FREEDOM FOR THE GOONER2GOONER ED

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

FREEDOM FOR THE GOONER2GOONER ED

Post by REB »

HashKads

Re: FREEDOM FOR THE GOONER2GOONER ED

Post by HashKads »

It's a complete joke. I hope the club and police see it's one big mistake.

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

What I don't understand, and have never understood is why the police don't just go undercover and get the real 5-10 touts that pace up and down by the tube station? They're clearly the real touts.

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

HashKads wrote:What I don't understand, and have never understood is why the police don't just go undercover and get the real 5-10 touts that pace up and down by the tube station? They're clearly the real touts.
correct the ones near Arsenal station are a joke there is loads, and there is police stood yards from em watching for bad behaviour why dont they just go and clear them all off the streets,

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

All the time I have been going to Arsenal (since 1963 :? ) there have been blatantly obvious touts not just outside the tube station but also right outside the ground. I suppose saying "any one want tickets?" or " any spare tickets" isn't in itself a crime. Only when money changes hands does it become illegal so the real culprits are very careful that this is done very discretely. This is why an innocent transaction such as Kevin's gets swooped on; it's an easy collar. I trust his contacts at the club (and his obvious innocence!) will ensure he's cleared of any wrongdoing.

gunner_ace

Post by gunner_ace »

What sickened me most about the story was that the arresting officer was a supposed gooner. Well :censored: me sideways if that’s how he treats a fellow gooner :censored: knows what he would do if he arrested a spud. Mongs like that give the constabulary a bad name.

Edit M-50: Use of profanity prohibited by new forum rules. No warning issued but please be mindful in future posts :barscarf:

Cockerill's chin
Location: Found the transfer fund... in Bendtner/Diaby/Denilson's pockets

Post by Cockerill's chin »

It is disgraceful and Kevin is going to have to pay a price for his decency in helping a friend and his honesty with the police. I would be willing to take part/contribute to any support for the bloke. The following positive action has been tried and tested:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170567105432? ... 0011895199

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

It is becoming increasingly hard to maintain any respect for the police, the way they appear to be quite happy to victimise law abiding citizens whilst simultaneously ignoring real crimes never ceases to amaze me.

stg

Post by stg »

It's easy for one season Arsenal get a few diffrent people for each match to pose as tourists they then buy tickets from touts. They then cancel the member who's tickets they have just brought

Oh welcome back :barscarf:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Ed in a cell :lol: :lol: :lol:

REB

Post by REB »

HashKads wrote:What I don't understand, and have never understood is why the police don't just go undercover and get the real 5-10 touts that pace up and down by the tube station? They're clearly the real touts.

they cant catch them because no money ever changes hands in front of anyone so the police have nothing to arrest them for :evil:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I couldn't believe this, although didn't The Gooner highlight a similar case a few years back, the ironic thing is that Arsenal themselves are touts with the way they run the ticket exchange scheme, grabbing commission as the ''in between guy'' and then only handing out the money over at the end of the season.

Old Oak Gooner

Post by Old Oak Gooner »

franksav63 wrote:I couldn't believe this, although didn't The Gooner highlight a similar case a few years back, the ironic thing is that Arsenal themselves are touts with the way they run the ticket exchange scheme, grabbing commission as the ''in between guy'' and then only handing out the money over at the end of the season.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Well said that man :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

A few seasons back I went over to laandan for the weekend with the missus and was staying in a hotel in west london. On the friday night I overheard the concierge talking to another guest about getting tickets for the chav game and saying that he could get tickets for most matches and events. On a whim I asked him if he could source tkts for our game v 'boro the following day and after making a phone call he informed me that he could get me 2 tkts but they would cost me £150 each. That in itself was bad enough (although I did pay it :oops: :oops: ) but when I got the tkts they had a face value of £0 as they were club issued tickets :evil: The "transaction", including the exchange of money, was all done on the streets around the corner from highbury tube station and I didnt see a cop in sight.

For me this is yet another situation where the fans should unite in opposing the club and cops - it is easy to blame the old bill for this but it is the club who enforce any banning order so they would have the discretion to judge each case on it's merits. This should be challenged and if need be the clubs tkt exchange practices should be questioned legally and it shouldnt be hard to get Gooners to chip in a few bob to fight this legally

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Cant he just get his mate ivan on the blower? :D