unbelieveble from djourou

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
benglenton

unbelieveble from djourou

Post by benglenton »

before everything starts i just want to know where is humilty in football
how is possible to make some declarations like djourou did?
'My situation at Arsenal is not easy,' he told 20min.ch. 'I’ve never played so little, and especially not in my own position.'
Laurent Koscielny and Thomas Vermaelen are the Gunners' first choice central defensive options, while Per Mertesacker adds further competition.
Djourou has found himself put at right-back, a position he is clearly uncomfortable in.
'If an interesting offer comes, I’ll look at it carefully,' he explained.
even stupidiest fan in this planet understands how terrible is this player
able to do nothing
he's very lucky to get a shirt at AFC and that's his mood
"situation is not easy" for us because we must see you playing in glorious Cannon shirt
you'd say "situation is best for me because i'm sh!t and they pay for let me playing or trying it"
sorry guys but this is really crazy, one of the weakest player ever and he's not happy for not playing
remember that a certain Tone Adams received the information being in starting XI while cleaning restroom pavement
really hope that this person go away from our Club
Last edited by benglenton on Wed May 30, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Londoner

Re: unbelieveble from djourou

Post by Top Londoner »

Aah, but is it his fault that he learned to let the ball bounce once, twice if possible, before defending it?

Vinny1967

Post by Vinny1967 »

I see nothing wrong in what he said.
It's not his fault he is not what we want him to be.

I hope he goes and is replaced with better quality and if he does go I would wish they guy well.

:barscarf:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Is it any wonder he's deluded.Wenger gave him a contract extenstion. :banghead: :banghead:

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Djourou has been honest.
At least it shows he has ambition, but sadly does not have the talent to go with that ambition.

He has had a poor season, post injury, and I can see him leaving.

He looked very promising when he arrived, and once again I wonder if he was coached properly?

Babatunde

Post by Babatunde »

Another Wenger success story from Project ***** goes astray....
Zzzzzzz
:roll:

Herd

Post by Herd »

He has been all over Arsenal Player last year about this or that and to be fair he isn't a bad 2nd back up defender ,he's just not a good 1st choice one.
How much does he get a week though ??? He could play for a lower premier League club or In Holland Germany etc but they only pay 20/30 k a week and you can be sure he is on much more than that ...........he aint going nowhere fast unless we drop a pile of money !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Vinny1967 wrote:I see nothing wrong in what he said.
It's not his fault he is not what we want him to be.

I hope he goes and is replaced with better quality and if he does go I would wish the guy well.

:barscarf:

especially if he goes to the scum - now that they've lost their mainstay (injured forever) Cb... Hey! that's a good idea l king retires we give em djourou :high5: sorrrrrtttted! :D

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Dj is just lucky to be playing for any club. He's painfully average.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Is it any wonder he's deluded.Wenger gave him a contract extenstion
Exactly, this is why Arsenal are so far behind the best teams, we keep giving very very mediocre players like JD contract extensions, and probably on better money than he was....why?? How has he earned it??

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Wenger has shown over the years that he hasn't got a clue when it comes to defenders. Apart from the Campbell / Toure partnership we have had to endure various crap signings of which Dodo is just another. Senderos still makes me shiver and Squillaci just proved that Wenger plays 'eeny meeny miny mo' when it comes to buying a centre half. Just get this clown shipped out, sod the fee, get rid. Just makes you wonder whether the early years silverware would have happened if Wenger hadn't inherited a rock solid defence from George.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

The guy gets paid 50k a week. Absolutely incredible reward for being painfully average and not to mention injury prone.

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Reason why Wenger has lost the plot is giving this guy a new contract. He is utter shite

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

To be fair, as much as I think that Djourou is a good player at a mid-lower team - eg. Fulham, West Brom, etc, I don't really see him being fourth choice as the end of the world which is why he got the good contract - to ease the annoyance of not playing regularly.

If you look around the league, I think that you'd see Djourou being around 3rd/4th choice in the bigger squads. The problem is that he isn't so versatile, like the defenders at ManU, so he can really only play CB (although, I think that he started as a midfielder, if I am not mistaken).

If we move him one, then we need to either promote a youngster or get someone who isn't going to mind not playing much - which means paying a transfer fee along with signing-on bonus/contract. Is that worth it? You could end up with a Squillachi or someone that needs time to adapt.

Djourou can play well on his day, if everyone recalls from a two seasons ago. I'd hang on to him.

ThomasMitchell

Post by ThomasMitchell »

begeegs wrote:To be fair, as much as I think that Djourou is a good player at a mid-lower team - eg. Fulham, West Brom, etc, I don't really see him being fourth choice as the end of the world which is why he got the good contract - to ease the annoyance of not playing regularly.

If you look around the league, I think that you'd see Djourou being around 3rd/4th choice in the bigger squads. The problem is that he isn't so versatile, like the defenders at ManU, so he can really only play CB (although, I think that he started as a midfielder, if I am not mistaken).

If we move him one, then we need to either promote a youngster or get someone who isn't going to mind not playing much - which means paying a transfer fee along with signing-on bonus/contract. Is that worth it? You could end up with a Squillachi or someone that needs time to adapt.

Djourou can play well on his day, if everyone recalls from a two seasons ago. I'd hang on to him.
I don't wish to be rude, but this statement says so much about the willingness of Arsenal fans to put up with average -"on his day", "two seasons ago". Add to this the statement of "not so versatile" and I think we see the real issue with this player. He has been at the Club about eight years. He has never performed consistently well. He never will. He is paid £50,000 a week. He is a symbol of everything that is wrong with our Club at the moment - poor, underperforming players that never, ever learn from their mistakes yet are treated like super stars. Save the money we waste on his salary and put it to good use elsewhere on a new player that can actually help us win something. And if he is as decent as some people claim, I am sure that some top clubs will be in for him soon offering top money – just like they did for Wenger’s other quality players like Bendtner, Denilson and Almunia. Isn’t it about time we had a bit more ambition for our Club than rather than putting up with dross like this season after season after season?
Last edited by ThomasMitchell on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.