This proves the Board are a fucking Disgrace. Disguted.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Babatunde

This proves the Board are a fucking Disgrace. Disguted.

Post by Babatunde »

Seriously, this is completely fucking unacceptable. Let me ask you something: what do you think would happen to Alex Ferguson, Villas-Boas, or even Kenny Dalglish if either lost 8-2 to a fellow major rival? They would be sacked there and then, with immediate effect. No questions asked. I won't even mention clubs like Bayern, AC Milan, Inter or Barca.
I click on an article and read this.

Arsenal board back under-fire Wenger
Club '100 per cent' behind beleaguered manager and confident of signings before window shuts

'Arsène Wenger has been given the full backing of Arsenal's majority shareholder, Stan Kroenke, and the club's board in the aftermath of his team's crushing 8-2 defeat at Old Trafford on Sunday.

For the first time in Wenger's 15 years in charge of Arsenal there have been serious questions raised outside the club about the viability of his long-term project, especially in the light of a summer of player trading that has left Wenger cash-rich, but light in terms of experienced, top-level players following the departures of both Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas.

Yesterday a source at the club said that there was no question of Wenger's position being unstable in spite of Sunday's defeat to Manchester United, which leaves the club with one point from their first three games. A source close to the club board said yesterday: "The club is 100 per cent behind Arsène. The guy has given us 15 years of unprecedented success and that is not going to change. It is not even an issue.

"Everyone is right behind him from Stan [who owns 63 per cent of the club] to Ivan [Gazidis, the club's American chief executive] and we are working hard to bring some players in before the end of the [transfer] window [tomorrow]. We have a strong squad and we believe that we are in a good place, we just need a few more in between now and our next game. There will not be any knee-jerk reactions and that comes right from the very top."

THIS IS COMPLETELY FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE. THE CLUB HAS JUST BEEN DESTORYED AND MADE A WORLDWIDE MOCKERY OF AND WHAT HAPPENS? THE FOLLOWING DAY SEETHING FANS ARE TOLD THE MANAGER'S JOB HAS NEVER BEEN SAFER.

There is only one way of getting this message loud and clear: BOYCOTT MATCHES. Stop paying for overpriced pies, stop shopping in that hole The Armoury, stop paying for wanky match programmes to read nobody *word censored* like Alex Song talking about 'the title' (what would that *word censored* know?), stop buying those piece of shit kits.

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Where is that article from?

Do you believe a word of it?
Considering Gazidis has subtly been distancing himself from Wenger over the summer?

Wenger may not be sacked immediately, but the groundwork for getting rid of him is being laid should Kroenke choose to do so.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

I seriously want all right-minded Gooners, who care about this club to think and suggest ways that a massive ruckus can be made against the board too now. Kroenke and Gazidis have shown their hand now.
Wenger is the Cancer at Arsenal - but he is in bed with the board. He makes them cash because that ties in neatly with his fantasy of winning the league with a team of kidnapped French-African kids who cost nothing (but earn silly wages).

If Kroenke and Gazidis truly cared about the football on the pitch and truly cared about fan anger, there is NO WAY IN HELL they would ever, ever conceivably leak such public statements. How can Any board that cares about sporting success make such a pathetic fucking statement the day after an 8-2 anal destruction?! Words fail me at how this club is being run.

And yet some people just pay up their 6.5% and sit back there and accept all this. Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern, Inter, AC Milan, Barca, Real Madrid and even Spuds would never ever put up with what we witnessed yesterday.

And the funniest bit?

The average Arsenal fan is charged FAR MORE to watch his shower of shit than ALL the aforementioned clubs!!!! Until this club gets ambitious fans who won't accept 4th, and won't accept failure, be prepared for years of shit. It is just truly astonishing that a public vote of confidence can be issued like that. It wasn't even an Itlaian style 'vote of confidence' - it was an outright 100% backing. So Wenger can continue to be dismissive of fans, he can continue to fuck around and absolutely no one is keeping this *word censored* in check. The message is clear: keep the money rolling in and do as you wish. Fuck the fans.

I tell you what. I refuse to watch a single Arsenal game let alone attend, until Wenger is gone. Had enough, and once he's gone it's time to turn on the scumbags at board level. You lose 8-2 and you're never safer. Meanwhile the likes of Avram Grant are finished for finishing 2nd, Ancelotti is sacked for finishing runner up, and even the Spuds sacked Martin Jol for finishing 5th. Unreal what a Joke club it's become.

Post by 1989 »

It's a joke. It's probably *word censored*-Wood who made those comments as well. They sound typically arrogant.

