THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:What is 'funny' is that people / Gooners keep using the term 'Arrogant' to describe Wenger.

F.F.S !! He's French what else do you expect?

Okay so he's now totally Tonto and has an inbuilt loop tape (recently upgraded to a MP3 Solid State Chip with No Moving Parts ) That continually refers to

Leetlul beet jayded

Trumendoos spirit

mentull Strenff

Apparently Gazidis has also been fitted with one of these - programmed to automatically Lie!
Ok, Adolf - ease off on the xenophobia there... :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:What is 'funny' is that people / Gooners keep using the term 'Arrogant' to describe Wenger.

Okay so he's now totally Tonto and has an inbuilt loop tape (recently upgraded to a MP3 Solid State Chip with No Moving Parts ) That continually refers to

Leetlul beet jayded

Trumendoos spirit

mentull Strenff

Apparently Gazidis has also been fitted with one of these - programmed to automatically Lie!
So I can't put this joke on here then :rubchin:

After the Second World War there were a load of French rifles on sale, advertised as "never been fired and only dropped once" :shock: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Leetlul beet jayded

Trumendoos spirit

mentull Strenff

After the Second World War there were a load of French rifles on sale, advertised as "never been fired and only dropped once" :shock: :lol:
Well, that's not a joke. I saw that on a documentary. :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

BFG4 wrote:
clockender1 wrote:i think he hasn't signed it because when we were top and in two cups he thought it wasn't an issue. then we swallow dived down the table and fell out of the CL.

poor foresight and bad preparation.

ironic.

Despite his senility and obvious complete bonkersness, i like to think that he still has some decency left and will just now realise he missed his chance to sign when the house of cards was still holding up, and will leave with some dignity.
I have seen plenty of quotes from Wenger, talking about next season, so I doubt he will be leaving. As for having any decency, he clearly doesn't. He is arrogant beyond belief, and you can be sure when the next fuck up happens, he will throw the toys out of the pram, for anyone who dares question him. This is the man that said in 2009 that he would leave, if he didn't win anything in 2 years, well five years down the line, he is still here, any decency he had has long since evaporated.
I quoted about the 2 years and leaving shit because I had seen the quote on here, think it was gooner who said that wenger never said that :rubchin:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Leetlul beet jayded

Trumendoos spirit

mentull Strenff

Well, that's not a joke. I saw that on a documentary. :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol:

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Wenger will definitely be staying, I have no doubt about it.
We're going to end up 4th and we'll win the FA Cup.
He's not going to walk away.

k1tsun3

Post by k1tsun3 »

I can deal with it either way, but I hope the extension is a max of 2 years. The only reason I'd be content, although frustrated at time I'm sure, with a 2 year extensions is because of standing contracts that some of the managers that would be considered. Of course we could go for van Gaal, who could be fantastic for a few year, but is up there in age so wouldn't be long term, and there might be others that they could risk going for, maybe even the Athletico Madrid manager, who knows. But I have the sense that the club haven't really been looking as they seem so sure that Wenger will stay. A 2 yr extension would provide the club with time to find a replacement: Klopp would be coming to the end of his contract, Guardiloa would be coming to the end of his, and Martinez would have a couple years to prove his long-term worth. Those are just the 3 names that many supporters have mentioned, as well as some media outlets.

Not long now before we all know. I just hope regardless of who manages this club next season that we go out and get a wc striker and some pace. We really need a few top quality players to make progress, but a striker or two are key.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

k1tsun3 wrote:I can deal with it either way, but I hope the extension is a max of 2 years. The only reason I'd be content, although frustrated at time I'm sure, with a 2 year extensions is because of standing contracts that some of the managers that would be considered. Of course we could go for van Gaal, who could be fantastic for a few year, but is up there in age so wouldn't be long term, and there might be others that they could risk going for, maybe even the Athletico Madrid manager, who knows. But I have the sense that the club haven't really been looking as they seem so sure that Wenger will stay. A 2 yr extension would provide the club with time to find a replacement: Klopp would be coming to the end of his contract, Guardiloa would be coming to the end of his, and Martinez would have a couple years to prove his long-term worth. Those are just the 3 names that many supporters have mentioned, as well as some media outlets.

Not long now before we all know. I just hope regardless of who manages this club next season that we go out and get a wc striker and some pace. We really need a few top quality players to make progress, but a striker or two are key.
Good post, agree with all your points.
Just hope we spend well and we start the season with a lot of optimism.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I am constantly torn on the pro v anti Wenger debate on here and in other arenas of debate. I simply cannot agree with people who slate this guy to the level that some do. He does not deserve to be called such things a "useless c unt" and Arsene Wanker etc. I honestly think that the guy deserves much better than that. Not only did this man revolutionise a club that was going nowhere, he changed the whole approach to football across Europe. We would likely be a Newcastle/Tottenham/West Ham type club playing in an increasingly derelict stadium and praying for a place in the Europa league had he not come along.
His tenure has had a very clear split in the success factor. The first 9 years were awesome with us playing the best football this league has ever seen. The second has sadly been a massive let down. We'll never know the real reasons behind the lack of investment in the team (although many people are happy to throw the total blame at his feet). Is it the board, Wenger, or a combination of both? Whichever it is is not acceptable as the club made a very clear statement when they said that "Moving to this new stadium will enable us to compete with the biggest clubs in the transfer market".That just hasn't happened. The tactical ineptitude shown at times though is disastrous. The dogged determination that plan A will always work is niaive to say the the least. It may have been possible with Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira, Henry etc. but not with the teams post '06. We needed a plan B and he failed to provide it. That is totally down to him.

