Atmosphere v Roma

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Atmosphere v Roma

Post by franksav63 »

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good last night. It tailed off somewhat in the 2nd half, but from where I was in block 7, it was up there with the best this season.

Also heard alot of singing from the East side, what did you think?

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

The first 15 minutes was fantastic!

Then we reverted back to type and decided to tell the Italians how much we hate a small no-mark club up the road.

They were fucking loud when they did pipe up.

8)

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

was definately good atmosphere wise. the second half did tail off, but i suspect that was more out of frustration rather than no one being bothered, an hour of chanting with only a penalty for a goal when it shoud have been more, doesn't help crowd moral or energy.

the roma fans gave as good as they got, only heard them couple of times over our own noise.

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

I was in Block 19 and the atmosphere seemed pretty good. Some of the Roma fans were getting a bit upset by some of the abuse they were getting...................Shame :lol: Still I am sure it will be nothing compared to the abuse we will get in a fortnights time :roll:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Are you an Gus"y going wayno?

NBM

Post by NBM »

Great atmosphere last night, my voice is still hurting.

Any money it reverts to its usual level of ***** on saturday though :roll:

Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Yes indeed we are ****'y, you should have got yourself a ticket and joined us.

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

I really hope you have a great time ok.

Alex

Post by Alex »

Another absolutely shocking atmosphere. You lot must live in cloud-koo-koo-land.

Cringe moment when David Pleat said on TV "a full house here & its always a great atmosphere when there's a full house"

well we have a full house every week & its always a shit atmosphere David...no need to be so f*cking patronising you Spud.

there was a vague bit of singing the first 10 minutes, the usual boring '& its arsenal, arsenal fc...." & the Roma fans a few times. The second half you could here a pin drop.

If people think that was a good atmosphere, its no wonder we're the laughing stock of the premiership

Mikegooner87i

Post by Mikegooner87i »

Alex wrote:Another absolutely shocking atmosphere. You lot must live in cloud-koo-koo-land.

Cringe moment when David Pleat said on TV "a full house here & its always a great atmosphere when there's a full house"

well we have a full house every week & its always a shit atmosphere David...no need to be so f*cking patronising you Spud.

there was a vague bit of singing the first 10 minutes, the usual boring '& its arsenal, arsenal fc...." & the Roma fans a few times. The second half you could here a pin drop.

If people think that was a good atmosphere, its no wonder we're the laughing stock of the premiership
Sounded good to me from block 11.... Drifted down in the second half to due plenty of nerves and frustrations but a shite load better then it was on the weekend and against the spammers.... and you complain about the arsenal fc song but its the only song that the whole stadium joins in to and it sounds fucking wicked when the whole stadium sings it....

Fuck me... i know in some aspects the negativaty cant be avoided but for fucks sake lighten up! The atmposphere was good, and well done to 60,004 who made it good.

EC3

Post by EC3 »

Alex were you at the game?

tinpot lane

Post by tinpot lane »

Mikegooner87i wrote:
Alex wrote:Another absolutely shocking atmosphere. You lot must live in cloud-koo-koo-land.

Sounded good to me from block 11.... Drifted down in the second half to due plenty of nerves and frustrations but a shite load better then it was on the weekend and against the spammers.... and you complain about the arsenal fc song but its the only song that the whole stadium joins in to and it sounds fucking wicked when the whole stadium sings it....

Fuck me... i know in some aspects the negativaty cant be avoided but for fucks sake lighten up! The atmposphere was good, and well done to 60,004 who made it good.
that song sums up our support

:x

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

were you at the game. ??

its obvious the grove is never gonna get the terrace atmosphere, with the corporates and the tourists its never gonna be absolutely rocking.

but compared with some of the other games this season the atmosphere was great, thats the only comparison we can use, to compare with other teams/grounds anywhere else is not like for like.

we are not in cockoo land, its an honest assesment from the game. if you really think its shit, do soemthing about it.

Nice_Guy

Post by Nice_Guy »

With respect if you werent there & are going on the TV you cant fully comment.

Mikegooner87i

Post by Mikegooner87i »

tinpot lane wrote:
Mikegooner87i wrote:

that song sums up our support

:x
you know what i can go into a full blown rant, but i wont....