I love how they say they won't make 'knee jerk' decisions based on a 'couple of results'. Can someone please show the *word censored* our recent league form (1 win in 15).

Bergkamp-Genius

Post by Bergkamp-Genius »

What did you expect...
From the boards point of view we are only three games in to the season..He has already met one of their requirements by qualifying for the group stage of the CL ... Now he has 30 odd games to get in the top four, that is their second requirement of him...
They are not going to judge him on three games, especially as he has always met both requirements in the past...

The first chance we will have of the board going against him will be xmas, if we were so far off the pace by then a top four spot was almost impossible to obtain...then they would go against him...
But if we are any where near the top four at xmas, money will be spent and he'll be judged at the end of the season...So unless you think we are going to have a catastrophic first half of the season, you might as well just resign your self to wenger being here til at least next summer with the full support of the board...

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

LOL at that article. Where did you find that? On some nothing gossip site?

n6gooner

Post by n6gooner »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote:What did you expect...
From the boards point of view we are only three games in to the season..He has already met one of their requirements by qualifying for the group stage of the CL ... Now he has 30 odd games to get in the top four, that is their second requirement of him...
They are not going to judge him on three games, especially as he has always met both requirements in the past...

The first chance we will have of the board going against him will be xmas, if we were so far off the pace by then a top four spot was almost impossible to obtain...then they would go against him...
But if we are any where near the top four at xmas, money will be spent and he'll be judged at the end of the season...So unless you think we are going to have a catastrophic first half of the season, you might as well just resign your self to wenger being here til at least next summer with the full support of the board...
spot on!!

in any event, the only way aw or the board would take any notice of fans is if they stayed away from matches in large enough numbers....game after game after game. remember what the scousers did to the sun after hillsborough? sales have never recovered their previous levels

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Talking of the board this morning i got my first semi abusive pm from USMartin :barscarf:

Suck a large one all of you who havent had one yet 8)

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

flash gunner wrote:Talking of the board this morning i got my first semi abusive pm from USMartin :barscarf:

I've received 3 from him, quite a while ago now, but I don't like talking about it... :roll: :roll: :wink:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

QuartzGooner wrote:Where is that article from?

The Independent

Do you believe a word of it?

Every single word. The Indy are usually reliable andn those are direct quotes. No chance they are completely invented or made up.

Considering Gazidis has subtly been distancing himself from Wenger over the summer?

How has Gazidis distanced himself from AW? By telling AISA and the AST more bullshit about our 'self sustaining model' and how Arsene 'is the best man for the job'? Wow about as distant as next door neighbours then...

Wenger may not be sacked immediately, but the groundwork for getting rid of him is being laid should Kroenke choose to do so.
The term should is key here. What groundwork is being laid by Kroenke? None. That c**T couldn't lay an egg let alone groundwork. The only groundwork that is being laid is to asset strip the club, reduce the wage bill and then sell on, and if you think otherwise then you're insane sorry.
If Kroenke was laying any groundwork, there is NO WAY IN HELL Wenger would have been allowed to get up till this stage of the summer, with the squad even weaker than the shower of shit from last season.
Does Kroenke care to lay groundwork?
A £67 million profit in the transfer market and an annual £15 million reduction in the wage bill (oooh did I mention the 6.5%?) says an emphatic NO.

:banghead:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

To get rid of the board and Wenger I suggest we write more identical threads in internet forums!

:roll:

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

"Spending lots of money to watch Arsenal play is not always the answer. You can spend lots of money and still have to watch a load of shit."

"In these times of austerity, I am the only supporter in my area who is in a healthy financial position, ready to face adverse economical times in the future by not shelling out to finance this strange board of owners."

"Imagine the worst possible situation, where I spend £200 to see us get thrashed by Liverpool and Man Utd. How can you convince the missus that you still have your sanity? This is not always the answer."

"This supporter has the best mental strength and attitude I've ever seen in someone so currently apathetic."

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

franksav63 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Talking of the board this morning i got my first semi abusive pm from USMartin :barscarf:

I've received 3 from him, quite a while ago now, but I don't like talking about it... :roll: :roll: :wink:
You're yesterdays news :barscarf: Martin is my pet now 8)

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

flash gunner wrote:
franksav63 wrote:

You're yesterdays news :barscarf: Martin is my pet now 8)
:lol:

My PM's from him weren't abusive though... whatever floats your boat though... :roll: :wink: :wink: :lol:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

kiwomya wrote:LOL at that article. Where did you find that? On some nothing gossip site?
Once you get your head out the sand, go on the Independent website and read it.
And then once you're done, stick your head back in the sand.