Have you got your new Gooner?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

Have you got your new Gooner?

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Issue 192 Meltdown? arrived today. :barscarf:

I dont know how to do a poll :oops: so will just ask the questions:

1. Do you read it the minute it arrives? :anyminute:

2. Do you flick through looking at the pictures and suss out the articles to decide which to read first? :eatwords:

3. Do you save the best until last (Talking Reds of course :typing: :wink: ) or just go for it?

4. Do you read it all in go one or over a few days? :alarmclock:

5. Do you read it in the loo :throne: ?

6. Do you read it at all? :shock:

7. does it make you want to write an article or send in a letter? :smiley_office:

8. Any other option? :rubchin:

12thGooner

Re: Have you got your new Gooner?

Post by 12thGooner »

Talking Reds

2. Do you flick through looking at the pictures and suss out the articles to decide which to read first? :eatwords:
No

3. Do you save the best until last (Talking Reds of course :typing: :wink: ) or just go for it?
Any article with Yellow pages (if there any), don't ask coz i don't know myself, just something i've always done.

Few days

Yes

Yes

7. does it make you want to write an article or send in a letter? :smiley_office:
Yes

8. Any other option? :rubchin:[/quote]
Most of the content makes me Angry / Sad / Depressed about being a gooner, but also proud of it too.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:Issue 192 Meltdown? arrived today. :barscarf:

I dont know how to do a poll :oops: so will just ask the questions:

8. Any other option? :rubchin:
You're asking alot of questions lately, missy... what you up to? :? :wink:

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

Basil official market researcher for the Gooner

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

12thGooner wrote:Basil official market researcher for the Gooner
Well, at least she seems to have packed in the "jokes"... :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
So glad about that :roll: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
So glad about that :roll: :wink:
Yeah, me too. :wink:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Always buy mine at the game. Read the funnies/short things at HT and the rest from front cover on the tube and train on the way home. Anything left over gets read in bed. :oops:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I flick through my copy and read anything that catches my eye then read the rest over the next few days

Still waiting to see a photo of Bas. didnt someone say she looks like Catherine Tate? Going by the FA Cup thread now Catherine Tate with huge ear 'oles!!!! :?

Basil is a Gooner

I'm just interested thats all. :roll: :wink:

flash - I dont look like Catherine Tate :pixie1: or the FA Cup. :winner:

And dont worry - I'm working on a new set of jokes..... :barscarf: :eatwords: :barscarf:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Mine goes straight in the toilet :oops: I then like to take my time reading it each time I take a dump. 8)

Rob

Post by Rob »

Always buy mine outside the ground either from the very tall follow juat past Arsneal station or recently I've also got one from the young- ish lad with the Specs who stands at the top of St Thomas's Road just past the bookies.

Always read most of the articles. Taling Reds and the Highbury Spy tell it like it is. Micky Cannon is Ok but seems to have moved on to 'Planet Denial' in recent months.

The letters page has frankly been tat of late, with plenty of "we are so lucky, we don't deserve Wenger" - tug my forelock, lick Hill-Wood's boots - signed Mr. U Heep - offerings - , that leave me with spots infront of my eyes. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

One thing I have noticed, is that the worse we have become, the more obsessed with Spurs we seem to be. This is cretinous, as I really don't care about Spurs (I do care about Man U and Chelsea but that's because they are above us !)

Maybe 'The Gooner' is anticipating matters, when this time next year - at the current rate of decline - Spurs do likewise and pass us on the way up as we continue to fall. :roll:

For this and other reasons, Dwight Hart- Lane needs mothballing. Let's try to concerntrate on where we are at, rather than Spurs.

Basil is a Gooner

DB10GOONER wrote: You're asking a lot of questions lately, missy... what you up to? :? :wink:
Are you going to answer or just post photos of yourself all day? :shock: :roll:

:wink:

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

Rob wrote:Always buy mine outside the ground either from the very tall follow juat past Arsneal station or recently I've also got one from the young- ish lad with the Specs who stands at the top of St Thomas's Road just past the bookies.

Always read most of the articles. Taling Reds and the Highbury Spy tell it like it is. Micky Cannon is Ok but seems to have moved on to 'Planet Denial' in recent months.

The letters page has frankly been tat of late, with plenty of "we are so lucky, we don't deserve Wenger" - tug my forelock, lick Hill-Wood's boots - signed Mr. U Heep - offerings - , that leave me with spots infront of my eyes. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

One thing I have noticed, is that the worse we have become, the more obsessed with Spurs we seem to be. This is cretinous, as I really don't care about Spurs (I do care about Man U and Chelsea but that's because they are above us !)

Maybe 'The Gooner' is anticipating matters, when this time next year - at the current rate of decline - Spurs do likewise and pass us on the way up as we continue to fall. :roll:

For this and other reasons, Dwight Hart- Lane needs mothballing. Let's try to concerntrate on where we are at, rather than Spurs.
after reading the turning point copy i was so depressed that im not going near a gooner until our new goalkeeper,centre half and centre midfield are signed :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Basil is a Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote: You're asking a lot of questions lately, missy... what you up to? :? :wink:
Are you going to answer or just post photos of yourself all day? :shock: :roll:

:shock:

:wink:
Answer what?? I asked the question??!! :roll: :-P :wink: