Is this what Pardew said to rile Arsene? (Online Ed, 15 Nov)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Is this what Pardew said to rile Arsene? (Online Ed, 15 Nov)

Post by gooner.ed »

Here's a response to the piece I was emailed through the website...

Dear Ed

Just been reading through the article regarding Arsene and Pards, I have to say seems a somewhat biast opinion.

As my son was actually sat next to the dug out working for sky sports I questioned him about what was said when the incident occurred, and although he did not to hear anything himself. He informed me nothing of the sort was said. Apparentley it is standard practice for sky to place microphones in the area surrounding the dugout, and the f.a. have already asked for sky to produce the recording of the incident with the crowd noise removed. I am sure you've heard managers cheering on sky sports when the flash to them after a goal and i am afraid to say it is a straight forward as it seems Wenger had issues with the way Pards was celebrating and pushed him in frustration and they both squared up to each other - simple as.

Also i am certainly sure any referee even D'Urso would have sent Pardew straight up to the stands for that kind of incident, why cover it up?

Regards

Mr Palaver

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

A West Ham supporting friend of mine said that he has it on good authority that Pardew said "Made in England" after the goal.

Whatever was said though, let's all move on, in agreement that it was great to see Wenger act with real passion on the touchline and that West Ham will struggle to stay up this season.

Tom Trewick