Thoughts on Bolton in the cup...?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooneroonie

Thoughts on Bolton in the cup...?

Post by Gooneroonie »

When that stupid bird pulled the Bolton ball out to play us in the 4th round I was initially a bit deflated as, for one, it means putting out another full strength side (hopefully).

However, now I have had 10 mins to digest it, I can't wait to get them to The (Perry) Grove as payback for everything that has gone on away from home in the last few seasons. With the crowd letting the referee know exactly what isn't acceptable, Nob Head Nolan and the rest of the gang shouldn't be able to get away with as much nonsense.

Hopefully we will stand up to them more this time also... a battling performance against the scousers gives me hope we are not as lightweight as I was starting to believe.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Stupid bird :?: Who was it Claire Tomlinson :lol:

Revenge will be sweet as the first FA Cup match at the Emirates.

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Guys I doubt uncle Arsene will put a full strength team out. He wants to win the cup but it isn't priority. He'll see Bolton at home as an easier tie to Liverpool away (which it is). Plus he'll want to get in as many rests for key players before the Champions League starts again.

More big names played on Saturday that I anticipated, however I think this was partly a combination of having little choice with injuries and suspensions plus giving players extra minutes on the pitch who have been out recently.

All that said, as long as the ref does his job and clamps down on the Bolton thugs (too many to name) the team we put out should see us through.

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

Hopefully we will be a stronger team than the fairys who played at the Reebok and lost.

I hope we stick it to them physically and have the last laugh of the season between the two teams.

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

My initial reaction when i heard the draw was fu*k it bloody bolton but then i remembered we have a half decent record agoanst them in the fa cup plus it will be their first visit to the grove so lets intimidate them off the pitch like they did us on at the reebok

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

That was my exact thought when we got Bolton. 'shit here we go again'. When you think about it though, we want to knock that poor excuse for a 'football' team out. We owe them one or ten and this is there only chance of silverware, so bring it on. I F###ING HATE ALLERDYCE.

liam bradys left foot

maybe the ground staff could put netting dangling from the bowl roof to stop big fat sams bunch off hoofers playing their attractive route one football, a nice 5-0 fruming will make up for a few things and lets not forget le sulk will be coming with them

"chim chimerney chim chimerney chim chim cheru
fuck off anelka coz weve got abu. diaby, diaby,diaby"

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I hope Arsene puts a full strength side out, there will be few things better this year than watching Arsenal being the first team to lift the cup in the new wembley stadium.

a fitting way to crown the stadium methinks.

:twisted:

liam bradys left foot

that would be fantastic to go to the new wembley and stick it all over who ever we play but chances are most of us season ticket holders wont get to go because of the free beer guzzling,prawn sandwich eating corporate tw@s get prefernece over us loyal fans, hmmmmmmmmm : :shock:

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

Cannot wait for le sulk to come to AG, anyone know if this game will be on our season tickets.

liam bradys left foot

yes its on the season tickets all games up to the quarter finals are

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

We cant let the boys get 'darked up' by Bolton again. We are at home for this game so if Bolton get physical we have to get behind the team and tell them to get tough too.

I hate seeing us lose out in a physical battle - f*cking get STUCK IN!!

ihabib14

Post by ihabib14 »

bolton will be easy meat wenever they come to the emirtaes and our best 11 will be on the pitch so no worries

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

Let's just hope the ref does his job as I'm sick of seeing Fat Sam's bunch of human threshing machines get away with chopping our players to the deck with impunity.

Yes, our players need to be able to look after themselves against the more "physical" (i.e. talentless and dirty) sides, but the officials have to allow us to play football.

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

I think we have to earn the right to play football... lets fucking let them know we are there from the first minute on and off the pitch!!!!