Gervinho....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SantaGooner

Gervinho....

Post by SantaGooner »

Apparently he's announcing his decision tomorrow (as if the decision was his to make...): excited?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Not at all, i remember when players didnt have a decision to make when we wanted them :cry:

oh yeah and santa is an anagram of Satan :worried:

:wink:

CPHANMER

Post by CPHANMER »

I'm about as excited as Bendtner signing a new 5 year contract.... I want a proven player not another one season wonder from France... Chamakh ring any bells

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

i cant wait..I only heard of him 3 days ago..And we wonder why Nasri is thinking of leaving..Fuck E"to,Benzema etc etc..

GoonerN5

Re: Gervinho....

Post by GoonerN5 »

SantaGooner wrote:Apparently he's announcing his decision tomorrow (as if the decision was his to make...): excited?
Fucking hell yeah, I wont be able to sleep tonight im so excited, its like christmas eve waiting for you to come down the chimney, I cant wait

CPHANMER

Re: Gervinho....

Post by CPHANMER »

GoonerN5 wrote:
SantaGooner wrote:Apparently he's announcing his decision tomorrow (as if the decision was his to make...): excited?
Fucking hell yeah, I wont be able to sleep tonight im so excited, its like christmas eve waiting for you to come down the chimney, I cant wait
I know i wonder if we will go all out and break the 8m mark.....

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Another player being signed because his price fits as opposed to being very good.

Will be very disappointed if this comes off.

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

why is Wenger wasting he's time on these sort of signings - we need defenders :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

i can see 4 players, and only 1 or 2 arriving

don't be surprise to see TV, Djourou, Kosicenly and Squillachi as our 4 CB again next season

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

I think this will happen, its typical Wenger, cheap unproven shite from France.

I will be quite annoyed as well. I've been talking to a few people who watch foreign football and rave about x y and z, and they claim hes very average even poor. Rumours are its between us and Newcastle..ffs.

As some will know, hes coming from Lille where the real jewel in the crown, is Eden Hazard, a world class player in the making, and only 19 years old.
Not what we need right now, but a perfect Nasri replacement. The guy is top quality and wanted by Real Madrid.

The problem there is he will cost 20m at least and we wont pay that. So we get a poorer relation from the same team for 8m.... :banghead:

Not only that but the guy will be off to the ACN with Chamakh next year.

I've read this on another forum:
He's incredibly frustrating. Gives the ball away often, with misplaced passes, running into tackles, poor touch etc. He is very quick, has decent movement and is an okay finisher, but I guarantee you that he would frustrate the life out of most Arsenal fans in an average Emirates home game, when we face 10-man defences and little to no space. He doesn't see passes, he's slow and indecisive on the ball, he's not particularly impressive in tight spaces - he's not the answer.

Maybe as a cheap squad option he wouldn't be a bad choice, a similar sort of player to Theo, and in certain games he would be useful to us, but he won't come here and significantly improve us, he's not good enough for that.

Hazard is the far better player, it's not even close, and he's much better suited to our football than Gervinho is. He has a brain that works twice as quick as anybody else's in the French League, he invariably plays the right pass, he's great in tight areas, he's very quick, and a good finisher with both feet.
Poor mans Walcott.... :shock:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Know nothing about him. Had a look on youtube, seems he likes doing stupid dances even more than Eboue. Great.

Post by 1989 »

Would be a typical Turnip signing, ie cheap/French/average.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Wow! Now that's what the 6.5% is all about. A proven talent, history of winning big games at big clubs and the type of experience we need. Or most probably, yet another African player that plays at a not-very-good French club and won't do anything for the team's chances of winning anything. If Wenger thinks this is the type of player we need, he needs sorting out.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

WE DON'T NEED FUCKING ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS. WE NEED DEFENDERS.

FOR FUCK SAKE WENGER YOU PRICK.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

WAKE UP OUT OF YOUR COMA!!!!

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Agreed..GULP!

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I'm getting passed caring now... and that is worring to me... :cry: :cry: :cry: