Can second string Arsenal make the final leap? (23 Jan)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

usual thread starter. are our reserves good enough to beat spuds' first team over two legs?

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

Yes, I think so.

Although we can always bring on a couple of big guns to make sure at The Grove if necessary

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

ed, i see your glass is never half full!!

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

attempting not to curse the boys by stating any belief in them... the old reverse psychology! :wink:

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

ed, i've got more P-M-T for this spud game than i've had for a long while. I think it's the fact that we're going with, what is, basically a reserve side at the end of the day. It's just the thought of those bitter and twisted c###s beating us. We all know we can argue 'till we're (RED) in the face about it being our reserves but those f###ing pr##ks won't listen. PLEASE Arsenal, for my sanity and every other gooner out there, let's beat this bunch of SH#T. THE ARSENAL, THE ARSENAL, THE ARSENAL. C'MON U GUNNERS.!!!!!!!!!!! and to all you gooners going to shite hart lane to fly the flag, be loud and be proud........................

gooner Erol

Post by gooner Erol »

Totally agree with you goonermc. I have lots of faith in our 2nd team , but i also remember going to Highbury a few years back in the same cup against Chelsea(1st team) & losing 5 nil with Arsene saying a result like that can damage the youngsters.
For sp*rs this is a massive game & they will be going all out, this is no Liverpool 2nd team we will be facing. I'm going tonight & i'm trying to look at all the positives & i'm praying we can give them a game & still be in the tie at the end of 90 minutes,please we do not want to be embarassed i really hope & trust Arsene knows!

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

Oh ye of little faith, Mr Ed! I think the clearly-heard-on-TV chant "Two nil and you f***** it up" said it all. Priceless. :D