Inside the belly of club level

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bookanengineer

Inside the belly of club level

Post by bookanengineer »

Just in response to today's topic about Drinking with Spurs fans ...

I was fortunate enough to get invited to a seat in the club level for the Newcastle home game, and it doesn't take long to realise what is happening with these "fans".

Rather than being poor fans, they're not fans at all. I was with 7 other guys, none of which were genuine Arsenal fans, some were interested in football, others not at all. Whilst I was there, I talked with other groups which belonged to large companies, and these groups consisted of members of staff who were fortunate enough to have be invited, rather than being fans of football, arsenal fans etc.

What you get is a buffet, and you can eat as much as you like of the rather nice food .. if you'd put your mind to it, the facilities were there to make a rather nice prawn sandwich.

At halftime, the club put out huge tables of ready-poured lager, I was also told there was a table of ready-poured Jack Daniels, and also coffee. Again, if you put your mind to it, you could get rather drunk on the free booze for much of the second half. For people there on a fun day out, with no interest in football, it's one temptation too many, and they don't return for the second half (not to mention leaving before the end of the first).

So I think the fans need to stop giving this too much thought, there's nothing we can do to encourage these people to stay, to be loyal, at least half have little or no interest in the game. The club have sold it's soul to the devil in one respect, but then we all want a beautiful stadium, and fantastic footballers, we've got that, we, the genuine fans, and the players, have now got to understand that these people help make this possible, and we can't ask more than that.

Club Level

Post by Club Level »

I take it you won't use Club Level again, maybe its just me, but my experience of club level is nothing like you mentioned.