Rugby whinge......

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
MK Gould

Rugby whinge......

Post by MK Gould »

Went down to buy the paper this morning and saw something that always manages to wind me up.......

Young and old standing around waiting for the coach to take them to see their beloved team play their beloved game in their beloved cup final.......

Who am I talking about? "Fans" of Northampton Saints!

If you live as I do, roughly midway between MK and Northampton then the chances are that you work/shop/eat/drink/cinema in.....MK. In truth, Northampton is a little bit of the poor relation. I've probably been there more than most as Cobblers were the nearest football league team and Derngate is a nice theatre....

So why do all these people who have absolutely no connection or loyalty to Northampton as a town, and often have no real interest in the sport, choose to jump on the bandwagon and support their rugby team....?

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

More to the point... why is rugby so shit and why are its fans a bunch of self-important fuck bags?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Rugby is utter *****. Bunch of closet homosexual, ex-boarding school fuck-wits that have a superiority complex. Fuck all of them.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:Rugby is utter *****. Bunch of closet homosexual, ex-boarding school fuck-wits that have a superiority complex. Fuck all of them.
This.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

It also seems to be a bit of a class thing. Some people might be quite happy to watch football at home (they don't admit it though....) but socially speaking you do get a better class of people going to see the rugger so it's the place to be seen!

I can just imagine some of the guys who have been following Saints for years being mightily pissed at all the JCL's with their replica shirts, jumpers tied around their necks, kids called Tarquin, arriving at the ground in their BMW X5's.....

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I too live between MK and Northampton out in the sticks and couldn't agree more with MK Gould's comments.

Personally I would like to see rugby banned for being a public act of homosexuality.

This would also mean that on any given Saturday or Sunday I could go into my local pub or social club and watch football on the telly rather than watch public schoolboys molesting each other while their inbred cousins watching in the bar grunt and pick pork scratchings out of their beards.

What makes today worse is that people who would not normally give a toss about rugby and who do not come from the town will aspire to be bottom botherers for the day and drink cloudy, warm bitter because that's the thing to do.

If you get bored of our non-stop 'We hate Tottnumb' chanting then reconsider yourself lucky you do not have to put up with Northampton's one chant of 'Saints, Saints' x 1000 and reperat until end of game.

Also, why do rugby supporters always look like they have never washed?

:evil:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

How do think I feel?!! I live in the town where they "allegedly" invented the fucking game! There are always loads of smug,Gilbert wearing tourists milling around the field at Rugby School where it was supposed to have started,or the original shop in St. Matthews Street where they "hand sew" the balls!
In my opinion the game was only invented so the public school boys could have a bit of a fumble!!!

JudoKilli

Post by JudoKilli »

Going against the flow here, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that I really enjoy watching and playing rugby (although not as much as football). I'm completely straight, not posh in any way, never went to a pvt. school, etc. and still enjoy both games. How often do you get to smash someone into the floor for fun (I guess it's quite often for me as I'm a Judo player!) or run at someone full speed in the hope of knocking them out!

With regards to the OP, I guess it's the same as Man U supporters, all just fucking glory hunters!

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

I love rugby but then again I go to public school. Don't play it as most who do are those you find skulking around the toilets but I enjoy watching international rugby and Super Rugby, don't follos club sides here though.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

MK is a shit town with a shit francise club. that is all 8)

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I played rugby at school and was better at it than I was at football.....

Nothing against the game itself - it's those that watch it that get up my nose. And not those who have played the game and have watched it for years. It's those who have seem to "discover it" recently just when it seems to be the new supposedly chav and violence free (off pitch anyway) alternative to the commoners who go to football......

That said, now its been mentioned, those involved in rugby do seem to have an unhealthy interest in getting naked in public and groping each other. Not gay of course, just because they're rugger buggers :shock: !

Post by 1886 »

Dan_85 wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Rugby is utter *****. Bunch of closet homosexual, ex-boarding school fuck-wits that have a superiority complex. Fuck all of them.
This.
:barscarf:

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Any game that blokes happily place their arms between other team mates legs and are all happy to have a set of Bill Beaumonts ears deserves that game.
Watched by no one.
Shit game.

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

I'm stuck at a University that eats, drinks and bleeds the bloody sport!!! Feels like there are no Footy fans for miles!! :banghead:

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

That is a perfect description of SWL :lol: :lol: :lol: