FAREWELL RALPHY!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbankbren

FAREWELL RALPHY!!!

Post by northbankbren »

Just have to say a farewell to Ralphy Lauren who's gone to pompey.

He was a great player for the gooners and he worked his arse off down that right hand side for years. He done the club great service and the trophies weve won during his period at the club and his performance during the untouchable year will not be forgotten!!!

FAREWELL AND GOOD LUCK RALPHY!

P.S. Cant forget him making that C*** van nistelroy piss his pants and run down the tunnel like a little girl at his home ground.

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Farewell Mr Lauren, you will be sorely missed.

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Same as above.
Good luck to ya fella. Never gave anything less even though he never seemed to have his name sung from the terraces..

AFC
Cmon

proudtosaythatname

FAREWELL RALPHY!!!

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I'll remember a committed competitor and most of all that killer third goal at the Bridge. Good Luck Ralph.

Is Harry rebuilding Arsenal at Fratton Park?

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

I remember 2001 when we won the league, had spurs at home 1-0 up, scum score penalty and the we get one, I was nin teh northbank just up from teh goal,. he hit the worst penalty ever, trickled in and highbury went mental, best memory of teh boy

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

The penalty at home to the **** in 01/02, the penalty he stuck away at Shite Hart Lane in the 5-4 game and that goal at the Bridge giving us a 3-1 FA Cup win...........and of course lumping the shit out of the Mancs (particulary Van Twat and Phil Neville) at Old Trafford when we stood up to them in their own back yard.

He won't be remembered in the same vain as Dennis or Pires, but Ralph never shirked anything, be it a 50-50 challenge or the responsibility of stepping up to take a crucial penalty. Ever team needs players like him and he'd made a big contribution to many of our successes.

He has also shown Cashley Hole the dignified way to leave a club who served you well and who you gave everything to. His comments were something like; "It was a wrench to leave Arsenal after 6 and half years. They are a fantastic club with amazing fans who were always good to me. I will always hold them close to my heart. I now move on to a fantastic new opportunity at Portsmouth but will never forget Arsenal". Class.

And finally he had one song that never caught on which I thought was fantastic and very humurous. To the tune of we beat the scum 3-0;

"Lauren, we've got no song for Lauren, we've got no song for Lauren, ......

Goodbye Ralph and good luck.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Absolutly agree with everything said here. Lauren was a great servant and gave us lots to be proud of. Thought we could have kept hold and used him in midfield when we need to battle away from home but we seem to be getting to where Mr. Wenger wants us and Lauren didn't fit.

Always remember a solid pro and trying to throttle Phil Neville.
All the best 'Ralf'