word censored* how very dumb he was,
And now I spent oh so many nights just wanking to your pics,
I used to use some lube, but now I just do it dry

If you want to see me
somebody new
I'll be that chained up person, just waiting to make love to you
and if you feel like just dropping in,
for you I always will be free,
Since I kicked out Darren Bent
I don't have to charge a fee
So now go...etc

8)

Herd

Re: Betting on Bendy

Post by Herd »

Robbo is a pal ,wake up Big Man !

As for Graffiti im shit at any forms of art but a person that resembled me and a few pals did a great job on White Hart Lane the day before the opening of the 71/72 season The Park lane ,Paxton and the Shelf side were covered with words that let everyone know who won the double the previous year .

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

:lol: not the most original attempt at a song there MegaGooner :wink:

Anyway, the wait is over. We have all been wondering what Bendtner will look like in his new strip and, finally, this image has been revealed. Here he is, I think it suits him quite well tbh

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

safcftm wrote::lol: not the most original attempt at a song there MegaGooner :wink:

Anyway, the wait is over. We have all been wondering what Bendtner will look like in his new strip and, finally, this image has been revealed. Here he is, I think it suits him quite well tbh

Is "Tombola" Latin for "Gobshite"? :D :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

safcftm wrote::lol: not the most original attempt at a song there MegaGooner :wink:

...and he still looks like *word censored*.

Who'd have thought?

:? :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Look at the expression on his face! It's like a bloke that has been sentenced to only 1 year in prison for murdering 25 people. And then finds out he has to share a cell with Bubba the 300lb gay serial rapist for that year... :lol: :wink:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

DB10GOONER wrote:Look at the expression on his face! It's like a bloke that has been sentenced to only 1 year in prison for murdering 25 people. And then finds out he has to share a cell with Bubba the 300lb gay serial rapist for that year... :lol: :wink:
His look is one of steely determination, it shows a resolve and a confidence that you would expect from a striker of his extraordinary pedigree, mixed with the alluring expression which he uses to charm all of the ladies of these fair isles. His look says "bring it on". Can't wait to see him line up for us against Chelsea on saturday :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

safcftm wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Look at the expression on his face! It's like a bloke that has been sentenced to only 1 year in prison for murdering 25 people. And then finds out he has to share a cell with Bubba the 300lb gay serial rapist for that year... :lol: :wink:
His look is one of steely determination, it shows a resolve and a confidence that you would expect from a striker of his extraordinary pedigree, mixed with the alluring expression which he uses to charm all of the ladies of these fair isles. His look says "bring it on". Can't wait to see him line up for us against Chelsea on saturday :barscarf:
:lol:

I'd say those Chav defenders are just quaking in their... no, sorry - I can't even finish that sentence! :coffeespit: :-P :wink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

safcftm wrote:
May I suggest you play him out wide, his silky skills and speed will have Cashley in knots.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

goonersid wrote:
safcftm wrote:
May I suggest you play him out wide, his silky skills and speed will have Cashley in knots.
I was actually thinking that he could do a job out wide for this one. We're still lacking a left sided midfielder so we could have put Bendtner out there where we could benefit from his attacking instinct and technical ability. I think from there he could supply a lot of dangerous deliveries for Gyan to try and get on the end of. Alas, currently, we require his goalscoring prowess even more than we require his technical ability from wide positions. We are struggling to score goals so will need to play him as the central striker- he can bully Terry out of the game leaving Gyan and Sessegnon free to burst into the box and score, Bendtner can then, when Terry is panting and physically unable to stand any more punishment, score one for himself to get him up and running. Should be an entertaining match. If I can manage it, I shall take a photo from my seat of Bendtner warming up, or chasing a through ball, or out-muscling Terry and shall then post it on this very thread to keep you bang up to date with his progress. So far his report card reads 10/10, very impressive :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

Bender couldn't out muscle a fucking dead cat.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

1989 wrote:Bender couldn't out muscle a fucking dead cat.
Now now marra, thats not very nice and, in fact, it goes directly against the words of Arsenal legend Martin Keown who has written that he thinks Bendtner's strength can cause world class defender Carles Puyol problems

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... start.html

"Consequently, I think Nicklas Bendtner’s strength and aerial ability can cause him enough problems to make him take some unnecessary risks on Wednesday night. So it should be a good battle between the pair."

If he's good enough for Keown, he's good enough for me :wink:

Post by 1989 »

He may be big but he's not the sort of striker you're expecting him to be, i.e powerful bullying target man a la Drogba or Kevin Davies. Conor Wickham is more of that type, Bender likes ball to feet despite his shit first touch. The thing with him is, he doesn't make use of his strengths, he tries to play like a Ronaldo or Henry because the arrogant delusional twat genuinely believes he's that talented. That's why no one likes him and he likes no one, as he doesn't like being told off like Nordtveit said.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

1989 wrote:The thing with him is, he doesn't make use of his strengths, he tries to play like a Ronaldo or Henry because the arrogant delusional twat genuinely believes he's that talented.
What he said

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

1989 wrote:He may be big but he's not the sort of striker you're expecting him to be, i.e powerful bullying target man a la Drogba or Kevin Davies. Conor Wickham is more of that type, Bender likes ball to feet despite his shit first touch. The thing with him is, he doesn't make use of his strengths, he tries to play like a Ronaldo or Henry because the arrogant delusional twat genuinely believes he's that talented. That's why no one likes him and he likes no one, as he doesn't like being told off like Nordtveit said.
Dont worry mate, I know what the lad is like having seen him a fair number of times. The fact is that, although he does like the ball to feet (we'll have to disagree on his first touch mind, I think its pretty good), I think he uses his strength well to position himself to receive the pass. He isnt a drogba type who will get the ball and then outmuscle defenders, but the boy isnt weak. If we have the ball in midfield and he sees an opportunity to get it to feet, he'll outstrength his defender to get in position initially and can then utilise his techinical ability when he gets it to cause trouble and look to link up with Sessegnon or Gyan. Aerially he isnt the best for his size, but then we were linked with Crouch who is similar in that regard. TBH I think Bendtner is better in the air than Crouch is in terms of winning the ball when its played forwards (although Crouch scores more with his head). If we play the ball forward to him and let him bring it under his spell I think he will cause problems for every defence in the league.

As for Nordtveit, well, as I say maybe he just doesnt want to hear criticism of his game from a no mark who couldnt even get a single first team appearance. Had someone like Fabregas said that he never wanted to talk about his game then I would think it was a bit more of a worry since Fabregas was his captain and was a very well established senior member of the squad, but to be talked down to by a player who evidentally had plenty of things in his own game to be worked on is a bit ridiculous, Bendtner blanked him when he should probably told him to fuck off and clean his boots. I see the lad made the comments prior to the Denmark v Norway game where Bendtner scored 2 to win them the game whilst Nordtveit couldnt even get on the pitch- story of his life