Denilson - Arsenal don't have any real leaders

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

of course the translation is accurate you morons, I was the one who did it! :barscarf: :barscarf:

brazilianGOONER

BT wrote:The Sun have nicked the story from arseblog and arsenal brasil without any accreditation (its all kicking off on twitter) and are calling it their own exclusive. Shouldnt bother linking the Sun pieces on here.
true. they are *word censored*, this should have been an arsenalbrasil/arseblog exclusive...

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Very poor from The Sun. As a result, other websites have now run it & are crediting The Sun rather than Arsenal Brasil/Arseblog...

This coupled with what Cesc said about Denilson after Leeds did make me think maybe they'd had a bit of a falling out :? Probably all a fuss over nothing though.

EDIT: Just seen that The Sun are now claiming they received the interview before Arseblog :? Think they're trying to get some clarification from Arsenal Brasil. Any ideas BG?!!

brazilianGOONER

Dan_85 wrote:Image

Very poor from The Sun. As a result, other websites have now run it & are crediting The Sun rather than Arsenal Brasil/Arseblog...

This coupled with what Cesc said about Denilson after Leeds did make me think maybe they'd had a bit of a falling out :? Probably all a fuss over nothing though.

EDIT: Just seen that The Sun are now claiming they received the interview before Arseblog :? Think they're trying to get some clarification from Arsenal Brasil. Any ideas BG?!!
yeah, i'm solving that right now. will tell you guys here what happened as soon as i finish that.

Iceman29

Post by Iceman29 »

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

What a wanker! :roll:

Still he has a point but a point which should have kept to himself or at least behind closed doors.

I think we've had this debate before but I know there are examples around Europe but the type of REAL leadership we seek could probably only come from a British player.
English players ARE overhyped but at times I do wish we had a British back bone.

When you look at some of the other clubs the Chavs have Terry & Lumparse, ManU have Duckface & plus a few others, Mousers have Gerrard and Carragher. Even the Sp*ds too with King and Dawson...

Personally I don't see anyone of Theo, Gibbs or Wilshere in that mold.

augie

Post by augie »

I really dont see the problem here :? He has said we are badly missing a real leader (or five) and it is something every single Gooner has been bemoaning for a few years now so what is the problem with it ? Of course denilson said it and he is shit so basically he is wrong ? Would there be this kind of reaction if nasri had of said it ? I dont fcuking think so :roll:

Most of ye have made it crystal clear that ye want denilson out of our club and I have no real problem with that (although I do think he would be a good player in another league/team) but please seperate that issue with the matter in hand cos what he has said here is 100% correct and I dont care if it is seen as a knock against cesc, tv5 and rvp cos they are not proper leaders imo

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

augie wrote:I really dont see the problem here :? He has said we are badly missing a real leader (or five) and it is something every single Gooner has been bemoaning for a few years now so what is the problem with it ? Of course denilson said it and he is shit so basically he is wrong ? Would there be this kind of reaction if nasri had of said it ? I dont fcuking think so :roll:

Most of ye have made it crystal clear that ye want denilson out of our club and I have no real problem with that (although I do think he would be a good player in another league/team) but please seperate that issue with the matter in hand cos what he has said here is 100% correct and I dont care if it is seen as a knock against cesc, tv5 and rvp cos they are not proper leaders imo
My issue is that it looks as if he made his thoughts public. Which is naive and stupid
No matter whoever it was that said it including Nasri, RVP or TV5 it's unprofessional and should have been said behind closed door to Arsene.

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

augie wrote:I really dont see the problem here :? He has said we are badly missing a real leader (or five) and it is something every single Gooner has been bemoaning for a few years now so what is the problem with it ? Of course denilson said it and he is shit so basically he is wrong ? Would there be this kind of reaction if nasri had of said it ? I dont fcuking think so :roll:

Exactly right. As I said before I agree with what he said. However he has no right in saying it. If Nasri said it then I would salute him for having the balls to come out and dare go public.

Denilson should shut his trap and keep quiet as he hasn’t earn the right to dare criticise as he is the 2nd worst player we have.

Its lucky for him we don’t one of those Tony Adams born leader types as they would kick that *word censored* off the pitch and then drag him to the bench and even the bench is to good for players like dencuntson.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Sad to hear it from one of the worst players in our history but it is true and surely can't be ignored any longer. This is why we always bottle it in the big end of season pressure matches!

Ability = no problem!
Attitude = Big problem!!!

The buck on this one stops firmly with Arsene (as usual) because he has moulded every single part of this squad. :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Don't know why everyone is so up in arms about this, even Wenger admitted it after the Wigan debacle -

"Nobody looks from the outside to take really charge of the organisation side. There’s no voice when the organisation drops a little bit, you don’t feel that anybody takes charge on alertness".

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

mikeyb772001 wrote:

Exactly right. As I said before I agree with what he said. However he has no right in saying it. If Nasri said it then I would salute him for having the balls to come out and dare go public.

Denilson should shut his trap and keep quiet as he hasn’t earn the right to dare criticise as he is the 2nd worst player we have.

Its lucky for him we don’t one of those Tony Adams born leader types as they would kick that c**t off the pitch and then drag him to the bench and even the bench is to good for players like dencuntson.
Out of interest who's numero uno? :lol:

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

This is stupid - he is staitng the obvious and in no way is it a dig at Cesc - read the full version on here and you'll see that the guy is actually talking a lot of sense. Pity he doesnt show it on the pitch :D

http://arsenal.theoffside.com/team-news ... right.html#

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Boomer wrote:
mikeyb772001 wrote:

Its lucky for him we don’t one of those Tony Adams born leader types as they would kick that c**t off the pitch and then drag him to the bench and even the bench is to good for players like dencuntson.
Out of interest who's numero uno? :lol:
Barry :wink:

brazilianGOONER

wow, what a storm this interview caused :barscarf: :barscarf:

denilson is a top person, fellas. i dislike his football just like everyone else in here, but i must say that he as a person is a true gentleman. he welcomed us in his home, gave the interview, payed for the taxi for matheus (the guy who did the interview) to get back to his hotel, kept a couple of shirts, got the whole squad to sign the shirts and then gave them back to matheus at the hotel. he was always very helpfull.

as a kid who grew in a favela, lost his mother so early and lost friends to traffic and drug abuse, he is incredibly level headed.

but i will never understand why he made those 'leadership' comments. after the interview ended, we asked him if he would mind us posting it, and he said there was no problem at all.