McDowell its over dude...no more - Hallelujah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Barriecuda

Re: McDowell's VANITY 'Rumours' Thread

Post by Barriecuda »

mcdowell42 wrote:Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has indicated the club will move for £25m-rated striker Robin van Persie, 28, this summer if Arsenal fail to persuade the Netherlands international to sign a new deal.
25m! If Carroll gets 35m, then RVP has to be at least worth 50.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Barriecuda wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has indicated the club will move for £25m-rated striker Robin van Persie, 28, this summer if Arsenal fail to persuade the Netherlands international to sign a new deal.
25m! If Carroll gets 35m, then RVP has to be at least worth 50.
Not when he only has 1 year left on his contract :banghead: But manshitty are doing this in a sneaky clever *word censored* kind of way, they're not making a move Yet! they're waiting to see IF he signs if he does they'll go elsewhere, but if he (RVP) doesn't then that is a sign he's offski and that'll give them the green light to steal him for a miniscule amount....either way

man $hitty = *word censored*

Arsenal for allowing his contract to reach this stage = *word censored*

Wenker and the board ARE Pathetic :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Latest rumour from mysteriousmerlin.com:

It would seem that the power of prayer actually does work!.

"Ledley King to retire and take up another role at scum....redkrapp pizzaface to sign Djourou"

:barscarf: :high5: :barscarf: :high5: :barscarf: :high5: :barscarf: :high5: :barscarf: SORRRTTED! :D

augie

Post by augie »

Babatunde wrote:Moussa Dembele is available from Fulham for £10 mil. Why the f**** is that complete joker Wenger not getting involved?

Gokhan Inler is reported to have fallen out with Napoli. He is 100 times better than Song, we could nab him for about £15 mil. He was of course available from less when leaving Udinese (but our 'genius' manager never got involved).

Clint Dempsey only has a year left on his contract and wants CL football. Why are we not getting involved?

Oh but I forget there is 'no value in the market' (unless that idiot is selling)

:banghead: :banghead:

Dont think dembele has shown enough over a period of time to show that he is good enough for a club of our aspirations (when I say our aspirations, clearly I am talking about the fans and not those 4th place is success losers that run our club :evil: :evil: )

Again Inler isnt worth 15m in my opinion - we need an upgrade on song no doubt but I would expect to get de jong for that and if m'vila is as good as I am led to believe then buying him and paying 3m more makes more sense

Dempsey is a no brainer for me - a proven international who would need no time to adapt to our league and has a proven track record of getting goals from midfield. If we could buy him for around the same type of money we could get for offloading the forehead then it would be a great piece of business or if we could sell walnut and buy him and have an extra 10m in the kitty as a result then it would be fantastic deal for the club. This is where my main gripe with wenger and the club kicks in - dempsey is a proven international available around £10m mark and has expressed an interest in playing champs league next season so why aint we moving for him ? It is one thing to claim that we cannot compete for the marquis signings when citeeh and the chavs are involved but a different thing when they aint involved and if you are afraid of being priced out then get in eraly and do the deal when oter clubs are focusing elsewhere.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

As you say augie Dempsey is a no brainer.You only had to look back to last summer when our only good signing was Arteta a player with proven premier league experience.

The same goes for Demba Ba £7m for a proven premier league scorer.

Dont be surprised if they end up at Shite Hart Lane :banghead: :banghead:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I don't think Dembele is good enough often enough. However, I watched Switzerland beat the Krouts 5-2 and Inler was excellent. Twice the player that Song is.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

GranadaJoe wrote:I don't think Dembele is good enough often enough. However, I watched Switzerland beat the Krouts 5-2 and Inler was excellent. Twice the player that Song is.
Tbf, that's not saying much.. :?

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

I think we should just hold onto RVP. I think he is worth 25m for just 1 season besides he may resign during that time. It shows ambition.

FFS though sigh some fucking players. Its just like last summer just replace Gervinho with Pod

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Seriously though guys, did anyone GENUINELY think that this summer would be any different to the last few? Wenger does NOT do what is necessary, ever, he does NOT get rid of the dead wood en masse. To do that would be admitting he was wrong about many players and our manager is so far up his own ar5e, he would never admit to that. After all, he has been in football for so long and clearly knows more than anyone else on the planet!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

TeeCee wrote:Seriously though guys, did anyone GENUINELY think that this summer would be any different to the last few? Wenger does NOT do what is necessary, ever, he does NOT get rid of the dead wood en masse. To do that would be admitting he was wrong about many players and our manager is so far up his own ar5e, he would never admit to that. After all, he has been in football for so long and clearly knows more than anyone else on the planet!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Agree, but surely he's been proved wrong about Almunia, released on a free transfer, number 1 keeper for around 5 seasons, Wenger wanked constantly about the useless *word censored*.. :?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Augie Inler is class trust me I'm with SpanishJoe on this one here, he is a beast and I'd have him ahead of De Jong anyday!
I see your points on Dembele but I'd have h ahead of the forehead any day of the week I cannot stand watching that lazy sack of crap one more season!
Dempsey no brainer too - none of them cost a lot.
I would take an older striker like Diego Milito who wouldn't cost much or, seriously, David Villa has fallen out with Barca and they're looking for a new striker. I'd stick in a £20 mil bid for him and test it.

Course, we have a wrinkly unambitious sack of crap managing us, and a bigger sack of crap owning our club so it's nigh on impossible...

One thing that makes me laugh with the RVP situation: he still has a year left on his contract.
He is an Arsenal player.
Say to Mancini: "Ok. If you want RVP, then we would like Dzeko, De Jong and £2 mil please".
Citeh can afford it.

Again though, problem is Wenger and the **** running the club have no interest in team building and new players of quality. They'll want straight cash for RVP. Just as we wanted straight cash for Bayor and Kolo even though we coulda bargained for Joe Hart plus cash.

Sickening.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Babatunde wrote:Augie Inler is class trust me I'm with SpanishJoe on this one here, he is a beast and I'd have him ahead of De Jong anyday!
I see your points on Dembele but I'd have h ahead of the forehead any day of the week I cannot stand watching that lazy sack of crap one more season!
Dempsey no brainer too - none of them cost a lot.
I would take an older striker like Diego Milito who wouldn't cost much or, seriously, David Villa has fallen out with Barca and they're looking for a new striker. I'd stick in a £20 mil bid for him and test it.

Course, we have a wrinkly unambitious sack of crap managing us, and a bigger sack of crap owning our club so it's nigh on impossible...

One thing that makes me laugh with the RVP situation: he still has a year left on his contract.
He is an Arsenal player.
Say to Mancini: "Ok. If you want RVP, then we would like Dzeko, De Jong and £2 mil please".
Citeh can afford it.

Again though, problem is Wenger and the **** running the club have no interest in team building and new players of quality. They'll want straight cash for RVP. Just as we wanted straight cash for Bayor and Kolo even though we coulda bargained for Joe Hart plus cash.

Sickening.
tbh id rather have ballotelli

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Babatunde wrote:
Spot on Baba When we sold Cesc we could have got a couple of Barca players(Thiago and Maxwell).The same when we sold them Henry.But this club is all about making money

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is just getting worse and worse and worse................until there is a total change in manager and club ownership it will continue...it makes me want to despair and my fucking blood boil.... no wonder some people go on a shooting spree with an Uzi 9ml or whatever the fuck they use......

HOW MUCH LONGER CAN WE STAND THIS.....It makes me want to walk away for good. :cry: