Does any team share goals around as much as us?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Trevheff

Does any team share goals around as much as us?

Post by Trevheff »

Until recently we've been struggling for regular goal scorers. With Thierry applying bandages, until RVP's, Adebayors and of course stand in captain marvels recent burst of form, no one has really contributed heavily. With Bobby gone and Freddie fading, it seemed we no longer had a stand out candidate to get us 20+ goals on their own. In the past this would have been a major problem, however we have spread goals around the team this season more than ever before. I can't believe that any other team in the country has had as many different scorers as us this year. To date, in all competitions and in no particular order, the following have found the back of the net;

Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Cesc, Gilberto, Flamini, Aliadiere, Toure, Eboue, Gallas, Rosiscky, Hleb, Freddie, Baptista.

Have I missed anyone? We just need young Theo to add his name to the list now!!

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

Spreading the goal tally out is a good omen if we want to win the league...I seem to remember Man U bragging about a spread goal tally when they first started winning the league, as it meant goals came from everywhere and they didnt have to rely on one person. I think the last time we one the league, our second top scorer Robert Pires ended up with the third highest goal tally in the league.

Also, I REALLY REALLY dont agree with those who say we should sell Thiery Henry because we are scoring goals all over now. Yes we usually play around him but I think he should bring his goals and skills into the team and fit in.