Freddie MUST GO............

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who agrees that Freddie MUST GO

Who wants Freddie TO STAY (who has a cover over their eyes, in the past)
50%
who wants Freddie TO GO GO GOOOOooooooo
50%

Total votes: 10

Arsenal 4 LIFE

Post by Arsenal 4 LIFE »

Freddie Ljunberg must be removed from the arsenal team and arsenal stadium. Since his arrival from Halmstads he was prolific and I think he scored 17 goals in all competitions in one season that being his best where he also scored a goal against Manure united. He was sensational with his movement and link up play especially with the legend that is No. 10. However as his trademark spiky hair with the red stripe went so did his form and goals. He has since then like so many other arsenal players has passed in the team occasionally producing glimpses of the form that saw the gooner fall in love with him, but as quickly as it came it was gone. The only thing that I can say that he did produce instead of the dried up goals is effort that I can never fault him for but being in a team like arsenal you need more than that. For so many seasons AW who could not pull the cover over his eyes allowed him in the starting line up. Because here was a player considered a right winger but yet did not have the skill or pace to go past players and send in good quality crosses or through balls as arsenal are so wall known for. Here know was a player who was famous for his late arrivals in the box to score that important goal no longer able to do this his best ability as if other players realised his tactics or was it just gone?
I thank Freddie for what he has done for the club but he is no longer the consistent performer or goals scorer he used to be. He has far been in the team for to long and been given excuses for his performances which is why I say AW and fans alike needs to pull the cover from their eyes and see the player in front of them in the present and not FROM THE PAST. He has had enough time to recreate his form.

Freddie MUST GO...........
Freddie MUST GO..................
Freddie MUST GO.............................

GoonerBen

Post by GoonerBen »

True Freddie has been below standard for a while now but hes had a flow of niggling injuries that havent helped. This squad desperately needs experienced players like him, especially the midfield and he hasnt yet hit the 30 barrier (i think) and is a gooner through and through
we love you freddie.......

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

i think the reality is that (in this transfer window) arsene has to sell before he can buy, and with that in mind, he is getting money for players he considers he can get a half decent fee for that are no longer integral to his plans and getting on a bit (in arsenal terms). if he gets £8 million for freddie and lauren, and buys two players with potential on longer, cheaper contracts for that money the club will consider they have got a result.

it's sad to see such players leave, but look at what happened with edu. such players are either part of the long term plan or they are not. if they are not, it makes business sense to get whatever money the club can when they can. and the likes of inter milan are willing to pay as they prefer experience to potential.

if we buy anybody, it will be with the long term in mind, not a short fix. however the character of the squad does need a look at. not enough battlers when the chips are down, 1-0 away from home 'oop north. this is why arsenal will not win the title again until this is addressed.

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

We need leaders, and Freddie is one... he's been there and done it, and we need that experience on and off the pitch.

Fair enough, he is no Adams in terms of leadership, although experience is crucial to balance this exciting young squad.

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

Freddie has to stay, he is a leg end , ok agreed he may not be banging the goals in like he did when he was playing with db10 and rp7 but he still ahs the killer touch to sell him to westam would be tragic ,or to sell him full stop should see mr wenger commited ,let fred have one last dig at arsehole cole at the grove then let him go and retire at calvin klein fc like beckham

highburyJD

Post by highburyJD »

freddy was our best player in Paris
that wasn't THAT long ago...?

we only have Hleb, Rosicky and Walcott as wide midfielders
if we had a couple of injuries we'd be shafted without Freddy

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

f we had a couple of injuries we'd be shafted without Freddy
but unforunatley freddie is alwyas injured i want him to stay, christ i haDd the same hair do as him a few years bakc including the red stripe, he is a legend but he is also getting old like i said before let him have one last dig at cashwhore cole at the grove then let him go

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

Agree but very, very, very reluctantly...I'll always remember that second goal in Cardiff, which allowed us to sing out the rest of the Chelsea Final. However, I think injuries have slowed him down and he's too predictable now. Better to take the money and give Freddie the chance to restart his career as I don't think he's going to be good enough for the 'new' Arsenal. :( :( :(

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

If the press reports are to be believed and west ham (or anyone else for that matter) are willing to stump up £7 million then reluctatly i think we must bite their arm off. :cry: Freddie has done wonderful things for The Arsenal since he arrived but I think time and injuries have caught up with him. He no longer seems to have the legs or the appetite to get in the box meaning he no longer poses a threat to the opposition.

Really hope he can get fit and prove me wrong by helping us to win the cup treble.

I would have thought that mr. Wenger would have seen the potential of using Lauren in the midfield 5 when we have to play the likes of bolton but the spirited performance against the bully boys at Ewood may prove that "arsene knows" once again.