Brace yourselves, Baba, don't open this.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

I've seen little of van de Wiel recently but he's been talked about for a few years, has plenty of experience playing for the second ranked nation in the world and, I believe, can play in both fullback positions.

We shouldn't even consider Bridge. If we can't sign a top quality LB then I go for giving Miquel a chance, although, as with Jenkinson, we would be asking a very young inexperienced player to hit the ground running in the Premier League and be consistent.

I'm not a huge fan of Baines but he's better than we've got at the moment and Moyes may prefer to sell him than Rodwell.

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Mahmadou Sakho of PSG. He's even French and in Ligue 1. Or Michel Bastos of Lyon if Le Clown insists on shopping in France...

augie

Post by augie »

The crux of this saga is how our esteemed manager ( :roll: ) views santos - if wenger believes that he is our number 1 left back then wenger will only sign a back up and I seriously wouldnt rule out wenger signing bridge in that case. If however wenger has no number 1 choice in his mind and is still at the stage where he is letting gibbs and santos battle to be first choice then he should without doubt sign baines......regardless of cost. Fact is, that everton are skint and should be ripe for picking and I am also thinking of rodwell when I say that.

Btw am I the only one who thinks a right back should be ahead of left back in the priority list ? Not ideal I know but tv5 can play left full but we wint got a rb at all :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

The simple answer is to carry on playing TV there, and sign Cahill for 7m. TV is much more solid than Santos and having another decent CB means Kos can fill in at right back if required, where he has done pretty well. That way we have even prepared ourselves for getting shot of Squid and Djourou in the summer, when we can look for a decent LB.

However, common sense and quality go out the window with Wenger, it's all about how cheap we can do it.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

TeeCee wrote:The simple answer is to carry on playing TV there, and sign Cahill for 7m. TV is much more solid than Santos and having another decent CB means Kos can fill in at right back if required, where he has done pretty well. That way we have even prepared ourselves for getting shot of Squid and Djourou in the summer, when we can look for a decent LB.

However, common sense and quality go out the window with Wenger, it's all about how cheap we can do it.
You and your dizzying prices Tee Cee....surely there's a wonderboy at Caen available for an "undisclosed fee"

I've always wondered if "undisclosed fee" is Wenger code for "too fucking embarrassing to reveal"

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

This must be some sort of pisstake! He's the worst LB in the League!

And people laughed when I said sign Robinson the LB from Bolton :roll: :wink: :lol:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

I dont really rate Cahill lads, I'd let him land at Chelski.

And take Alex from them, far far better player.

RioGooner

Post by RioGooner »

Babatunde wrote:Mahmadou Sakho of PSG. He's even French and in Ligue 1. Or Michel Bastos of Lyon if Le Clown insists on shopping in France...
Bastos is not a left back, he's a right winger. He played as LB for Brazil because... well no one knows.

The buying options are numerous, we could go for Jensen who's in Schalke now, i believe or anyone not wayne Bridge. I'd rather see Miquel playing as LB than having that piece of overpaid shit wearing an Arsenal shirt.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

franksav63 wrote:I do hope this isn't fucking true, Bridge is a useless wanker, who even West Ham cunted off... no wonder his missus did the dirty on him with a Racist twat if he performs the same way in the sack as he plays his football!!! :evil: :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5: Quality frank! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Babatunde wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
kiwomya wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
donaldo wrote:Sign Leighton Baines
We should have done so back in the Summer window......but hey wenger knows best! NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

This bridge shyte feckin' stinks as steve0 pointed out why on earth would we want someone who couldn't even make it at lowly west ham...and of course having heard wenger criticise $hitty for loaning out greedywhore and for the way they conduct business...now he's going to them cap in hand so to speak...

Wenger YOU CUNTOFCUNTS...you are besmirching The Glorious name of ARSENAL....

what an utter UTTER CUNTWHORE :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:roll: Bit over the top considering it's a complete nothing story about Bridge.
Obviously you have no pride in Arsenal as being a Top club.... or the badge, shirt etc...and how we have become a feeder club for the likes of $hitty :awnker:
As I said OneBard mate.

Wenger could sign a giant dog turd from his garden tomorrow and Kiwomya would be waxing lyrical about "giving it time" and Arsene "knowing better than you".

Two words spring to mind: Waco. Texas.
:)
:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Irish Gooner wrote:I dont really rate Cahill lads, I'd let him land at Chelski.

And take Alex from them, far far better player.
Good thinking IG :barscarf:

We should have signed Samba instead of the german tug boat anyway! would have cost less as well.... :roll:

Rugby Gooner

Re: Brace yourselves, Baba, don't open this.

Post by Rugby Gooner »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Has wayne signed yet if it was in the daily mirror it has to be true :roll: Until you see bridge wearing an arsenal shirt stop getting worked up about something that might not happen.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Bridge may not have signed but Wenger has stated that he may have to loan a full back which is a travesty in itself, why do we need to loan an unwanted player? Why not buy one that will improve our squad as opposed to finding a stop gap who's club don't want him as let's face it, loan players are cast offs.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:Bridge may not have signed but Wenger has stated that he may have to loan a full back which is a travesty in itself, why do we need to loan an unwanted player? Why not buy one that will improve our squad as opposed to finding a stop gap who's club don't want him as let's face it, loan players are cast offs.
Agree 100% with you.If bridge is not good enough or rated enough by mancini why the fuck would he be good enough for us.But knowing how cheap our manager is it could happen :roll: