THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by TeeCee »

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but it's pretty damning.....!!

Wonga oversees the medical team. Where's the problem again?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

TeeCee wrote:Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but it's pretty damning.....!!

Wonga oversees the medical team. Where's the problem again?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
We've won a league :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

It is damning or is it a reason for our lack of success? :rubchin:

Also as much as our injury record is indefensible those stats are probably slightly skewered by the fact that some seasons we have had a ridiculously bloated playing squad.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Demun210 wrote:The trouble with all this constant bickering amongst the fans is that it makes the general experience of being around / interacting with Arsenal fans really tiring these days. Even though we all support Arsenal, we need to accept that different supporters have different expectations and enjoyment from that support.

Take this season, you've got the fan who would find a season where we spent part of it top of the league, an FA cup final and possible top 4 finish as a decent season, and then you're going to have the other fan who see's it as another failure. The fact that in the stands, on forums such as this, Twitter etc, these fans are more often than not getting pissed off with eachother, it's making for a really poisonous feeling amongst Arsenal fans.

I keep coming on here seeing the same things over and over again about AWOB, AKB's etc etc, it's all pathetic and ultimately we're all bringing eachother down.
Win the F A cup and finish top 4 would be a very good season.
If we do this, I believe we will buy a couple of top signings and push on next year.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

afcforever wrote:
Demun210 wrote:The trouble with all this constant bickering amongst the fans is that it makes the general experience of being around / interacting with Arsenal fans really tiring these days. Even though we all support Arsenal, we need to accept that different supporters have different expectations and enjoyment from that support.

Take this season, you've got the fan who would find a season where we spent part of it top of the league, an FA cup final and possible top 4 finish as a decent season, and then you're going to have the other fan who see's it as another failure. The fact that in the stands, on forums such as this, Twitter etc, these fans are more often than not getting pissed off with eachother, it's making for a really poisonous feeling amongst Arsenal fans.

I keep coming on here seeing the same things over and over again about AWOB, AKB's etc etc, it's all pathetic and ultimately we're all bringing eachother down.
If we do this, I believe we will buy a couple of top signings and push on next year.
And the Easter Bunny?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

goonersid wrote:
afcforever wrote:

And the Easter Bunny?
You see and this just highlights the point made in the first place. This thread is just hot air over and over cue boredom.

My footy mate goes on and on about how wenger should be sacked, but the truth is he knows fuck all about football and has suggested in the past moyes should have replaced wenger, thank fuck that didn't happen.

If arsenal fans actually channelled some of this fustration into getting behind the team no matter who was in charge, it would probably be worth half a dozen points a season.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

afcforever wrote:

As far back as 2008 people generally felt (myself included) that Wenger would have acknowledged his mistakes and rectify them in the market after we blew the title. In 2009 the consensus was that was got away with a top 4 finish and after showing intent signing Arshavin in Jan would finally replace Flamini and others. It's been the same every summer, particularly the last two seasons after we were so fortunate to scrape CL qualification. In reality in 2011 he sold two key creative midfielders and bought none. In 2012 he sold our talisman and world class striker and used the money to sign a player who can't play there alongside a massively sub-par placement. 2 years later and our options are still the same.

Honestly, what would he have to do to make you realise that this miraculous transfer window isn't going to happen?

biglunn

Post by biglunn »

Its coming!

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

goonersid wrote:
afcforever wrote:

And the Easter Bunny?
I wouldn't sign him he wouldn't be able to play night games, he dont like flood lights :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

nut flush gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
afcforever wrote:

And the Easter Bunny?
You see and this just highlights the point made in the first place. This thread is just hot air over and over cue boredom.

My footy mate goes on and on about how wenger should be sacked, but the truth is he knows fuck all about football and has suggested in the past moyes should have replaced wenger, thank fuck that didn't happen.

If arsenal fans actually channelled some of this fustration into getting behind the team no matter who was in charge, it would probably be worth half a dozen points a season.
I think by and large our fans have supported the team a damn sight better than most other fans would given the same circumstances, the massive defeats to supposed "rivals", the capitulation's time and time again, selling our best players, the piss poor football served up with little attacking threat, the constant purchasing of cheap, make do, I can turn them into superstars, the outright lies, the 1 or 2 percent away / greatest ever squad bullshit ,the unwarranted price increases, the heavy handed stewarding etc

We still get regular, 60, 000 (cough, cough) tickets sold - despite all that shit we have endured for years, so don't blame it on the poor supporters - that's what Wenker tried to do, to excuse playing a hapless Eboue at left midfield where he tackled his own player ffs

