THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
augie wrote:The refusal to spend is only one part, albeit a big part, of the problem - having a quality squad wont help him with his tactical ignorance, wont help deter him from his pre-planned and mostly 70th minute substitute preference and most importantly wont change him back into the ambitious manager we used to know :( The wenker sheep like to make out that we only want him gone is cos he wont spend the money (therefore will argue that he don't have money :roll: ) but the reality is that there are several reasons why we want him gone, and reason on it's own should demand change but put them altogether and you are looking at a man that has no place in modern day football
But you have no proof of all this money that he has had to spend, no one does.

If he is such a shit manager and had all these shit players how has he kept us in the top 4 for so long :rubchin:

Everyone on here exaggerates their points to justify their hatred of Wenger and wanting him gone.

He has done a great job but yes I think we need a new manager too because the world of football has changed dramatically in the last few years.

It would still take an exceptional manager and a ton of money to elevate us above man city, Chelsea, man utd (in the long term cos they will be back) and Liverpool who will be strong next season if they invest and keep their existing players.

But to say he's shit is not true, I think had we had a powerhouse midfielder and a top striker then we could have won the pl this season and yes it is his fault for not buying those players.

Saying that we lost Ramsey on Boxing Day who was the best midfielder in the league and top scorer earlier in the season, then we lost theo which had a massive impact on our season too, then jack and ozil.

Had we not lost the first two so early we would be few points better off now and could well be top so we weren't that far away.

Financial accounts, dissected by people with qualifications in that area, have reported that there is over 100m sitting in a bank account that is there to be used - this figures have been gathered from the mandatory published club set of accounts and have been supported by other financial experts.

Never said that he was a shit manager - honestly don't think that the word "shit" sums up how shit a manager he really is :lol:

The striker (or lack thereof) is an issue that is impossible for him to emerge unscathed. There are 2 trains of thought over the ozil signing - (1) is that he wasn't the person who bought ozil (personally I believe this) or (2) that he was in fact the one that wanted ozil and pushed for his signing. Scenario 1 would demonstrate yet again that he does not like spending money and would emerge from the transfer window having spent almost nothing :oops: Scenario 2 would suggest that he is a man who continually buys the same type of players (lightweight ball players) and is unable to recognise the need for a top quality striker, a powerful DM (haven't had one in years :x ) and at least 1 proven defender and for me not spending is bad enough but an inability to recognise the obvious would be beyond the point of salvation imo

The injuries excuse always pisses me off - yes we always have injuries but are we not a big club that should have a squad in place to meet the demands placed on us ? I agree that it is folly to expect us to have a squad with the depth that citeeh have for example, but every season we are only 1 key injury away from a collapse and that has never been addressed. I know that we have injuries (the mooted reasons for which I will not go into now) but how do other teams survive with smaller squads than ours ? Both scouse teams have smaller squads than ours and 1 has left us trailing in their wake whilst the other one is within touching distance and neither has our financial resources

I love the way everybody points to our league campaign as a source of improvement - had we have had a more level fixture list (not a chunk of easy fixtures followed by a chunk of tough fixtures) then I doubt if fans would view it as positively. Some fans point to the fact that no team has held top spot more than us but the reality is that this has been due to an early to mid season fixture list that was the envy of every manager in the league. However we have found that when reality hits and the tougher fixtures come around, we have been absolutely walloped in ways that hasn't happened in decades so how that can be termed as progress I do not know

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:What is a Ewok ?
:shock:

It's "an" ewok :roll: :lol:

It's the name I gave to DB and spuddy but DB is a plagiarist (although fuck knows who's work he copied for his book :shock: :lol: ), Ewoks are the little furry race in Star Wars films.

Anyhow if you have seen the film 'Time Bandits' then you will get an idea of DB's and spuddies height :wink: :lol:

I.e. They aren't allowed on the "big boys" rides at Thorpe park :shock: :lol:

Ah thanks for that and thanks also for the grammar correction. Never got into those films, but they do sound lovable. ewoks not DB and Spuddy that is.
:lol:

Don't mind LeftyFrodo, he exagerates. Particularly about his height! :lol: :wink:

He did originally use the term Ewok for Spuddy, but in fairness it fits (literally!) Lefty too! And OneBardEwok, the Queen of the Ewoks. And brazilianEwok the nominated Ewok ladyboy. :-P :wink:

We've also had unconfirmed reports that Quartz and Hlebby are of Dwarfish persuasion but both mysteriously refuse to meet up with anyone from this fourum... :rubchin:

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's the name I gave to DB and spuddy but DB is a plagiarist (although fuck knows who's work he copied for his book :shock: :lol: ), Ewoks are the little furry race in Star Wars films.

