Captain Gilberto? Don’t make me laugh (Dec 18)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
ingwar

Post by ingwar »

Thanks Ed,

Since this is first time after your advice, I will try right now!

Best wishes in 2007 to you and all Gooners,

ARSENAL-SERBIA.COM

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

I just thought John Corso might be interested in what Phil Thomas had to say in the Sun Supergoals on the Monday following our 3-1 F.A Cup win at Anfield. Quote- "The best holding midfielder in the country and showed it again." Now this blokes JOB is to travel around the country and report on matches, he's probably seen more games than Corso has told lies, and he's coming from an unbiased point of view.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Happy Days eh!. Corso you must be doing backflips around your Hovel, you finally got what you wanted. Gilberto will miss the Prem Match against Manure, Carling Match against the Spuds and the F.A Cup match against Bolton. Shit mate, you must have one of those smiles that doesn't go away. Because at the end of the day Corso, your 'Article' says we're a better Team without Gilberto. Well fuck me mate, we're going to piss these games then!!. How does it feel to be that stupid, or are you so stupid you don't understand.

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

gooner.ed, i've noticed that Corsos' Article is not on the website anymore. Is it possible to bring it back??. I would think anyone who hasn't read it would like to, and plus, i haven't pissed myself laughing for a while. -edit- Don't worry gooner.ed, i've just found it. If anyone wants to read it, it's under the Archives section-18 Dec 2006..... let's all laugh at CORSO, let's all laugh at CORSO, la laa la laa.......................

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

IMHO Gilberto has performed exceptionally as captain while henry was resting and will definitely be missed in the Man-ure game.

having said this there is only one thing that prohibits Henry from being captain and that is his position. It is a practically impossible to lead from the front, how can you play football it you're constantly looking over your shoulder to make sure that the team keeps it's shape. Henry is effectively in a catch 22 situation as captain, if he takes on all his responsibilities as captain then his game will be stifled, whereas if he performs to his full ability then his duties as captain may be neglected causing the team as a whole to suffer. We have players who can take up the arm band but there is only one Thierry Henry.

Personally i think that with Gilberto suspended Toure should get the captaincy for the ManUrinals game (in the long term i would like to see him as captain anyway)

This will probably not happen and Henry will almost certainly be Captain next week. I only hope that he proves my ramblings here look ridiculous with shitloads of goals against the mancscum.

Victoria Concordia Crescit

archiks

Post by archiks »

I agree that a forward shouldnt be captain but a couple of examples may prove myself otherwise. Like Cantona and Shearer?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

archiks wrote:I agree that a forward shouldnt be captain but a couple of examples may prove myself otherwise. Like Cantona and Shearer?
who were both c*nts.

Toure or Gilberto should be Captain. the team needs spirit and encoragement from teh back or the middle not the front. end of.