Sol on Saturday

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Trevheff

Sol on Saturday

Post by Trevheff »

Out of interest guys, what do we anticipate the reception being for Sol on Saturday? I for one plan to give him a good reception. Ok the way he left wasn't ideal, he did hoodwink Arsene somewhat (but if no foreign club wanted him what could he do??) and yes he did leave us in the sh*t last season - but he certainly hasn't done a Cashley on us. Furthermore I think his time had come and it was best for Arsenal that he moved on.

More than anything, I will be eternally grateful to Sol for giving us the greatest bragging & mocking rights of all time. He was captain of the Spuds, they idolised him, he was one of the best centre backs in the world.......and we signed him for free. Christ just imagine how much fun we could have had if he'd won the double in his first season as a Gooner............!!!!!!

He pissed off the Spuds more than any player in their history and he was a massive part in creating Arsenal history - I for one will be singing his name on Saturday. Will anyone be joining me?

(PS. I hope he has a shocker though!!)

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Agreed on both counts...

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Yido... I wanna know..... where your captain went"

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Owes us nothing just for the fact that we took the piss out of the spuds for four years at no expense to our club ( Minus the wages, ahem!!!)
Good on ya sol.

"Oh Sol Campbell,
Scored a F***ing great goal,
For the Arsenal
In the champs league final..

Oh Sol Campbell.......
We never got to say thanks for the moment in the sun in Paris..
Cheers
Sol.
AFC
C'mon

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

apparently he'll be up front!!! Sol done us a great service, but will be interesting to see if he scores how he reacts....Fuck it HE'S NO CASHLEY!
DA DA DA DA SOL'S A GOONER!!!!

Hatfield Red

Post by Hatfield Red »

Trevheff, I too will be giving him a cheer, him and Kolo were a great partnership.

I think he realised that he was not up to the pressure of playing for a big team. He cost nothing and won the double.

I am more intersted to see adabayor and kanu facing each other. Twins seperated at birth. Their laid back sytle drives me nuts!

Stevie Bould has no hair.

donaldo

Sol

Post by donaldo »

The first season Sol joined us we won the double, two years later he was a member of the Invincibles. And dont foget he came back from the nightmare of West Ham last season to play a blinder in the CL final as well as scoring our goal

SOL CAMPBELL IS NOT A CASHLEY GOAL SINCE HE LEFT THE CLUB HE HAS NOT SAID ONE BAD WORD AGAINST THE CLUB.I HOPE HE GREATS A GREAT RECEPTION ON SATURDAY AND WE ALL SING THE SOL CAMPBELL HAS WON THE DOUBLE SONG

ALSO HE BROKE THE SPUDS HEARTS AND THEY STILL HATE HIM EVEN THOUGH HE HAS LEFT THE GOONERS.IF WE SLAG SOL OFF WE WILL BE JUST LIKE THE SCUM FROM THE LANE.

legend10

Post by legend10 »

CANT WAIT FOR SATURDAY ,SOL WAS BRILLIANT FOR US AND IT IT STILL ANNOYS THEM DIRTY FUCKERS FROM UP THE ROAD

SOLS SONG WAS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITES

DOUBLE DOUBLE DOUBLE SOL CAMPELL HAS WON THE DOUBLE AND THE SCUM FROM THE LANE WON FUCK ALL AGAIN SOL CAMPBELL HAS WON THE DOUBLE

SING IT LOUD ON SATURDAY SO THE THEY CAN HERE IT IN SHITE FART LANE

Joshin69

Post by Joshin69 »

Sol at least left with what dignity he had left still intact!. He realised he was losing the plot and got out of the way. I agree that he and Kolo here fantastic in THAT season and wish him the best (except when the Gooners have to play Pompi). Cashly took his dignity through it to the floor and shat on it so screw him & long live Cesc for not having any of it!