Anyhow if you have seen the film 'Time Bandits' then you will get an idea of DB's and spuddies height :wink: :lol:

Oh, and it seems Lefty is all about "the big boy rides". :shock:

:-P :wink:

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

markyp wrote:
kiwomya wrote:
markyp wrote:But had highbury been a 60,000 seater back then it would still have been full every week just like if we now expanded the emirates to an 80,000 we'd fill that too.THAT IS NOT SUCCESS,SUCCESS IS BASED ON LEAGUE TITLES AND CL TITLES :banghead:
I'm not disagreeing with on the field footballing success (or lack of) am I?
but who really cares about financial success??yes ,we don't want to go the same way as leeds,pompey etc etc but this Arsenal,we couldn't possibly ever go down the same route as them as youd like to think as any debt we incur is serviceable as being a massive club the banks would love the interest theyd earn on us.moving to the emirates isn't success in any way shape or form,if I move to a bigger home does that make me a success??Id say that its just part of a natural cycle.football is massive business these days,a huge team with a huge stadium will get it filled week in week out regardless of on field results.we could be mid table dross but youd still get 45,000 at every home game,does that make us more successful than at highbury cos only 38,000 could watch us??
The financial side ensures that Arsenal stay in business for years to come. I wonder how many Rangers fans thought they'd get bailed out.

How many £400M homes do you build from scratch?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

kiwomya wrote:
markyp wrote:
kiwomya wrote:
markyp wrote:But had highbury been a 60,000 seater back then it would still have been full every week just like if we now expanded the emirates to an 80,000 we'd fill that too.THAT IS NOT SUCCESS,SUCCESS IS BASED ON LEAGUE TITLES AND CL TITLES :banghead:
I'm not disagreeing with on the field footballing success (or lack of) am I?
but who really cares about financial success??yes ,we don't want to go the same way as leeds,pompey etc etc but this Arsenal,we couldn't possibly ever go down the same route as them as youd like to think as any debt we incur is serviceable as being a massive club the banks would love the interest theyd earn on us.moving to the emirates isn't success in any way shape or form,if I move to a bigger home does that make me a success??Id say that its just part of a natural cycle.football is massive business these days,a huge team with a huge stadium will get it filled week in week out regardless of on field results.we could be mid table dross but youd still get 45,000 at every home game,does that make us more successful than at highbury cos only 38,000 could watch us??
The financial side ensures that Arsenal stay in business for years to come. I wonder how many Rangers fans thought they'd get bailed out.

How many £400M homes do you build from scratch?
Erm... every single one of them! :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
augie wrote:The refusal to spend is only one part, albeit a big part, of the problem - having a quality squad wont help him with his tactical ignorance, wont help deter him from his pre-planned and mostly 70th minute substitute preference and most importantly wont change him back into the ambitious manager we used to know :( The wenker sheep like to make out that we only want him gone is cos he wont spend the money (therefore will argue that he don't have money :roll: ) but the reality is that there are several reasons why we want him gone, and reason on it's own should demand change but put them altogether and you are looking at a man that has no place in modern day football

If he is such a shit manager and had all these shit players how has he kept us in the top 4 for so long :rubchin:

Everyone on here exaggerates their points to justify their hatred of Wenger and wanting him gone.

He has done a great job but yes I think we need a new manager too because the world of football has changed dramatically in the last few years.

It would still take an exceptional manager and a ton of money to elevate us above man city, Chelsea, man utd (in the long term cos they will be back) and Liverpool who will be strong next season if they invest and keep their existing players.

But to say he's shit is not true, I think had we had a powerhouse midfielder and a top striker then we could have won the pl this season and yes it is his fault for not buying those players.

Saying that we lost Ramsey on Boxing Day who was the best midfielder in the league and top scorer earlier in the season, then we lost theo which had a massive impact on our season too, then jack and ozil.

Had we not lost the first two so early we would be few points better off now and could well be top so we weren't that far away.

Financial accounts, dissected by people with qualifications in that area, have reported that there is over 100m sitting in a bank account that is there to be used - this figures have been gathered from the mandatory published club set of accounts and have been supported by other financial experts.