The fans realised that Eboue, Denilson, Bendtner, Santos, Senderos, Cygan, Alminia, etc were not good enough long before Arsene did - yet here we go again with Sanogo :banghead:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Its not good enough. Winning the Cup will be nice but our team is miles behind Liverpool, Chelsea and City. All of which will strengthen in the next window. We have become a poor reflection on what we used to be and not just Wenger I mean from about 1987 onwards. We lack fight and power and speed. Its now boring to be an Arsenal fan. Same every year and never great improvement.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

StuartL wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
afcforever wrote:

And the Easter Bunny?

I think by and large our fans have supported the team a damn sight better than most other fans would given the same circumstances, the massive defeats to supposed "rivals", the capitulation's time and time again, selling our best players, the piss poor football served up with little attacking threat, the constant purchasing of cheap, make do, I can turn them into superstars, the outright lies, the 1 or 2 percent away / greatest ever squad bullshit ,the unwarranted price increases, the heavy handed stewarding etc

We still get regular, 60, 000 (cough, cough) tickets sold - despite all that shit we have endured for years, so don't blame it on the poor supporters - that's what Wenker tried to do, to excuse playing a hapless Eboue at left midfield where he tackled his own player ffs

The fans realised that Eboue, Denilson, Bendtner, Santos, Senderos, Cygan, Alminia, etc were not good enough long before Arsene did - yet here we go again with Sanogo :banghead:
Are you for real, our support has been shit since we moved to the emirates with the exception of maybe half a dozen games. Perhaps that's just the way football is going these days, but it would be nice to see less whingeing like this thread. As for the 60,000 I can tell you for a fact for the lesser games there are at least 5,000 empty seats.

I enjoyed last saturday because it was a throwback to the way things used to be with gooners, we totally backed the team even when we where losing.

TurnipMasher

Post by TurnipMasher »

nut flush gooner wrote: This thread is just hot air over and over cue boredom.
Welcome to the internet.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

[quote="nut flush gooner

I keep coming on here seeing the same things over and over again about AWOB, AKB's etc etc, it's all pathetic and ultimately we're all bringing eachother down.[/quote]

If we do this, I believe we will buy a couple of top signings and push on next year.[/quote]

And the Easter Bunny?[/quote]

If arsenal fans actually channelled some of this fustration into getting behind the team no matter who was in charge, it would probably be worth half a dozen points a season.[/quote]

The fans realised that Eboue, Denilson, Bendtner, Santos, Senderos, Cygan, Alminia, etc were not good enough long before Arsene did - yet here we go again with Sanogo :banghead:[/quote]

Are you for real, our support has been shit since we moved to the emirates with the exception of maybe half a dozen games. Perhaps that's just the way football is going these days, but it would be nice to see less whingeing like this thread. As for the 60,000 I can tell you for a fact for the lesser games there are at least 5,000 empty seats.

I enjoyed last saturday because it was a throwback to the way things used to be with gooners, we totally backed the team even when we where losing.[/quote]

So 55,000 paying top, top, prices to watch shit football at games constitutes shit support ? I think you need a reality check, and I acknowledged it was often less than 60k attending with a (cough, cough) or was that a bit too subtle for you ? (another thing that the club attempted to lie / cover up till the derision it was met with forced their hand
)
Our away fans stayed, and sung at Old Trafford for 20 mins after an absolute dicking, where most other clubs fans would have been out the door at half time. Yes at times we are quiet, but that was also the case at Highbury.

The club have encouraged the less vociferous, day tripper, casual fan's to attend, with heavy handed stewarding to stamp out swearing and standing, huge prices and they have got what they wanted - a largely subdued, subserviant fanbase, who spend half the game tweeting and leave 5 mins from the end, no matter what the score.

Most seasons at the Emirates Cup the club get nigh on 60,000 on consecutive day's to watch a pre season friendly !! I count that as being very supportive to the club, although many go in the false hope of seeing, new quality signings to strengthen the team.

Why do you think things have changed ? Is it the fan's themselves that have changed or is it the club ?
On the pitch due to the dull, boring football they are forced to watch, with seemingly no real ambition there has been little to get excited about - the FA cup matches this season, I think have had very good atmosphere's.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

On one hand people say that it is pointless whining on here and it's doing nothing at games. On the other hand other people (or sometimes the same people) will moan that the negativity isn't good for the team. Can't have it both ways.