Tottenham Away Procedures

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rilo

Post by Rilo »

No problems for me at all last night. Before the game going to the stadium there was a bit of an air that something might go off, but nothing did.
After the game I kept my head down and went straight to the station. There were a few spurs fans walking down the street talking to themselves going "those wankers" but that was it. I didn't see any trouble and didn't even feel like there would have been.
Maybe the spuds fans have an unfair rep, or maybe I was lucky.

I also loved the fact that each of the 4 trains I needed to get home were all waiting for me at the platform when I arrived at the station. Made up the 15 mins we lost with the late kick off.

Very happy with everything. I'll definitely go back for the league game

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

I got there bang on time so glided up to the away section without too much trouble, apart from gentle banter.

When I got in I found my seats were just above the disabled section, i.e. the virst visible line of gonners closest to their ugly west stand. Naturally, I took the piss out of them throughout but then when we got to 2-0 a number of their fans told me in no uncertain terms that they were waiting outisde for ME. Ha Ha.

Anyway, on the way out it was a bit hairy, the police suddenly just let us into the morons! We mingled as quickly as possible into the middle just in time to see silly **** running past us shouting "gooner c*unts" arms swinging... missed that one by inches :-)

Anyway, still in bandit country decided to carry on walking and ended up at Silver St station - wtf? Anyway, got back for a McDonalds at Liv St, having a laugh and a bunch of **** that recognised me from the game decided to start giving it. By this stage I was so worn out I was just laughing at him.

Well done you gunners - lets really take the piss at The Grove.

N13Gooner

Post by N13Gooner »

f*****g hell! The police made you walk to Silver Street station???? Thats a trek in the freezing cold!

Rilo

Post by Rilo »

No one was made to go anywhere. There was nothing keeping the 2 sets of fans seperated. All the gooners just left the ground and went straight into the tottenham crowds.

Gooneroonie

Post by Gooneroonie »

No, wasn't made to go there but started walking that way (by mistake) and didn't really fancy turning back!! Ha Ha

The police did initailly keep us apart for about the first 100 metres if you came out and turned right - not sure if you went the other way!

All in all great fun, nothing too serious - thanks for the advice lads.

legend10

Post by legend10 »

NO REPLIES AFTER 2 DAYS ,THEY ALL MUST BE DEAD

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

No I'm not dead. just been busy/shattered.

Well I walked left out of shite hart lane (after waiting inside the gates for a while coz the vast amount of them lot even with the police there scared the hell out of me). At the same time there was a row of police along the length of the road heading towards the corner. And off we went with only a few supporters left on the road towards the car. Glad I avoided the corner. Apparently there were some idiots fighting the police.