Wenger Is The Man For Arsenal FC

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Cesc is God

Wenger Is The Man For Arsenal FC

Post by Cesc is God »

http://www.arsenalinsider.com/arsenal-n ... -in-arsene
by MIKE HARVEY I have always been a big fan of Arsene Wenger, since he came to Highbury in 1996. Since his arrival, we've won 3 league titles, 4 FA cups, we've reached 2 European finals and most impressively, he created a team that went an entire league season unbeaten.

The man is a genius. In football terms, as well as academically - and his love for the game is second to none. When you employ someone like this, you've always got a good chance of producing a successful team.

But not only has he created successful football teams, he's also produced some of the best football I have ever seen. The invincibles of 2004 were simply incredible, and excluding Barcelona, it's hard to say another team could match them.

However, Arsene has had his critics - some of which belong to the Arsenal contingent. At times, I feel I can understand the criticism - like his substitutions at times, and more recently, his decision to make 8 changes in the team for the Wigan game.

But, never have I questioned his position at the club.

Why? Because he is the best man for the job. Not only has he created teams that play mouthwatering football, he has made our club financially stable. The investment for our move to The Emirates, has been successful - to say the least.

With thanks to our income (and our ability to sell a burger and drink for £7), we only have a short time left before our debt is paid off and then, we will be able to compete in the transfer market, without having a mega-rich business, to reply on - hopefully!

I won't get into it now but I firmly believe, we are the last club on this planet that needs Usmanov, Kroenke or anyone else to come in. We can, and will do it on our own.

It makes me proud to think that so many managers labelled "class", are walking the tightrope at the moment. While we have a manager who has given us just under 15 years of success - in terms of trophies, footballing style and of course, financial stability.

We may have not won anything in the last 5 years, but we have been building for our future. Despite it being a rather harsh situation for us fans - although I can't say I haven't enjoyed watching Arsenal during this dry time - we will soon return to our trophy-winning ways.

I know that there were some fans suggesting that we should have replaced Arsene last year, with Carlo Ancelotti from Milan. Of course every fan is allowed their opinion, but I can't hold back saying that I'm feeling pretty smug now!

Wenger may not be perfect. But let's face it, no one is - no matter how green that grass appears to be on the other side...

For Arsenal Football Club, there isn't a better man to manage the club.

Iceman29

Post by Iceman29 »

Oh Dear! The Irish will be after you now

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Bring them on! :wink:

I will accept their views, only if they can name a better man for the job.

Iceman29

Post by Iceman29 »

Cesc is God wrote:Bring them on! :wink:

I will accept their views, only if they can name a better man for the job.
May the lord have mercy on you

Jacky Wilshere

Post by Jacky Wilshere »

im irish and i agree with everything stated in the article.

but i agree with Iceman,i bet it wont go down well on here!! :-P

M-50

Post by M-50 »

Iceman29 wrote:Oh Dear! SOME of The Irish will be after you now
Fixed ur post :tricolour:

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

I see nothing has changed much since I stopped posting here then? :roll:

:lol:

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

This thread is to publicise your blog? Is no-one reading it? :lol:

Pm Flash - he loves blogs.

8)

Perhaps there is a better man for the job, that people in football know about, but the common supporter has very little knowledge of.

But, that would never happen, would it?

:roll: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

CIG whatever names are thrown in your direction there is no proof he will do better than Wenger currently but also there is no way you can say he will do worse....... When Ian Wright broke the goalscoring record for the club i thought that wouldnt be beaten again but within 10 or so years it had gone to Thierry, no one could have predicted that when he signed for us

Its all well and good saying Ancelotti is shit now but he won the chavs there only ever double 7 months ago so you dont turn shit in that short space of time and if he was given time (which i dont think he will be) he probably would turn it around for them.

IMO Wenger is the greatest manager in the history of Arsenal FC but that doesnt mean that at some point he shouldnt be replaced, personally i think last season and this the league has been there for the taking but due to Wenger and his mis-management of signing a decent keeper and a few other things we havent won it, which is pretty fucking shite i think.

