Donation Details for Steve Hope (Charlie!Charlie!)

Share details of Arsenal items for sale (NOT tickets), news of forthcoming events and fundraising with your fellow Gooners here.
onemoreminute

Post by onemoreminute »

Tuesday was the hardest day of my life, saying goodbye to my closest friend i have ever had.
Following the hearse with the coffin in along with the Arsenal crest wreath was absolutely heartbraking knowing i will never again go to a game with my best buddy.
The moment the crematorium played U2 'With or Without You' done me in, and finished off with 'Thats Entertainment', was so fitting.
The service was as good as a service can be in this situation, speeches were so moving, especially from Mick, Steve's Dad, said it all, and also the girl's and Jared's speech were superb.
This is only a small snipet of the day, i met so many old friends going back 15 years and some, Wayno and Percy, cant thank you guys enough for attending along with your lovely partners.
Be great to see a few of you soon, thank you all so much for the donations towards the plaque and the monies left over we will be donating to the hospital which looked after Steve.
The generosity shown has totally stunned myself and Steve's family, thank you all so much for everything. what a great bunch of people you are, proud to be a Gooner

God bless you all and see you soon

Scott

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Genuinely heart-wrenching stuff, OMM. Glad everyone's contributions & words could bring some small comfort to Charlie’s loved ones. Try & keep your chin up mate.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Its Up 4 Grabs Now wrote:Genuinely heart-wrenching stuff, OMM. Glad everyone's contributions & words could bring some small comfort to Charlie’s loved ones. Try & keep your chin up mate.
Hear, hear.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

onemoreminute wrote:Tuesday was the hardest day of my life, saying goodbye to my closest friend i have ever had.
Following the hearse with the coffin in along with the Arsenal crest wreath was absolutely heartbraking knowing i will never again go to a game with my best buddy.
The moment the crematorium played U2 'With or Without You' done me in, and finished off with 'Thats Entertainment', was so fitting.
The service was as good as a service can be in this situation, speeches were so moving, especially from Mick, Steve's Dad, said it all, and also the girl's and Jared's speech were superb.
This is only a small snipet of the day, i met so many old friends going back 15 years and some, Wayno and Percy, cant thank you guys enough for attending along with your lovely partners.
Be great to see a few of you soon, thank you all so much for the donations towards the plaque and the monies left over we will be donating to the hospital which looked after Steve.
The generosity shown has totally stunned myself and Steve's family, thank you all so much for everything. what a great bunch of people you are, proud to be a Gooner

God bless you all and see you soon

Scott

You was fantastic on the day and done Steve and his family proud!

See you for a beer soon either at Arsenal or when you are working in London!

8)

Rugby Gooner

Re: Steve 'Bob' Hope..aka charlie charlie

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Guy the Gooner wrote:Hello guys'n'gals

I am new to the forum and felt I had to register to say a massive THANKS.

I grew up with Steve from the start of secondary school and despite a period of absence by myself stayed in touch till his very very sad departure. Steve made me the gooner I am today together with the Ham for those that know him. I am so so proud to be his mate and even more so having looked at all the posts on here. I have Found it very moving.
I hope Steve is there watching down next season having a little word in Mr Wengers ear......
Come on you gooners for charlie charlie
Steve sleep well my friend.

Guy the gooner :cry:
Welcome mate!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Any update on how much was finally raised and whether the stone has been ordered?

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Any update on how much was finally raised and whether the stone has been ordered?
Yes mate, putting it all together now and the stone is being ordered soon. I'll post an update of the final amount and all those who donated soon.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Thanks to all of you that have donated, we raised an amazing total of £840.

The stone is being ordered at the end of the week and all the remaining money will be donated to the charity that Steve’s family have chosen; the Neuro ITU at Queen's Hospital where Steve was treated.

Hopefully the stone will be in place for the start of the season or the meet up before the Sunderland game which will be confirmed nearer the time.

Once again thanks to the following, donations received;

gooner.ed
KingJayson
Paul S
Jeff S
Augie
John D
Amanda S
CorkBarry
Justin B
Mikey A
Donald C
Boomer
Dan_85
Ian M
GoonerSID
BT
Bev C
AA23
David R
MK Gould
Simon S
Steve V
Wayne H
Franksav
Kev & Dicko
BournemouthRed
Flash
Worthing Gooner
Tony R
Shaun H
Chippy
Glitch33
Michael M
Naki Gooner
Belfast Boy
RugbyGooner
Hanny73
Selsdon
SWLGooner
OneBardGooner
Eboue-Why?
SAFCFTM
Goonerboz
lebob1988
Number 5
Rodders999
Olgitgooner
Onemoreminute
Chunky The Gooner
Northbankbren
Paperclip
Herd
Marcengles
Benglenton
Cockerill's chin
LDB
DB10
BrazillianGooner
M50
Spudmasher
Basil is a Gooner
The Gooner
RoscommonGooner
Stuart L
Tony Saunders
Rocky Number Seven
Nick Bendtners Ego
Last edited by HashKads on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

What fantastic people Gooners are!!!(and SAFCFTM of course!!!)
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

It looks like the Sunderland game is the one that most of the online gooner friends will be at including the overseas culchies,
i wonder if it was stressed to the people in charge would they make a special effort to have the stone in place for that game?

Post by 1886 »

Fantastic effort everyone, do we know what the stone will say jayson?

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

1886 wrote:Fantastic effort everyone, do we know what the stone will say jayson?
Being finalised mate, OMM will post it in here shortly.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

Lads,

Just a note, I have been receiving abusive emails from **** last night and today. He has asked me to remove his name from the list because he does not want to be 'associated with anything regarding you or your forum.'

Thought I should let you know the reason.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

kingjayson1 wrote:Lads,

Just a note, I have been receiving abusive emails from **** last night and today. He has asked me to remove his name from the list because he does not want to be 'associated with anything regarding you or your forum.'

Dissapointed to hear that. He should just let it rest now.

augie

Post by augie »

kingjayson1 wrote:Lads,

Take the knobhead's name off the list then - why he has to act like a dickhead towards us after his behaviour towards flash and others is beyond me. The guy has a lot of lads that would have defended him in the past (myself included) but somewhere along the line he has to take responsibility for his own actions and emailing lads to give them any type of abuse is unacceptable imo