Poor Old TA6

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rosie_titters

Poor Old TA6

Post by Rosie_titters »

If you think we have it bad - Imagine being Pompey, FA Cup winners, top 8 finish & European Footie for the first time now old arry have left them in the shite, he knew the finances inside out and now poor old TA6 is going to have to struggle with shite, limited players and no money

Lauren, Muntari & Diarra gone, Johnson, Defoe, Crouch will all be sold

James, Campbell & Distin will all leave in the summer, Pompey are doomed and poor old TA6 will get the bullet, for other people misdemeanours

:(

I'd love to see big Tone back at the Arsenal

REB

Post by REB »

not as manager
maybe as number 2

digger

Post by digger »

REBEL GOONER wrote:not as manager
maybe as number 2
Agreed. Not sure if he'll ever be a manager, he seems to let Pompey's players walk all over him.

FOXYARSENAL

Post by FOXYARSENAL »

yip would love to see him back to as defensive coach :barscarf:

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

i'd like to see him as a No2 but if we employ another foreign manager it won't happen

Petition to bring back Gorgeous George :barscarf:

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

digger wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote:not as manager
maybe as number 2
Agreed. Not sure if he'll ever be a manager, he seems to let Pompey's players walk all over him.
I'm not sure he's letting the players walk all over him, all the decisions are probably being made over his head.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

FOXYARSENAL wrote:yip would love to see him back to as defensive coach :barscarf:
Yeah, him or Keown are NEEDED as defensive coach.

I have always though Adams would make a good coach rather than a manager.

Just reckon he would get much more out of being on the training pitches every day, with the banter and the involvement in five a side training games, than sitting in an office trying to talk to three overseas agents at once on three mobile phones.

swearydad

Post by swearydad »

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

QuartzGooner wrote:
FOXYARSENAL wrote:yip would love to see him back to as defensive coach :barscarf:

Just reckon he would get much more out of being on the training pitches every day, with the banter and the involvement in five a side training games, than sitting in an office trying to talk to three overseas agents at once on three mobile phones.
I met Keown in a bar in Richmond a couple of weeks ago, the guy is clearly still passionate about the club and would love to return but his final comments to me were that 'Arsene's got his number'.

Belfast Boy

Re: Poor Old TA6

Post by Belfast Boy »

Chunky Monkey wrote:If you think we have it bad - Imagine being Pompey, FA Cup winners, top 8 finish & European Footie for the first time now old arry have left them in the shite, he knew the finances inside out and now poor old TA6 is going to have to struggle with shite, limited players and no money

Lauren, Muntari & Diarra gone, Johnson, Defoe, Crouch will all be sold

James, Campbell & Distin will all leave in the summer, Pompey are doomed and poor old TA6 will get the bullet, for other people misdemeanors
Agree 100% Chunky and where does that very point sit with a lot of opinions on here that AW shouldn't give a flyin f**k about the our finances, would it not be very easy for AW to say I'm fed up takin all this grief and pressure I'll give the fans exactly what they want and to hell with the consequences cos I can just do an 'Arry and be a hero for landin some sliverware even tho it was a solitary cup and nevermind that was done at a runnin cost of the player's wages equalling 90% of the club's income :shock: not it's profit but it's total turnover :shock: :shock: :shock: and then bail out when you see the baliffs comin!

They're not alone either as many more clubs are panickin tryin to get high earners off their books who should have never been on that money in the first place and very few takers it's all eerily reminiscent of Leeds' plight it seems that either everyone have learned nothing at all or have extremely short memories :roll:

REB

Post by REB »

sorry bb but have to disagree, no one wants the arsenal to go mad and spend just for the sake of spending and become another leeds but we do want the weakness in the team addressed, there is a difference in how you spend. on here last summer most would have agreed that a centre midfielder with bite and a strong defender type centre half was needed as well as a top class keeper and maybe striker and that was just to bring the squad up to scratch, well the same problems exist :shock: and wenger been manager has to sort it out, again not to over spend just for the sake of it but to spend for the sake of the club.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Sorry to digress Rebel but I don't think I even suggested that anyone was promoting that idea I even said on the Hill-Wood thread which I'm sure you've read, that I would like the club to spend 20 or 30M in January because the players bought would in essence be "free" if we qualify for the CL!

All I did was respond to Chunky's point about the fact that cos Pompey are on the brink and 'Arry's done a runner that peeps are sayin he new what was goin on financially and he's left them without a pot to piss in, in stark contrast to how others are sayin AW shouldn't care about Arsenal's finances cos it's not his job to that!

REB

Post by REB »

fair enough bb, i do feel for adams but also feel strongly that our board are making mugs out of us by saying there is money to spend and then letting wenger take the flak for not spending it :roll: we all love the arsenal and want whats best all round for the club but there are times when you just have to take a chance for the now and let the future take its own course

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Cannot disagree with you there Rebel, and as I said earlier, only history and the plight of the other clubs in the next couple of years of financial turmoil will judge the current actions of our board and I also freely admitted hearing the same old stuff from AW is enough to drive you up the wall, but he's in a tight spot and make no mistake - he knows it, and is tryin to remain calm, probably because he has total faith in his methods and knows we are not that far away, but I agree with everyone else that the 1 or 2% remark was an understatement to say the least :oops:

Let's see what some new blood can do cos there's no doubt in my mind that our current nightmarish season is being exacerbated by our fragile confidence due in no small part to our fragile defence and midfield, and as everyone who's ever played any sport nevermind football knows, when you're ridin high you get the breaks, and when you're strugglin if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck!

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

hanny73 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:

I met Keown in a bar in Richmond a couple of weeks ago, the guy is clearly still passionate about the club and would love to return but his final comments to me were that 'Arsene's got his number'.
I met Keown last season and he was very down to earth and as you say, really happy to chat about football and Arsenal. He was full of tactics and coaching ideas and very articulate, I really think he could be a success as a coach.