Also i fucking hate blogs :heads:

Jacky Wilshere

Post by Jacky Wilshere »

Good to see a link to a positive post regarding our Manager on here for a change!! :-P

cusamano

Post by cusamano »

flash gunner wrote:IMO Wenger is the greatest manager in the history of Arsenal FC but that doesnt mean that at some point he shouldnt be replaced, personally i think last season and this the league has been there for the taking but due to Wenger and his mis-management of signing a decent keeper and a few other things we havent won it, which is pretty fucking shite i think.
exactly!!!

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

marcengels wrote:This thread is to publicise your blog? Is no-one reading it? :lol:

Pm Flash - he loves blogs.

8)

Perhaps there is a better man for the job, that people in football know about, but the common supporter has very little knowledge of.

But, that would never happen, would it?

:roll: :wink:
It's not my blog, just my article. :wink:

I understand, Flash. You're right there. But as far as The Arsenal is concerned as a football club, I couldn't think of any manager that could have done a better job. Not Mourinho, as he's needed huge financial backing.

I also don't feel Red Nose would have done as well as Wenger.

And for me? Fabianski seems to be doing quite well so far. He's performed well, and consistently for a while now. I bet you wouldn't have thought that either! :lol:

Bring Back Pires

Re: Wenger Is The Man For Arsenal FC

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Cesc is God wrote:I have always been a big fan of Arsene Wenger, since he came to Highbury in 1996. Since his arrival, we've won 3 league titles, 4 FA cups, we've reached 2 European finals and most impressively, he created a team that went an entire league season unbeaten.
Come on, tell the truth - this article was written in 2006, wasn't it.

Louder

Re: Wenger Is The Man For Arsenal FC

Post by Louder »

Cesc is God wrote:http://www.arsenalinsider.com/arsenal-n ... -in-arsene
by MIKE HARVEY I have always been a big fan of Arsene Wenger, since he came to Highbury in 1996. Since his arrival, we've won 3 league titles, 4 FA cups, we've reached 2 European finals and most impressively, he created a team that went an entire league season unbeaten.

The man is a genius. In football terms, as well as academically - and his love for the game is second to none. When you employ someone like this, you've always got a good chance of producing a successful team.

But not only has he created successful football teams, he's also produced some of the best football I have ever seen. The invincibles of 2004 were simply incredible, and excluding Barcelona, it's hard to say another team could match them.

However, Arsene has had his critics - some of which belong to the Arsenal contingent. At times, I feel I can understand the criticism - like his substitutions at times, and more recently, his decision to make 8 changes in the team for the Wigan game.

But, never have I questioned his position at the club.

Why? Because he is the best man for the job. Not only has he created teams that play mouthwatering football, he has made our club financially stable. The investment for our move to The Emirates, has been successful - to say the least.

With thanks to our income (and our ability to sell a burger and drink for £7), we only have a short time left before our debt is paid off and then, we will be able to compete in the transfer market, without having a mega-rich business, to reply on - hopefully!

I won't get into it now but I firmly believe, we are the last club on this planet that needs Usmanov, Kroenke or anyone else to come in. We can, and will do it on our own.

It makes me proud to think that so many managers labelled "class", are walking the tightrope at the moment. While we have a manager who has given us just under 15 years of success - in terms of trophies, footballing style and of course, financial stability.

We may have not won anything in the last 5 years, but we have been building for our future. Despite it being a rather harsh situation for us fans - although I can't say I haven't enjoyed watching Arsenal during this dry time - we will soon return to our trophy-winning ways.

I know that there were some fans suggesting that we should have replaced Arsene last year, with Carlo Ancelotti from Milan. Of course every fan is allowed their opinion, but I can't hold back saying that I'm feeling pretty smug now!

Wenger may not be perfect. But let's face it, no one is - no matter how green that grass appears to be on the other side...

For Arsenal Football Club, there isn't a better man to manage the club.
HERE, HERE :teeth:

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz