THE ARSENAL CAPTAINCY: THE ABUSE CONTINUES

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

surely should of been Arshavin, 30 years old, so has the most experience and ex captain of Zenit and captain of Russia

total born leader :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:Would you give it a rest we won the fucking game ffs :roll:
Agreed

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

Babatunde wrote:Oh sorry. We beat Stoke. Therefore no criticisms allowed. Amazing.
£1100 a season for that. Apologies....
:roll:
Sorry mate, that's £1100 other people are paying! I've never known somebody be so angry at what other people have to spend :roll:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

donaldo wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:
donaldo wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:Babatongue, out of the starting eleven, who would you have made captain?
Surely a guy who has 76 international caps should be captain ahead of Song.
What, a player who has only just joined us? Has only known his team mates for a few weeks? Hasn't yet proved himself as an Arsenal player (although I think he will be great for us wink:)?
And Song has? :wink:
Got me there. :lol:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

is this captain thing really that sacred??

What possible difference would it have made for todays match.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Supagoon wrote:is this captain thing really that sacred??

What possible difference would it have made for todays match.

Exactly.We win 3-1 and guys cant be happy we did so they have to moan about something so trivial as song being captain.

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Babatunde wrote:
n6gooner wrote:aw inherited ta5, got lucky with pv4 and hasn't had a clue about what "captain material" entails ever since. truth is that he couldn't handle the strong character of a real captain which is why neither adams nor vieira returned after retiring
Thank you very much!
:barscarf:
Have to disagree with this, DD was lobbying for AW to get the job of AFC manager long before before Bruce Rioch got the job the and the reason the board initially rejected his suggestion was them looking at AW's portfolio, commenting that he looked like a school teacher or a "professor" and that he would not be able to handle the senior and/or more difficult characters in the dressing room like Adams, Parlour and Merson etc who were, lets face it, hardened drinkers and in Merse's case a degenerate gambler and coke head, and regardless of the subsequent downturn it's very hard to argue deny he turned the culture not just of the club but of the whole league completely around!

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

I remember posting earlier though a tag jokingly that Song will be the captain next season. If RVP leaves in the summer and Verm continues to be in the sidelines, there is a real chance that Song will be given the captancy.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

What a captain inspiring us to 3 points

n6gooner

Post by n6gooner »

Belfast Boy wrote:
Babatunde wrote:
n6gooner wrote:aw inherited ta5, got lucky with pv4 and hasn't had a clue about what "captain material" entails ever since. truth is that he couldn't handle the strong character of a real captain which is why neither adams nor vieira returned after retiring
Thank you very much!
:barscarf:
Have to disagree with this, DD was lobbying for AW to get the job of AFC manager long before before Bruce Rioch got the job the and the reason the board initially rejected his suggestion was them looking at AW's portfolio, commenting that he looked like a school teacher or a "professor" and that he would not be able to handle the senior and/or more difficult characters in the dressing room like Adams, Parlour and Merson etc who were, lets face it, hardened drinkers and in Merse's case a degenerate gambler and coke head, and regardless of the subsequent downturn it's very hard to argue deny he turned the culture not just of the club but of the whole league completely around!
bb - can't dispute what you say, however, not sure what that has to do with aw being unable to appoint conventional, strong and inspiring captains

brazilianGOONER

Re: THE ARSENAL CAPTAINCY: THE ABUSE CONTINUES

Post by brazilianGOONER »

Babatunde wrote: I was going to write a more lucid response to your bilous vitriol but then realised you had to go pick your IQ out of the dustbin first.

I've watched more Arsenal matches than you've sucked dangly balls

you gorbellied toss-pot.

Go watch some football, read a book, get an education. You're retarded.
is this sort of stuff necessary for a discussion?

i mean, i know the guy he's replying to started some of it, but i can't see a single post by babatunde where he's not trying to catch the attention of everyone, and does so by being as controversial as possible, and calling people whatever he wants in the way.

wasn't that the definition of WUM for starters?

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
Babatunde wrote: I was going to write a more lucid response to your bilous vitriol but then realised you had to go pick your IQ out of the dustbin first.

you gorbellied toss-pot.

i mean, i know the guy he's replying to started some of it, but i can't see a single post by babatunde where he's not trying to catch the attention of everyone, and does so by being as controversial as possible, and calling people whatever he wants in the way.

That's why it was so funny to see people calling for others to be banned whilst this is allowed to continue.

augie

Post by augie »

brazilianGOONER wrote:

you gorbellied toss-pot.

Have to say baba that the abuse levels is ridiculous - most on here are willing to debate rationally (yes even the akb) so treat others with the respect that you would expect to get yourself even if they are on occasions talking shite :wink:

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

augie wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

you gorbellied toss-pot.

Have to say baba that the abuse levels is ridiculous - most on here are willing to debate rationally (yes even the akb) so treat others with the respect that you would expect to get yourself even if they are on occasions talking shite :wink:
Augie.

Please read the original post from this guy.
Where, totally without foundation, he begins abusive language. My answer is a response to that abusive language. If people don't wanna take abuse, they shouldn't be dishing it out. Because I will never start it, but am always willing to finish it...

I think BrazilGoon is upset because his loverboy Arteta has been subjected to some of my barbs... ;)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
brazilianGOONER wrote:

you gorbellied toss-pot.

Respect from him? :shock:

He'd rather take the advice of a suicide bomber than me apparently, and I've had no altercations with him really... :? it's just so angry and spiteful :roll: :lol:

It's abuse for the sake of it, and aimed at almost everyone - especially if you're from Brazil or pro-Wenger in any way. It's WUMing at it's very worst...

It's a shame, as he's intelligent and interesting when he's calm and not attacking people.