Sunderland supporters

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
safcftm

Post by safcftm »

REBEL GOONER wrote:always had a soft spot for sunderland as do a lot of irish people over one of there greatest players ever been from cork, safcftm will know of him.

charlie hurley ....

ftm

fuck the mags :barscarf:
who's the greatest centre half the world has ever seen,
Charlie Hurley is his name
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie Hurley

Legend :barscarf:

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

safcftm wrote:
REBEL GOONER wrote:always had a soft spot for sunderland as do a lot of irish people over one of there greatest players ever been from cork, safcftm will know of him.

charlie hurley ....

ftm

fuck the mags :barscarf:
who's the greatest centre half the world has ever seen,
Charlie Hurley is his name
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie Hurley

Legend :barscarf:
spelled 'tony adams' wrong there mate... :wink:

Reg Niseth

Post by Reg Niseth »

I have a coachload staying over in Herts on Saturday night, will be taking them down the BR before the game.

Have known this lot for over 20 years.

At that game in '91 we were staying in the Mowbray Park Hotel. They came back with us for a few light ales and some townies decided they wanted to dance with us. Our mackems soon made it known that if they wanted us, they had to go through them first.

dreadai

Post by dreadai »

I have a soft spot for sunderland as I went to Uni, and lived there for 9 years. Nice place, nice people, good club with good community work too. I got a matchday job at the stadium of light so I could watch the Gunners play too ... The days of Peter Reid, Super Kevin Phillips and Niall Quinn's disco pants. Though to do remember being most in awe of seeing how f*cking tall Steve Bould was ...

But yeah good club, good town, good fans. I once stood in the Roker end at Roker park in '96 when Bergkamp scored 'that' curling goal from the edge of the box. Tried really hard not to cheer, but loads of the makems around us were golf clapping 'quality football' afterwards. Not many places would applaud a good goal from the opposition.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Yes the Mackems are a damn good bunch!! I'm glad I started this thread :lol: :lol:

But I won't be so glad if Sunderland have one of those "blinding" matches next week - you know the one, where every shot hits a leg and the keeper gets a hand to everything before their one scuffed shot of the 90 minutes hits a bright red beach ball and nestles in the net.

If that happens I shall beat myself with a wet copy of the Matchday Programme and apologise to all fellow Gooners for "putting the f**king mockers on it" as my old Mum used to say. She did like swearing

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

hatemanu99 wrote:Not had much direct experience of the Mackems but I can say the people of the north-east in general are awesome. I was at uni in Newcastle and went to all our games up there. Wore my Arsenal shirt around town and always had good banter with the Geordies as well as a few beers. I'll always remember the '98 cup final when we played footy with them in the Wembley car park and the beers after.

Look forward to welcoming the Mackems down too.
I've had some great times away to Newcastle and Sunderland, and will be doing the Great North Run from Newcastle (probably more Gateshead really....) to South Shields for the 3rd year running in September....and even my missus wouldn't deny me a celebrity shag with Cheryl lets face it, I bet Cashley doesn't get a look in these days....not that it bothers him), but I fucking hate Middlesbrough. Don't know what the new place is like, but their fans were like shit in the Ayresome Park toilet!