Behaviour of the public??

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

Arsenal have finished third in the Fair Play League for 2008/09.
The tables are compiled from marks awarded by The Premier League Match Delegates and are based on a number of criteria, including positive play and respect for referees.
Prize money of £30,000 is awarded to the club finishing the season at the top of the Fair Play League, with £20,000 going to the club whose supporters are deemed to be the best behaved.

The Arsenal team came 3rd and the Arsenal public came 11th!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... lay-league

Do you think these statistics are fair?
Who marks the fans? :shock:

BT

Post by BT »

Amazing considering I feel we are often punished for any foul. I'd like to see the yellow card to foul ratio for Arsenal. Case in point, Cesc booked for insinuating Drogba dives - booked, Lampard smashes the ball at Flapianski in the same game when deemed offside - not booked. We get 5 bookings against Man U to their none. etc etc.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

These fair play things are extremely annoying, with the majority of it based on opinion. I notice we are highest scorers for positive play. I would suggest this has been the most negative we have played under Wenger across a whole season!

To think that some teams get a place in Europe because of this nonsense. What a farce.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

that HAS to be bollocks because spartak small-time are top and it includes respect of officials!

the bottom 2 make interesting reading though: brown and allardyce, what a surprise

12thGooner

Post by 12thGooner »

its a load of bollox, but going back to what basil said, if a team gets a place in europe based on this, the first team down the list that isn't already in there is the scum..

don't tell me they get into europe now. :banghead:

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

I don't think so. Teams get in from the leagues which have the best overall record, which this year includes Scotland

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 039270.stm

Presumably if Spurs were going to get in we would have heard from their supporters by now about how Harry is a Magician.

digger

Post by digger »

Our are supporters badly behaved? :?

We probably stand less than other teams. Don't remember too many big incidents where it "kicked off" at an Arsenal game. I reckon the Villa fan (deservedly) getting chucked down the stairs head first and the "indimidating" atmosphere vs Liverpool added to it.

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

I pissed my self laughing when I saw we we're the 11th for fans. :shock: :oops: :lol: how can we be 11th maybe we leave too many hot dog wrappers or nacho trays on the floor :roll:

digger

Post by digger »

Text LITTERBUG and your location to 80AFC :lol:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Yeah, I saw that too.... 11th?? Everton 4th?? :shock:

I can only imagine that the police and local councils aren't given a vote, because SURELY scousers cause a lot more trouble up and down the country than Arsenal??!!! :?

Must be our Club Level "firm" throwing prawn sandwiches at the away fans :roll: :wink: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

How can those ChavC*ntScumbags possibly be second - especially the way they Always crowd around the ref fucking unbelievable.... :banghead: