Inside the old Highbury stadium… one last time (10 Jan)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

One of the best things ive read in a long time.

Living and working locally, ive passed Highbury a couple of times recently and driven up Avenell Road. Its amazing that not so long ago you would look up and see a towering North Bank...now if you stand in the same place and look up, all you can see is sky. This is somewhere where I have literally grown up and spent the best part of 20 odd years visiting consistantly since my dad first took me when I was around 7 years old. Im 27 now and so glad I caught the standing era in the North Bank and being apart of the human tidal (sp??) wave everytime we scored. I never did like those monkey nuts ("PEEENUSHTS!!") on sale but couldnt wait to go to the Chinese fish shop on the corner of Gillespie and Avenell Rd. When I first started going we used to run out to The A-Team anthem and if I was lucky, by the time I got home I could catch the last part of that show on LWT!! lol

Even though wat this guy did was really REALLY dangerous - im tempted to do the same!!

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

quality article - good work
I still miss highbury
feel sad seeing it in ruins

nuttygoonerpaul

highbury

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

:cry: i have drove pass our old ground a few weeks ago , to see the old girl like she ,was very upsetting , i had a lump in my throat , all those years going there ,just a shell left , god i miss the old ground , good old standing in the north bank , we,re the north bank ,we,re the north bank ,we,re the north bank highbury . RIP HIGHBURY GOD BLESS YOU!

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

fantastic article just wish i had thought to do that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!