Gerard Gould - Shame on you.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
martbarn

Gerard Gould - Shame on you.

Post by martbarn »

Look, everyone was pissed off with the result yesterday, but to call Wenger the third best manager in the country is absolutely ridiculous.

Who's better then?

Ferguson - He only won the league when United were the richest club - Soon as they could be out spent - No more trpohies. People keep going on about our European record, but 1 European Cup in 13 consecutive CL appearences, with a £20 million/year spending budget? Pitiful. However, even Fergie is better than..........

Mourinho - Winning 2 domestic league titles spending in excess of £200 million does not a great manager make. Ranerii came second and got to the semi-final of the CL with unlimited spending and he was clueless. Yes he won the CL with Porto, knocking out a fading United (who should have gone through - Remember Scholes' disallowed goal) and NOBODY else of any note.

Constructive critiscism is all well and good, but remember who you support........

Hatfield Red

Post by Hatfield Red »

Agree that GG post was a knee jerk reaction. Ultimately whatever happens we should get behind the team. If we finsh 1st, 3rd or 10th. Many Arsenal fans have been spoilt under Wenger. Cast your mind back to the football played under George Graham and the players in that last season Glenn Helder, David Hillier Ian selley etc.

The cameras will be at the Grove on Sunday for our first big game of the season, lets really get behind the team and create an atmosphere that lifts Henry and Co. I am sure with Eboue and clichy flying down the wings we can get a result.

In terms of the best manager in the premiership in my opinion that would be Paul Jewell, an eye for a player, with limited funds and inspires his teams in front of about 10 people and a dog.

Wenger is a great manager who has one two doubles, he does not become a fool overnight, at least wait until halfway through the season until you throw your toys out of the pram.

We all live in a Perry Groves world.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Where would Chelski be without the russians millions? Anyone can buy a title. Wenger has given us trophies and the best football ever seen played in this country on a shoestring. We cannot compete with Chelski because they have tons of money. My advice to the moaners is to piss off to Shite Hart Lane then you will have something to moan about.

legend10

Post by legend10 »

so gerard gould i take it when arsene has his testimonial game you will be giving up your ticket for that 1 of course

or probably sell it for monkey