THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: THE NORTHBANKBREN TV SHOW THREAD

Post by StuartL »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:35 pm
StuartL wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:58 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:44 pm
Just watched the first 3 episodes of "The Rings Of Power" (No it has noting to do with Bubble Bath Night at Rodders) on Amazon Prime.

I wasn't sure after episode 1, but it gets good very quickly from then on in... and Definitely better than the "All or Nothing" documentary about Light Bulbs and recorded scousers etc...
Is it about a pop supergroup consisting of Elton John,George Micheal,Boy George and Marc Almond?
Wasn’t that the Bum Boy 4 ?
Changed that for you mate :oops: :shock: :lol:
It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it. :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:08 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:35 pm
StuartL wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:58 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:56 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:44 pm
Just watched the first 3 episodes of "The Rings Of Power" (No it has noting to do with Bubble Bath Night at Rodders) on Amazon Prime.

I wasn't sure after episode 1, but it gets good very quickly from then on in... and Definitely better than the "All or Nothing" documentary about Light Bulbs and recorded scousers etc...
Is it about a pop supergroup consisting of Elton John,George Micheal,Boy George and Marc Almond?
Wasn’t that the Bum Boy 4 ?
Changed that for you mate :oops: :shock: :lol:
It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it. :barscarf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Whilst the Qatari Catastrophe Corrupt Cup has been going on, I watched this Excellent Crime Drama Series based in Tokyo on BBC iPlayer (available for 5 months from November).

The story is loosely based on the memoirs of a young American Journalist who moved to Japan / Tokyo to work as a Crime Journalist on one of the countries Top Daily Newspapers.... Aaaaanyhoooo!

I can highly recommend it - only 8 Episodes... but easily binge watchable Michael Mann is part of the Exec Producers team and it shows... very slick etc. It starts off slow but with each episode it gets better ... and better...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p ... 1-the-test

8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A new comedy series on BBC iPlayer... "Our Flag Means Death" (Pirates on the high Seas) Only watched the Pilot show so far but Very Funny... and worth a gander:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p ... -1-1-pilot

8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I don't know if there are any other Detectorists fans out there... The BBC TV Series about a group of Detectorists etc IMO THE Best thing ever to be shown on the Beeb.

Anyhoo since watching and becoming a fan of that series, I have done a bit of reading (Yes! I can read) and then watched a film on Netflix called The Dig which is based on a book of the same title by and it is all about when the Sutton Hoo Treasure/s were first discovered and excavated just prior to WW2

Sorry I know this is long winded..but

A replica of the Viking ship uncovered at Sutton Hoo is under construction and the BBC have done an article on it..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-64030439

Amazing! 8)

I can Highly recommend the film "The Dig" - Ralph Fiennes acts out of his socks...and If you haven't seen The Detectorists do yourself a Huge favour and do so....

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:14 pm
I don't know if there are any other Detectorists fans out there... The BBC TV Series about a group of Detectorists etc IMO THE Best thing ever to be shown on the Beeb.

Anyhoo since watching and becoming a fan of that series, I have done a bit of reading (Yes! I can read) and then watched a film on Netflix called The Dig which is based on a book of the same title by and it is all about when the Sutton Hoo Treasure/s were first discovered and excavated just prior to WW2

A replica of the Viking ship uncovered at Sutton Hoo is under construction and the BBC have done an article on it..

Amazing! 8)

I can Highly recommend the film "The Dig" - Ralph Fiennes acts out of his socks...and If you haven't seen The Detectorists do yourself a Huge favour and do so....
Watched the film the Dig and have also been to Sutton Hoo as it’s in Suffolk and fairly local. ( National Trust site if anyone is a member )
Very interesting site, they have a replica of the gold mask there and it’s a fair way inland from.the river, so I guess the landscape has changed a bit over all these years.

https://www.britishmuseum.org/collectio ... sutton-hoo

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:50 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:14 pm

Amazing! 8)

Watched the film the Dig and have also been to Sutton Hoo as it’s in Suffolk and fairly local. ( National Trust site if anyone is a member )
Very interesting site, they have a replica of the gold mask there and it’s a fair way inland from.the river, so I guess the landscape has changed a bit over all these years.

https://www.britishmuseum.org/collectio ... sutton-hoo
Thanks for the link Stuart, I am intending to visit the Sutton Hoo site this coming Summer. Also Myself and some friends (ex-Uni) are doing a long week-end in London with a Visit to the National Museum a definite.

What did you think of the film The Dig?

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Been streaming "life on mars" series 1, what a great show, the tongue in cheek portrayal of 70's policing, the brilliant plot to the whole series, the great performances from John Simms and Philip Glenister!
Has to be one of my all time favourite shows😎

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A New One Off Programme on Channel 4

I cannot recommend this enough Frankie (Boyle) in his very dead pan way cuts the royal family and the very notion of royalty to shreds, to the point where whilst laughing out loud at what he says , there is also that part of you thinking Holy SHIT Did they actually let him say that on TV! And how the fuck is he not in the Tower of London awaiting execution!

Simply brilliant, especially for those who regard the Royal Family as Reptiles and the Billions they have stashed away as being an ongoing act of Thiefdom and Criminality.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/fra ... /74165-001

Enjoy!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:50 pm

I cannot recommend this enough Frankie (Boyle) in his very dead pan way cuts the royal family and the very notion of royalty to shreds, to the point where whilst laughing out loud at what he says , there is also that part of you thinking Holy SHIT Did they actually let him say that on TV! And how the fuck is he not in the Tower of London awaiting execution!

Simply brilliant, especially for those who regard the Royal Family as Reptiles and the Billions they have stashed away as being an ongoing act of Thiefdom and Criminality.

Enjoy!
Oh I fucking enjoyed that! :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frankie still got it. 8)

I'm still not sure how he got some of that dialogue past Channel Four's lawyers! :shock: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 9:35 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 2:50 pm

Enjoy!
Oh I fucking enjoyed that! :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frankie still got it. 8)

I'm still not sure how he got some of that dialogue past Channel Four's lawyers! :shock: :lol:
I was thinking the same thing, obviously some huge chunks of truth in there amongst the Scything Wit & Humour. :D (Even going so far as to mention the figure of £12Million re: Prince Pedo)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm not even a Snooker fan, but I came across this on You Tube quite by chance and it is well Funny / Entertaining: - I don't even know which game they are re-visiting as I don't watch snooker, but apparently it was a famous game ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwgkT7f0uI

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For anyone who thinks the Royal Serpents spending over £100 million on the Coronation (that's Co - Ron - Aeation) is a disgusting waste of the tax payers conga - Check this out:

Harry Enfield's One Off Special of The Windsors... Be prepared to Laugh Out Loud... And whilst it is a piss-take it is also So Accurate it is scary...

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/the ... /75357-001