My position on this is simple.....

"Arsene, thank you so much for everything you have done for this club during your time here, but it is time to move on and give us an injenction of new blood at the top. Good luck wherever you go".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I am constantly torn on the pro v anti Wenger debate on here and in other arenas of debate. I simply cannot agree with people who slate this guy to the level that some do. He does not deserve to be called such things a "useless c unt" and Arsene Wanker etc. I honestly think that the guy deserves much better than that. Not only did this man revolutionise a club that was going nowhere, he changed the whole approach to football across Europe. We would likely be a Newcastle/Tottenham/West Ham type club playing in an increasingly derelict stadium and praying for a place in the Europa league had he not come along.
His tenure has had a very clear split in the success factor. The first 9 years were awesome with us playing the best football this league has ever seen. The second has sadly been a massive let down. We'll never know the real reasons behind the lack of investment in the team (although many people are happy to throw the total blame at his feet). Is it the board, Wenger, or a combination of both? Whichever it is is not acceptable as the club made a very clear statement when they said that "Moving to this new stadium will enable us to compete with the biggest clubs in the transfer market".That just hasn't happened. The tactical ineptitude shown at times though is disastrous. The dogged determination that plan A will always work is niaive to say the the least. It may have been possible with Bergkamp, Pires, Vieira, Henry etc. but not with the teams post '06. We needed a plan B and he failed to provide it. That is totally down to him.

"Arsene, thank you so much for everything you have done for this club during your time here, but it is time to move on and give us an injenction of new blood at the top. Good luck wherever you go".
I'm of similar opinion on this, Spuddy. I'll ALWAYS love and respect him for what he did for us 1997-2006. I find the level of hatred for him on here is OTT tbh. I want him gone, God how I want him gone, but I can't bring myself to hate him, no matter how much he frustrates me.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

my view is quite simple.

he should go at the end of the season because he has split the fanbase.
in an ideal world i would love Martinez to come in but unfortunately I can't see that happening.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I am constantly torn on the pro v anti Wenger debate on here and in other arenas of debate. I simply cannot agree with people who slate this guy to the level that some do. He does not deserve to be called such things a "useless c unt" and Arsene Wanker etc. I honestly think that the guy deserves much better than that. Not only did this man revolutionise a club that was going nowhere, he changed the whole approach to football across Europe. We would likely be a Newcastle/Tottenham/West Ham type club playing in an increasingly derelict stadium and praying for a place in the Europa league had he not come along.

People and opinions of people can change, respect can be gained and lost, that’s how I view my stance on Wenger. I can’t forgive the last 9 years on the basis of the previous 8 and then bid him fond farewell. And the lies and contempt shown to those who dare question him, has robbed him of any respect I can afford him.
Surely that’s like being married for 15 years , 8 of which have been married bliss, but then your missus turns into a psychopathic, bed hopping, lying ,dictator who treats you with utter contempt, you put up with it for 9 years only for her to get even worse.
It finally gets to the point where she leaves you in the proverbial shite, so you wish her all the best for the future and thank her for the first 8 years.
Sorry not for me, the sooner he literally fucks off the better and I hope he lasts 2 months in his next job when his employers realise that he really has turned into a useless :censored:

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

It's not the same as that though is it.

A marriage is a situation that affects the very core of your life. He's just the manager of a football club that you support. He hasn't wronged you personally.

That is where the difference lies and that is where people need to gain a little perspective.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPUDMASHER wrote:It's not the same as that though is it.

A marriage is a situation that affects the very core of your life. He's just the manager of a football club that you support. He hasn't wronged you personally.

That is where the difference lies and that is where people need to gain a little perspective.
This is a very good point. I know personally I'm devestated when we lose, particularly finals or other huge games, but you know, a couple days pass and I get over it. It is after all just football, not life or death, and no thieving Scouser quoting some old Jock is going to convince me different! :lol:

Wenger is NOT trying to hurt Arsenal, he's not trying to hurt us the fans. He is simply a man that was once successful, that now has failed repeatedly to retain that success and should be replaced. There's nothing personal in it, so I can't understand the hatred. My hatred is reserved for fuckers that actively and intentionally hurt or try to hurt my family, friends or, to a lesser extent, my club. Hatred is such an energy consuming emotion...

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:It's not the same as that though is it.

This is a very good point. I know personally I'm devestated when we lose, particularly finals or other huge games, but you know, a couple days pass and I get over it. It is after all just football, not life or death, and no thieving Scouser quoting some old Jock is going to convince me different! :lol:

Wenger is NOT trying to hurt Arsenal, he's not trying to hurt us the fans. He is simply a man that was once successful, that now has failed repeatedly to retain that success and should be replaced. There's nothing personal in it, so I can't understand the hatred. My hatred is reserved for fuckers that actively and intentionally hurt or try to hurt my family, friends or, to a lesser extent, my club. Hatred is such an energy consuming emotion...
Has your missus been moaning about the size of my cock again?

Just send her to the local A&E and she can have a few stitches put in. :lol: :lol: :lol: