A.W. RED & WHITE ARMY

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
elpelsarmy

A.W. RED & WHITE ARMY

Post by elpelsarmy »

Great atmosphere on saturday which us Gooners played our part in making, we didnt stop for 90 mins and it was fantastic, although according to friends who watched it on tele we couldnt be heard??? Did the BBC not put any microphones near us? if so why not?? can anyone confirm that we couldnt be heard, WE WERE FU***N LOUD so how come???
Anyway one thing thats annoying me is that when we sing "Arsene Wengers Red and White Army" why do we speed up the tempo so it peters out after a minute or 2? This is a song which is supposed to go on for 5 or ten minutes, the best ever version of this being at Madrid away when every member of the 5000 Gooners did it for a full 20 mins!!! But this is only possible when the tempo is steady and it sounds fantastic when done correctly so lets NOT speed up. The same thing goes for "RED ARMY" too, slow down, let the chant go round allowing everyone to join in so the team get maximum impact.
Respect to the scousers who applauded us off on saturday, but it was superb to stuff them though!!!

banjoboy

Post by banjoboy »

mate. u could be heard and were very loud as well.
i'm still fucking beaming with delight after that.
with all this talk of we need a new midfielder, we got not balls etc etc i still believe that wenger will make this side into champions.
i really do.

keep the faith

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

elpel mate, you were loud and done us proud. I could hear you lads allright, it sounded like a fantastic game to be at atmosphere wise, and the result, well it don't get much better. Let's make it like that in our next home game when manure visit. SUPER, SUPER TOM...................

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Nice one mate, my mates who said they couldnt hear us must have been winding me up! bastards!! It would be great to think we could make that kind of atmosphere at home and why not? theres enough of us there now after all. if we cant get up and loud for a game against manure then theres no chance!!!
COME ON U GUNNERS!!!

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Good work lads... although, to be completely honest, it wasn't as loud as I have heard on other away games I didn't attend and had to watch on the telly.

I am sure this is down to the merseyside mafia (Hansen, Lawro, etc) strategically placing mics in the kop end!

Although whenever it swicthed to the fans you could see the passion

Bring on Man Ure

Rilo

Post by Rilo »

I got a text from a friend of mine who stayed in london at half time saying "come on gooners, make some noise"

I couldnt beleive it because it was the best away atmosphere I've seen/heard for a long time (granted i dont go away all that often)

was impressed with the scousers for the first 10 minutes. after their 6 minutes protest the place was deafening