Transfer Deadline Day Blues

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Transfer Deadline Day Blues

Post by Rugby Gooner »

About 3 hours,40 minutes left in this Transfer Window,and once again we have done FUCK ALL!!!
I don't just mean in the way of a "Marquee" signing or two,but Wenger has also missed the opportunity to unburden our Club of the many useless,"Couldn't care less",waste of spaces,(and money),that are leeching off all of us who LOVE this club!!!
We all know who I am talking about,their names do not need to be repeated again,but I ask them to find a conscience and FUCK OFF!!!

Breaking news,we have just signed an unknown 19 year old from Dortmund on a long term deal.We will nuture him,and bring him on,watch him sparkle for us for maybe a year,then moan about the unfairness of it all when Manchester City snap him up!!!

We are no longer a Football Club,but a commercial enterprise,buying cheap,and selling for shareholder and Board profits!!! :evil:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Who would you like to see signed, at what price and why?

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

hugh jardon wrote:Who would you like to see signed, at what price and why?
I am not really looking for signings,but would love to see a few useless *word censored* offloaded!!!

JudoKilli

Post by JudoKilli »

I'd rather he does all the business over the summer, rather than unsettle an already shaky squad with stop gap signings.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Sky still reporting arshavin is or has had premlinary talks with anhzi

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:Sky still reporting arshavin is or has had premlinary talks with anhzi
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Barriecuda

Post by Barriecuda »

We got the wrong 19 year old from BVB.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

This Dortmund lad, I mean if the Dortmund fans on this forum haven't heard of him, he hardly qualifies as a first team signing?

OOKed

Post by OOKed »

Irish Gooner wrote:This Dortmund lad, I mean if the Dortmund fans on this forum haven't heard of him, he hardly qualifies as a first team signing?
The kid has been out on a long term injury and only recovered very recently.
Smells of that Bischoff all over again. Apparently signed for 600k.

Instead of efforts and resources being spent on getting van persie to sign we chuck money away at never has beens, hoping for them to break through in 5 years time.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

well hugh, how about a striker, defensive midfielder, centre back, full back and experienced keeper for starters....geez i fail to see how some people cannot see whats right in front of them

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

Transfer deadline day,
Or Known to Arsenal Football club as Tuesday.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

the playing mantis wrote:well hugh, how about a striker, defensive midfielder, centre back, full back and experienced keeper for starters....geez i fail to see how some people cannot see whats right in front of them
To quote Arsene "I did not zee"

lowerwest

this sums it up

Post by lowerwest »

think this sums up how we are doing....yes wigan are spending more than us.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league- ... -2011.html

HashKads

Re: this sums it up

Post by HashKads »

lowerwest wrote:think this sums up how we are doing....yes wigan are spending more than us.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league- ... -2011.html
That isn't true. We spent £85 million over the past 5 years where Wigan have spent £66.5 million.

Although it says United, City, Chavs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Bolton, Scum, West Ham and MIDDLESBROUGH have spent more than us. :shock: :shock:

Not sure how accurate these figures are though.

Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Transfer Deadline Day Blues

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Rugby Gooner wrote: We are no longer a Football Club,but a commercial enterprise,buying cheap,and selling for shareholder and Board profits!!! :evil: