Away pub at Anfield?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
elpelsarmy

Away pub at Anfield?

Post by elpelsarmy »

Need some advice!
Im going to Anfield on saturday for the first time and dont know where the away pub is for before the match. Ive been to Goodison loads of times and have always drank in the big pub on the corner at the top of the big car park right outside the Kop which is fine for when Everton are playing but will obviously be a "home" pub on saturday!!
Please advise as ive just come back from holiday and quite like the way i look at the moment!!!! Cheers

Gooner_mojo

Post by Gooner_mojo »

Just go drinking in the city centre mate, thats what me and my lot are doing, and a taxi only costs a fiver to the ground!

legend10

Post by legend10 »

WHICHEVER PUB YOU GO IN DONT FORGET TO LOOK AFTER YOUR WALLET

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Did you find a decent boozer :?: I have never been in a pub near Anfield or Goodison just the big Wetherspoons and a pub just outside Lime St Station and the Coopers bar inside the station.

As I drove up the weather didn't help both between two pick-ups and on the m1/m6 so despite leaving with plently of time I didn't actually park up with alot of spare time.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

No, it would appear that theres not really any pubs to go to around the ground[ but there is when Everton are at home????] so we ended up in an ONEILLS in the city centre then had a couple in the stadium.

Rilo

Post by Rilo »

I aimed for a pub called arkles on the corner of anfield road. It is listed on redaction's website as the main away pub on matchdays. Got in there and it certainly is not an away pub.

had a quick pint in there, but because we were wearing colours and getting a few looks, my mate didnt want to stay so we went into the ground very early.

Was a good idea in the end, there was a great atmos in the concourse right up to kick off, and decent priced beer. was a good laugh