Guitarist's Thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
robbo10

Re: Guitarist's Thread

Post by robbo10 »

Came on to read about geetar players and it seems “Guitarist’s Thread” is just a front for homoerotic Mod stuff…. :oops: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And yet you stayed on the thread for 35 minutes! :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:22 pm
Came on to read about geetar players and it seems “Guitarist’s Thread” is just a front for homoerotic Mod stuff…. :oops: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Um you know sid and OneBard are not mods right?

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Aren't I ??? :wailer: :wailer: :wailer: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

E-mail from a mate who live's in the States... rumours of Van Halen doing a tour in 2023 USA/Europe; inc: Uk with Eddie's son Wolfgang taking over on guitar ???

Thought he played Bass!? :? Mind you chip off the ole block etc, even so for me there is No One who could step into Eddies shoes... No One.

EDIT!

Oooops! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Got it wrong - MAMMOTH are WVH's new(ish) band...and they are going to tour in 2023

Go 2 minutes in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt2cMB6Fo-4

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yCaDfJzPHt0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8dlGgWNzHg
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

https://youtu.be/0ZgdUeN14i0

For Pink Floyd enthusiasts

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin:

Very good, well sourced Stuart mate! :high5:

I was just wondering if she was sitting on one of the FX Pedals as she seemed to be having the occasional orgasmic moment! :D

But yes, excellent playing..

Also (as our dearly loved & departed Spike Milligan might say) "I'd give it one!"

:wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The new (and excellent) Ozzy Osbourne album "Patient Number 9" has some superb playing by Tony Iommi, Zakk Wylde and - shock horror - Eric Clapton. :shock:

Don't get me wrong, I loved Clapton's playing from the 1960s and 1970s both with Cream and solo, but he basically turned into a very boring pop and light blues player from the mid 1980s onward. :yawn:

Well he is back with a hint of distortion, some tasty wah pedal, and his playing on Ozzy's new album is magnificent. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:27 am
https://youtu.be/0ZgdUeN14i0

For Pink Floyd enthusiasts
Superb stuff Stu. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:30 am
The new (and excellent) Ozzy Osbourne album "Patient Number 9" has some superb playing by Tony Iommi, Zakk Wylde and - shock horror - Eric Clapton. :shock:

Don't get me wrong, I loved Clapton's playing from the 1960s and 1970s both with Cream and solo, but he basically turned into a very boring pop and light blues player from the mid 1980s onward. :yawn:

Well he is back with a hint of distortion, some tasty wah pedal, and his playing on Ozzy's new album is magnificent. 8)
I didn't even know Ozzy had a new album out! - Will check it out mate , Thanks.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: Just found it on YT.

As usual there's loads of ds :? :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c2OCDB ... UmK86FRKmh

Patient Number 9 Track:

℗ 2022 Epic Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.

Released on: 2022-09-09

Associated Performer: Ozzy Osbourne feat. Jeff Beck
Composer, Lyricist: John Osbourne
Background Vocal, Guitar, Keyboards, Producer: Andrew Watt
Composer, Lyricist: Andrew Wotman
Drums, Composer, Lyricist: Chad Smith
Bass, Composer, Lyricist: Robert Trujillo
Guitar, Keyboards: Zakk Wylde
Composer, Lyricist: Ali Tamposi
Unknown, Recording Engineer: Robert Edward Bradley
Engineer: Paul LaMalfa
Unknown: Marco Sonzini
Unknown: Adam John Fuller
Mixing Engineer: Alan Moulder
Assistant Engineer: Tom Herbert
Mastering Engineer: Matt Colton

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Must admit having not heard a thing about Ozzy in ages, there were rumours of him showing signs of early dementia (Horrible fucking disease btw).

But He's back with a BANG by the sound of it! 8) 8) 8)

Tickets for 2023 Tour

Ozzy Osbourne – Event tickets JUN 14
Nearest event · Resorts World Arena, Birmingham

Wed 19:00 · Resorts World Arena
Ticketmaster

VIEW TICKETS
31 May
Nottingham · Motorpoint Arena Nottingham

·
Ticketmaster
31 May
Nottingham · Motorpoint Arena Nottingham
·
Ticketmaster
2 Jun
Newcastle upon Tyne · Utilita Arena
·
Ticketmaster

:::::::::::::::::::::::

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Recent LIVE at a Rams NFL Game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iZMPB13Lp8

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Recent Interview!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kY4nq4VMHk

If you listen to the interview at 8 - 9 minutes here is the photo he talks about:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

EDDIE Would Be Proud!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64173882

Members of the iconic heavy metal group Iron Maiden have joined a select few musicians with the honour of having their own postage stamps.
The new collection, available for pre-order from Thursday, includes 12 stamps.

Eight stamps feature pictures from their tours across the world over the years, and feature all current members of the band.
The band's popular mascot Eddie is also pictured on four of the stamps.

They are only the fifth group to be honoured with a stamp issue, following on from The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen and the Rolling Stones.
The images used in the collection range from 1980 to 2018 and include a photo from their 1983 gig in Hammersmith, and a 2008 gig at Twickenham Stadium.

There are also group shots, such as one of Dave Murray, Bruce Dickinson and Janick Gers in Rio de Janeiro, January 2001.
A stamp of Eddie shows an image from the cover of the band's first album, while another depicts him as a Samurai warrior echoing the cover art of the latest album.

The eight stamps of the band are priced at £11.70, and the four of Eddie at £5.60.

Both sets have a mixture of first class and £1.85 stamps, and will be available from January 12.

Founding member and bassist, Steve Harris, said the band was astounded with the project and were speechless when they saw the stamps for the first time.
He continued: "They look superb and I think they really capture the essence and energy of Maiden. We're all very proud that Royal Mail has chosen to honour the band's legacy like this and we know our fans will feel the same way."

'Bona fide rock legends'

Formed by Steve Harris in east London in 1975, Iron maiden have sold more than 130 million copies of their albums worldwide and are considered one of the most influential rock bands of all time.

They have received Grammy's, Brit Awards and recently finished their Legacy Of The Beast World Tour where they played to over 3 million fans.

The band's last album Senjutsu was released in September and debuted at number one in 27 countries.

Iron maiden recently announced their next tour, The Future Past Tour, which will kick off in Europe this summer.

David Gold, director of external public affairs and policy at Royal Mail, added: "Few bands in the history of rock music can be called bona fide rock legends - but Iron Maiden are just that - and more.

"With legions of devoted fans of all ages and from every corner of the globe, not only have they changed the way rock music sounds, but they have also changed the way it looks. We fully expect their fans will love these stamps as much as we do."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Something tells me that just like their Albums and Concerts they will sell in Vast amounts.