Never said that he was a shit manager - honestly don't think that the word "shit" sums up how shit a manager he really is :lol:

The striker (or lack thereof) is an issue that is impossible for him to emerge unscathed. There are 2 trains of thought over the ozil signing - (1) is that he wasn't the person who bought ozil (personally I believe this) or (2) that he was in fact the one that wanted ozil and pushed for his signing. Scenario 1 would demonstrate yet again that he does not like spending money and would emerge from the transfer window having spent almost nothing :oops: Scenario 2 would suggest that he is a man who continually buys the same type of players (lightweight ball players) and is unable to recognise the need for a top quality striker, a powerful DM (haven't had one in years :x ) and at least 1 proven defender and for me not spending is bad enough but an inability to recognise the obvious would be beyond the point of salvation imo

The injuries excuse always pisses me off - yes we always have injuries but are we not a big club that should have a squad in place to meet the demands placed on us ? I agree that it is folly to expect us to have a squad with the depth that citeeh have for example, but every season we are only 1 key injury away from a collapse and that has never been addressed. I know that we have injuries (the mooted reasons for which I will not go into now) but how do other teams survive with smaller squads than ours ? Both scouse teams have smaller squads than ours and 1 has left us trailing in their wake whilst the other one is within touching distance and neither has our financial resources

I love the way everybody points to our league campaign as a source of improvement - had we have had a more level fixture list (not a chunk of easy fixtures followed by a chunk of tough fixtures) then I doubt if fans would view it as positively. Some fans point to the fact that no team has held top spot more than us but the reality is that this has been due to an early to mid season fixture list that was the envy of every manager in the league. However we have found that when reality hits and the tougher fixtures come around, we have been absolutely walloped in ways that hasn't happened in decades so how that can be termed as progress I do not know

Fuck me Augie that is a long post and just says everything you have said in your previous 5 gazillion posts :lol:

So, thanks for that :lol:

The money you mention has only been available from last season though hasn't it.

You also misread my post, I'm not sticking up for Wenger per say but pointing out the exaggerating posts that do define him as shit which clearly he is not.

Still we will have kloppy next season, I just want to see him and ozil stood next to each other to compare the googlieness of their eyes :shock: :shock: :lol:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Ha bleeding ha. Coffee spit gut laff.
Sorry Lefty, but that remark owned you, or is that pwned you???
Great to read you on the jokes pages again mate but ,,,,,
tonight Matthew you are going to be DB10's baitch.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Whoops, I almost forgot to add

WENGER OUT
WENGER'S AGENDA IS SHITE

LeftfootlegendGooner

Top Londoner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Ha bleeding ha. Coffee spit gut laff.
Sorry Lefty, but that remark owned you, or is that pwned you???
Great to read you on the jokes pages again mate but ,,,,,
tonight Matthew you are going to be DB10's baitch.
:lol:
Would have worked had he spotted it the first time :roll: :lol: his cushion must have slipped off of his office chair in between :roll: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Regardless of whether le cock stays or goes, I am expecting a huge number of managerial changes this summer - imo klopp will leave Dortmund, barca will fcuk their guy out, the scum will sack Sherwood, fat sam will get his p45 as will pardew, hughton, pepe mel, solskaer and magath whilst blanc (psg) moyes and monk will be on the proverbial hot seats. Add to all that we will probably see changes in the international scene with deschamps, low and hodgson all possibilities to join van gaal as departures - it will be total carnage out there :lol: Mind you with all that going on, we will be still stuck with an under-achieving and over-paid French cock :roll: :evil: :evil: :banghead:

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

Oh augie.

You use so many words there, and I sense your anger chum, I really do.
Two words of advice for you mate.

WENGER OUT

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

augie wrote:

Fuck me Augie that is a long post and just says everything you have said in your previous 5 gazillion posts :lol:

The money you mention has only been available from last season though hasn't it.

You also misread my post, I'm not sticking up for Wenger per say but pointing out the exaggerating posts that do define him as shit which clearly he is not.

Still we will have kloppy next season, I just want to see him and ozil stood next to each other to compare the googlieness of their eyes :shock: :shock: :lol:
No we haven't ended up £120 million completely out of the blue from last season. There's always been plenty of money available its just we would rather hoard all of it due to Wenger and his failed youth experiment.

LeftfootlegendGooner

SydneyGooner wrote:
augie wrote:

No we haven't ended up £120 million completely out of the blue from last season. There's always been plenty of money available its just we would rather hoard all of it due to Wenger and his failed youth experiment.
So you have proof of this?

I have never seen any evidence that stacks up that Wenger has had tons of money to spend on player purchases.

He has overpaid plenty of players that is for sure and bought some dross but that could be labelled at the entire league.

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

Top Londoner wrote:Oh augie.

You use so many words there, and I sense your anger chum, I really do.
Two words of advice for you mate.

WENGER OUT
WENGER OUT? You are harsh man. As for me I've got three words of advice.

FUCK OFF WENGER

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

It's Friday......I've got the weekend and beer on my mind.......which leaves me just one thing to say

ONE ARSENE WENGER......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: