Early Leavers

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

we play the last 10 mins of everygame with 40,000 in the stadium, lock the doors and everyone who wants to beat the fukin queue 4 the train should have to give up their membership cards b4 being let out. Oh and any of those club level pricks who prefer a free beer rather than watching the second half come outside give me your ticket and ill watch the second half for you!!!!

ganpati23

Spare a thought

Post by ganpati23 »

My dad is in his 70s and lives in the suburbs. He's had a season ticket since going with his dad from 1947-. My mum, also in her 70s, will celebrate their Golden wedding anniversary with him this March. My mum has to drive to the station to pick him up after the games, and generally has early-ish nights 'cos she's got courses every weekday morning.

My dad leaves the midweek games at 87 mins cos that's the difference between getting back at 10:45 and 11:45, though whichever one of my brother or me's with him will stay to the end (just like he does at weekends and did at Highbury) cos we both live in town.

As you all think this is a lynching offence, please tell me what you think I should tell him...

1) Stay the last few minutes, and stress out his wife of 50 years.
2) Sell their home of 30 years and move back to Islington.
3) Give up his season ticket of 60 years (and his major pleasure in retirement) cos he's a plastic fan and a c**t to boot.

Please let me know

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

Come on now...im sure most people can see the sense in your dad's situation.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

ganpati, O.K. YOUR dad's in his 70's but you ain't learnt nothing if you REALLY BELIEVE that any of these comments aimed at early leavers is a slight on your Father. Say 20,000 leave before the final whistle. HOW MANY of them do you think is in your Father's position??. I'TS ABOUT the 20 year old geezer and his mates that walk past me and others like me!!!!!. THAT'S WHO we're on about!!. Yeah mate, we're really going to have a go at blokes in their twighlight years that have been coming before since most of us were BORN! It's just stupid, do you honestly believe we'd have a go at an Arsenal fan in his 70's. I REALLY don't get the POINT of your comment. Is it that we should leave ALL early leavers alone because there might happen to be an elderly gentleman among them who has to get back to his wife of 50 years??. Surely your dad would UNDERSTAND the difference, especially as he's been coming for so long??.

ganpati23

Fair Play

Post by ganpati23 »

I know what you mean. I've never left early. I almost did when the Chavs scored the winner in the CL cos I was so angry, but I just went to the bogs for a couple of mins and came back before the final whistle.

All I'm saying is that you don't know everyone's situation. Yeah 90+% are as you make out, especialy in the rich seats, and it's a disgrace. And it's always a joke going before half time. If you're gonna be hungry and don't want to queue, bring a sarnie. After dealing with the queues on my first visit to the new gaff, I vowed never again and now get an M&S Smoked Salmon sarnie. Nicer than prawn, cheaper than pies, no queue.

But just like I can eat a Seafood sarnie, despite what Roy Keane says, without being a plastic (less plastic, in some ways, cos I'm 100% there to applaud the team off and on at HT), I'm just saying that a (very) small %age of those leaving early midweek may, like my dad, have a valid reason.

He gives 8pm kick-off tickets to me or my brothers mates cos he won't miss 15-20 mins at the end. But just be careful who you have a go at. It's very bourgeois where we are unfortunately, so no-one gives my dad shit. Quite a few c***s have already left anyway. But I know that it would hurt him to be slagged off by the crowd he's given 60yrs to, and I bet there are a few others (a small minority, admitedly) in the same situation as him

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i wonder how many left early yesterday ? :lol:

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

The joys of being so smug!!!!!!!!!!
To all the early leavers,

Tel has just sent you a great big

" F**K you very much for your loyal support
See you again for another action packed 80 minutes next week!!!"

AFC
C'mon

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Any early leavers might want to read the following article on Arsenal.com Interesting stats you may wish to consider.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... ng+it+late

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Great even the club website is having a polite dig at the early leavers. However due to the scoreline there wasn't really that many on Sunday that I noticed anyway - or maybe I was just concentrating on the match!

I did notice the two behind me go off before half-time.

dean

Post by dean »

Damn you early leavers, Give me your ticket, havnt been to a game since about 2000 when we beat utd 3-0 in the carling cup, i do beleive it was a wiltord hat-trick.

By the sounds of it not only do Arsenal have the best pitch in the prem play the best football but we may now also lay claim to having the best damn pies :P

Arsenal Youth for the Carling cup :D

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

dean wrote: By the sounds of it not only do Arsenal have the best pitch in the prem play the best football but we may now also lay claim to having the best damn pies :P

and at those prices i should bloody well hope so! tried a cheeseburger for £4 once at the new stadium. will never buy food in that place again unless i am physically starving. bloody awful it was. but to charge that kind of money and serve up such rubbish - bloody liberty. :x

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

my burger was OK
(hope it wasn't made out of a real arm and a leg)